PDA

View Full Version : Limp Tail

BloodMoon
11-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Have any of your cats tails gone limp? My cat usually walks around with her tail way up in the air but the past couple of days I've noticed the two three inches from her bottom will be erect while the rest of her tail is fallen slumped over just dangling there. She is an indoor cat and there is no injury (that we know of). Can't feel any bumps and she doesn't seem to mind me touching it. Has this happened to anyone elses cat?

Larimar
11-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Can you take a photo of the tail ? When a cat is happy they do raise it and slump it over in a curved manner. If it is constantly in a limp position it may be sprained. Cats like many animals will not show signs of pain if at all possible. This is a wild instinct to make sure they are not going to fall prey to predators. It may be best to bring your cat to the vet to take a look. Sometimes cats play rough or run into things, climb where they shouldnt-accidents happen even indoors...I hope your cat is okay though! :)

BloodMoon
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
It definatly isn't her happy tail. It kinda looks sad :( I can lift it up for her and let it go and it drops like a dead weight. She has an appointment today to get it checked out. Hopefully I'm just over reacting here and she's ok :)

BloodMoon
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Turns out the poor girl has a bladder infection. I guess the limp tail is her way of saying there is something wrong.

kitca
11-03-2011, 06:09 PM
awwwe, poor girl. im so glad it was fairly easy to fix that. and interesting to know. thanks for letting us know.

Larimar
11-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you were able to find the cause. Hope he feel better!

Super Gram
11-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I will have to remember about the limp tail and why...