PDA

View Full Version : OMG the morning sickness

MagicFingers
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
My other pregnancy I had mornign sickness but not near this bad. Although I have only thrown up once I feel sick all the time. I am a person that loves her food and the past 4 days have hardly eaten and the thought of food upsets my stomach. In all my books it says typically morning sickness is worse with the first pregnancy it seems that it is worse with this one for me. And I am exhausted I hope i get over this hump soon.

CANDY_74
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
How far along are you?

I was the same way with this pregnancy (which is my 5th). Ive NEVER had morning sickness as bad as I did with this one; except I wouldnt even puke :( Just nauseous all the time, for the first 3.5mths and then it went away......Now Im 30 weeks and am starting to feel the nauseousness again....it sucks!!

And also the whole tiredness thing is killing me again :( The whole time I was nauseous I was sleeping ALL the time, it seemed...and guess what its back again too!!

They sure aren't lying when they say every pregnancy is different !! lol...

chase_me
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I was so sick in my last two i had to actually get my doctor to prescribe diclectin to me so that I could start feeling human because i was so sick

MagicFingers
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I am approx 7-8 weeks pregnant. I could hardly keep anything in on the weekend. And the desire to eat well there is none. I am hungry but every time I try I feel sick. I was able to keep some toast and lipton noodle soup down but its more the dry heaves that is killing me. This pregnancy is a welcomed wanted one but a surprise. Since feb I was on clomid and then in sept I hurt my back so I went off. and then got pregnant in Oct just found out nov 16th. My cat died Sept 1st my Gram died in my arms on Sept 3rd and i hurt my back so bad on sept 16th so it has been a rough couple months and now this little light its like my Gram was hard at work.

icecapp
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I feel for you magic fingers, I had morning sickness with all 3 of my pragnacys, worse with my daughter, and I was Beat dead tired all the time, Id go to familys house with my husband Id sit for 5 mins and Id be out cold, did not matter where I was, I was sick from the 5th week in and still puking the day I delivered her, only thing with me that helped was as silly as this sounds, I ate ice cubes something firce, Sniffed orange peels, as its calming, mint candys helped aswell to calm the stomach Diclectin was a waste of money for me, which I took with all 3 of my pregnacys, I lost 55lbs from the day I got prego to the day I delivered her.. I lost 3-5 pounds each weekly visit.. and I was monitored each week cause of the weight loss, then it went to every 3 days after my 30th week. I wish you luck, but like I said sniffing orange peels helped, pepermint candys helped, and The biggest thing was to keep my food down I had to EAT what I was craving, all the time. or It would come up, Mcdonalds and my pregancys were enemys, to this day I still cannot cook sausages in the house. but also learning to eat hand fuls multiple times a day worked, and I could not drink water as it would go in and come back up.. i really and in all honesty do not wish it on anyone, Not even my worst enemy, cause its brutal With my boys the sickness subsided after the 5th month

MagicFingers
12-05-2011, 11:33 AM
With my son after the third month I was ok. And even then I was ok most the day I would get tired mid day and be sick around 8pm but the rest of the time be fine. This time round it is all day every day. It actually wakes me up I sleep with a bucket beside the bed and as I said it is really just dry heaves. Called my doctor this morning to see if I could get some diclectin as I do not see her until next week and she isn't in today so I have to wait till tomorrow.

lynys
12-05-2011, 03:10 PM
*runs in to brag about NOT having morning sickness*

*runs back out*

MagicFingers
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
B....Itch LMAO just kidding of course

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Is it the same father?

MagicFingers
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't recall that being the topic. Whether both of my children are by the same father is not the point and has little to do with my morning sickness. If you knew anything about pregnancy and what causes morning sickness you would know that. Go back to the hole you crawled out of. if you have nothing productive to add to the thread then don't comment.

hobo
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I never had morning sickness with either of our two children. Actually the only suffering I endured was constantly having to watch my wife eat ice cream - banana fudge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couvade_syndrome Just thought I would throw something out for the men to consider in this thread. Okay I'm out of here!

