PDA

View Full Version : Buttery Almond Bars

MagicFingers
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
These are a must have every year. I had to make another batch today as my family ate the batch i made on saturday. They are now securily hidden at the bottom of the freezer.

Hi Pam here is my recipe for the buttery almond bars. You will NOT be disappointed I made them on the weekend and they are fabulous.

1st part

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs (I use xtra large)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine flour and baking powder, set aside. Melt butter in large sauce pan. Remove from heat, blend in sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Spread in a *****well greased**** pan 13x9x2 Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

2nd Part

Melt 1/4 cup butter in small sauce pan. Add and mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup corn syrup 2 tbsp water and 1/4 tsp of salt. Bring mixture to a boil 4 min stir constantly. Stir in 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds. If you can't find slivered sliced works. NOTE: I add a little more corn syrup and a little more butter I don't know exactly how much I eyeball it approx 1/4 cup corn syrup and a table sppon butter, makes it a little more gooey.

Spread mixture evenly over surface and bake 15 more minutes.

OPTIONAL ADDITIVE: can melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the top after the topping is finished baking.