PDA

View Full Version : question about my 1 yr old.

AmdWolfman
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
He'll be 1 in November 15, but anyways he has short legs and a bulldog type body. He has the grey of a Tabby,and also white, funny thing is he is symetrical,his white is even on all four legs,and his face is the same . Very cute cat. I have another question he loves to fight, I don't mind but he is very determined to run this house,lol. Just wondering what kind of cat would have short legs like that . And how do I calm him down, He will let me pet him and love him up but then he wants to fight.

Larimar
10-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Are you able to post a pic? Is it short, medium, or long fur? May be a mix and impossible to tell..but maybe with a piccy someone can?

AmdWolfman
10-21-2011, 12:16 PM
short hair, probally heinz 57 . like to know the breed that has short legs like that tho,thx

Larimar
10-21-2011, 12:40 PM
hard to know without a pic.

Munchkin cats have short legs..but its not likely it is this.

Larimar
10-21-2011, 12:58 PM
If you got it from the humane society, you could give the name they had with it and there will be a pic

AmdWolfman
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
No,I got him privately, loves to scrap and i had him fixxed a few moths ago , still got the kitten in him. I like that.

magic mushroom
10-21-2011, 06:25 PM
he was probably trained to scrap by previous owners. sometimes people do the play fighting and think it is funny, but then it gets ingrained in the animal.
to stop it try when he starts up to walk away and yell no... you have to repeat that everytime he starts up. it may take time to get him to stop. but well worth it.
ignore with bad behavior.
it will work but you have to be patient and persistent.

my one cat had short legs like a munchkin cat but she was just a tabby. cats can have many different fathers so he is probably just a mixture of maybe many different fathers at conception.

nightingale
10-25-2011, 08:07 AM
cats can have many different fathers so he is probably just a mixture of maybe many different fathers at conception.

This is something I have never heard before. I thought all mammals were one egg one sperm.

Super Gram
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I got my cat from the HS....she liked to fight and bite. I said no very firmly and walked away. Takes a while but they learn, Now she sits up on her hind end with her paws out. We pretend we are hitting her and when we stop she knows we are finished.

Larimar
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
cats can have many different fathers so he is probably just a mixture of maybe many different fathers at conception.

This is something I have never heard before. I thought all mammals were one egg one sperm.

Cats give birth to a whole litter so when one Tom cat mates with the Queen /Female he impregnates one egg and another male may come along and their sperm may beat the firsts to another egg. So the litter has multiple fathers-I don't think each egg has multiple fathers. I also believe munckin cats are originally a mutation so can happen in any breed.

AmdWolfman
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
ya it's got to change his behavior, he follows mme around every room which makes me think he was given away to early. But seems to know exactly going step he runs past meand to hit me legs, when i first got him he was very rambusios(lol ) didn't matter becuzz he was like that , you imagine being raised in a family with 2 little girls that they had to give him up .
this makes no sense so have a drink on me.

Larimar
10-25-2011, 10:07 PM
My cats love to play fight too. I just make sure if it gets too rough to leave and ignore him..but just like dogs they enjoy a play fight... When we got him another cat he quieted down a little on his play with humans as he now has another cat to play with-they both enjoy the play a lot (it is natural). I still enjoy it when he chooses me to play with too tho lol.

He doesn't use his nails, but I cut them just in case ;) (It's usually belly up play-this shows trust on the cats part).

nightingale
10-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Cats give birth to a whole litter so when one Tom cat mates with the Queen /Female he impregnates one egg and another male may come along and their sperm may beat the firsts to another egg. So the litter has multiple fathers-I don't think each egg has multiple fathers. I also believe munckin cats are originally a mutation so can happen in any breed.

ok, that makes better sense :)