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't recall that being the topic. Whether both of my children are by the same father is not the point and has little to do with my morning sickness. If you knew anything about pregnancy and what causes morning sickness you would know that. Go back to the hole you crawled out of. if you have nothing productive to add to the thread then don't comment.

I'll take that as a no.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2011, 01:23 AM
i lost weight during my first and last pregnancies because of the morning sickness. everytime i moved i'd throw up, there were times i went days without being able to hold anything down. the diclectin actually made it worse for me and i gave up on the vitamins because they never stayed down more than thirty seconds. the last pregnancy i was able to get down white toast with just a smidge of peanut butter on it and most days that was it. in all my pregnancies i knew i was prego because i woke up one day and started throwing up and never stopped, it started before i was even late. i feel for you. try to get as much sleep as you can.

MagicFingers
12-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I'll take that as a no.
For the record yes both of my children have the same biological father. It was an idiotic question to ask and I find it very insulting to anyone to ask it, hence my first response. So your take on it is Wrong but again your assuming many things. Oh yes if a woman has more than one child she must be a W*&^$% and they must be from different men. Of course being a cat you would know what it is like to let your natural instincts take over and have no self control after all when a cat goes into heat they will &^%% just about anything.

MagicFingers
12-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks Blue.... calling the doctor today as I have a bit of spotting but no cramping which is good so it could be normal but better safe than sorry.

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
For the record yes both of my children have the same biological father. It was an idiotic question to ask and I find it very insulting to anyone to ask it, hence my first response. So your take on it is Wrong but again your assuming many things. Oh yes if a woman has more than one child she must be a W*&^$% and they must be from different men. Of course being a cat you would know what it is like to let your natural instincts take over and have no self control after all when a cat goes into heat they will &^%% just about anything.

Well judging by your sense of humour, he is one lucky man.

MagicFingers
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Well judging by your sense of humour, he is one lucky man.
I have a great sense of humor I just don't tolerate people who make assumptions about me in a public forum, and then they vocalize them, sometimes you think your being funny when really you are not and it is just plain rude and offensive. What you asked had nothing to do with what I posted and I answered as no one should be feeling judged being pregnant is not something to be ashamed of even if you have children from different fathers, apparently cats mate with whatever other cat happens to be in the area so I wouldn't be so proud of your own behaviour how many offspring do you now have couple dozen?

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I have a great sense of humor I just don't tolerate people who make assumptions about me in a public forum, and then they vocalize them, sometimes you think your being funny when really you are not and it is just plain rude and offensive. What you asked had nothing to do with what I posted and I answered as no one should be feeling judged being pregnant is not something to be ashamed of even if you have children from different fathers, apparently cats mate with whatever other cat happens to be in the area so I wouldn't be so proud of your own behaviour how many offspring do you now have couple dozen?

A very very lucky man.

I have a few different sugar-kitties. I haven't been counting though.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
it's not very nice to intentionally irritate pregnant women, in fact it's not all that safe either.

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM
it's not very nice to intentionally irritate pregnant women, in fact it's not all that safe either.

I'm an evil cat.

MagicFingers
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
blue....Im a cat lover but for the first time in my life this is one cat I would rather put down than spend a second with.

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
blue....Im a cat lover but for the first time in my life this is one cat I would rather put down than spend a second with.

I put doctors down.

Dragonfly
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
As someone else said, for both my pregnancies I knew before a test could even prove it. I swear the day I conceived I started getting sick haha. I found getting up slowly in the AM and eating some crackers before I even got up to help, eating every coupld of hours whether I liked to or not, and drinking lots of water helped it. Sure didn't cure it, my husband couldn't even turn the stove on without me puking because apparently I could smell heat (??LOL) so I feel for ya. I dont know, those things helped me.

CANDY_74
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I chew gum almost constantly to stop the nauseousness, adn it does work as long as its peppermint, spearmint etc...

And someone said their wife was (or is) craving ice cream..
LOL...thats funny because before I was pregnant with this baby I could eat a bowl of whatever kind of ice cream I could get my hands on and it HAD to have caramel sauce on it and bananas cut up...since I got pregnant just the thought of eating ice cream, or even watching someone eat ice cream is GROSS!!!!!

And Ive never liked Mr.Noodles ever...but guess what Ive been eating them...lol..

