4 large peeled and diced fresh ripe tomatoes
¾ cup chopped onion (Red or Spanish)
3 tbsp jalapeño peppers. diced
1½ tsp garlic salt
1-156 ml can of tomato paste
1½ tbsp olive oil
3 tsp of chopped cilantro
1½ tsp salt

Roughly chop all the tomatoes (including the peeled tomatoes) in the blender for a few seconds, just enough to make them chunky (we don’t have a blender now, so I just chop them better). Add the rest of the ingredients and let it all sit in the fridge. It’s best of you make this a few days before serving it, otherwise it just tastes like tomatoes and oil.

The way I have always peeled tomatoes is to buy very ripe tomatoes, place them in a bowl, and pour boiling hot water over them, letting them sit for a few minutes. The skin will start to crack and can be peeled off. I have also heard about hot, then cold, but have never used this. There are, I’m sure, thousands of pages on the Internet dedicated to the best way to peel tomatoes, so if my method doesn’t work for you, I’m sure one will.

NOS2002
10-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the post, i always loved their salsa and con queso, i'll give it a try :)

kitca
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
its really good and really easy to make. can i add one thing. to peel the tomatoes i was taught to score an X into the top or bottom and then the boiling water and the skin starts coming off so easy.

NOS2002
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
you dont happen to have the con queso recipe do you? i always enjoyed that one too

kitca
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
i would like to get my hands on it too.