MagicFingers
12-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I can't eat dairy, the thought of ice cream makes me dry heave. I was craving cheese cake my husband went out and got me a slice and I puked everywhere. Although again if I had been paying attention tot he signs i look back and am like yep I shoudl have known. With my son I could drink the olive juice right out of the jar I craved it so bad. Before I found out I was pregnant we went to kewadin casion for supper had the buffet and I just about made a meal out of the olives LOL then at my moms I was going to the fridge and eating the olives out of the jar couldn't get enough. Should have been a sign.

I picked up the diclectin today OMG expensive $100 for 60 tabs I am supposed to have 1 when i get up 1 at lunch and 2 at bed. Figure I will have the 2 at bed and one at lunch and save my morning one. they said I could play around with it specially if it isn't too bad. I think that would be a good mix for me for now I am usually ok in the morning its not until lunch that it usually hits me and then it is all day.

Dookie
12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
I will be 37 weeks on Saturday (due Dec.31st)...and I woke up dry heaving...all of a sudden....so close to throwing up and I don't even know what triggered it. I've only NOT felt sick for about a month...maybe 6 weeks and now it's back!?

I feel for all of you with morning sickness...it's AWFUL...and the part about it going away after the 1st trimester...not true for me at all :(

I'm hoping it's a sign that things are gonna happen soon *crossing my fingers*

Bill Nash
12-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Whoa .... take a pill, .....

Bill Nash
12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
With our first son, I couldn't eat breakfast for the first three months. With our second child, i could only do an instant coffee for five months, .... for the third kid, everything was off the menu at breakfast time for six months. Now my wife can't get pregnant anymore, and she is back to making breakfast for me, ....

Dookie
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
With our first son, I couldn't eat breakfast for the first three months. With our second child, i could only do an instant coffee for five months, .... for the third kid, everything was off the menu at breakfast time for six months. Now my wife can't get pregnant anymore, and she is back to making breakfast for me, ....

Haha, you funny guy!

Larimar
12-13-2011, 06:20 PM

lol. ah, what would men do without their wives :p

nightingale
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
my husband gained as much weight as I did with each pregnancy....what was up with that??

Larimar
12-13-2011, 11:15 PM
my husband gained as much weight as I did with each pregnancy....what was up with that??

LOL..

lynys
01-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Wondering if that New Years Eve baby was born... ?

HDV
01-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Wondering if that New Years Eve baby was born... ?

Yup, a baby girl

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=37469

Misschix
01-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Omg with all three of my pregnancies the morning sickness was unbearable...
The smell of cigarette smoke ( and i was a smoker) but quit ,... was the worst smell EVER
My biggest saviour...every morning CHOCOLATE MILK I swear by it , somedays it was like ALL day sickness but I found chocolate milk or i would eat Cream soups like potato bacon or broccoli and cheese even if i just woke up in the morning and it totally helped it (mind you to this day , you even put milk in front of me i start heaving and want to vomit) lol Good luck though

Dookie
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
My "New Year's Eve" (due December 31st) baby was born on December 23rd!! WOOHOO!! A little boy! :) Not a moment too soon, either.

Misschix
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
my "new year's eve" (due december 31st) baby was born on december 23rd!! Woohoo!! A little boy! :) not a moment too soon, either.

congrats!

Dookie
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
congrats!

Thanks!!

8 lbs. 7 oz., 21 1/2 inches at 5:37pm...on my daughter's 18 month birthday!! Apparently, the number 23 is a lucky number for me. June 23rd and December 23rd!

lynys
01-01-2012, 11:20 PM
My "New Year's Eve" (due December 31st) baby was born on December 23rd!! WOOHOO!! A little boy! :) Not a moment too soon, either.

Yay! It was your baby I was referring to... ;)

Congrats!

MagicFingers
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Congrats guys. As you were giving birth I was puking...still puking. I am 20 pounds lighter now than i was 3 months ago. Christmas day I spent in the bathroom, it is starting to subside thank god. I am a new years baby....whatever you do don't give them combined presents. It sucks IE onebig christmas gift and tell them it is their christmas and birthday gift. That sucks