PDA

View Full Version : Dr. J. Keuhl

Anna Noyance
12-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I am posting under my Mother's identity.

I am not looking for opinions on circumcision. I want to know if anyone has had their son circumcised by Dr. Keuhl. Apparently, he is new in town and offers this service, but I would like some feedback as to results. Otherwise, I will be making the trip to Elliot Lake or SSM, Michigan. Who knows, it might be a girl and this all for naught. I am due December 31st.

Thanks.

THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE ON THE ISSUE. My husband and I have ALREADY decided that this procedure will be done if we have a little boy.

MagicFingers
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Anna I have no feedback on this doctor never even heard of dr keuhl before however we went to dr garlinghouse across the river him and his staff were amazing and regardless if you have to pay it is better to go there than to elliot lake. I know many people who went to dr garlinghouse and there is nothing but good and positive feedback. Hope this helps. In 2010 I paid $350 american

This is his contact info
Address & Contact Information:
Bridgeview Family Medicine
333 Magazine Street Suite 102
Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783

I am also newly pregnant and if everything turns out fine and we have a boy we will be going there again.

nightingale
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Just a bit of info.....I used to assist with circumcisions when I worked across the river. As far as anesthetic goes, some doctors use lidocaine (painful for the baby) and some use Emla cream (no pain at all - as long as it is allowed to remain on for about 45 mins before the procedure). I would be sure to ask the doctor which method of anesthetic they use. I found that the babies that had the Emla cream were less stressed and cried the least - some didn't cry at all. We would feed the baby glucose water as they were being done to soothe them...this also helped a lot. These are the questions that I would ask. The actual procedure is very, very easy and any trained doctor will be able to do it.

MagicFingers
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I believe the procedure you are talking about nightingale is what doctor garlinghouse does, I know they fed my sone glucose water which is why they didn't want me to feed him 1.5 hours before the procedure so that he would be wanting the glucose water. And my son never cried at all. He didn't even need so much as tylenol after the procedure.

Dookie
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi...I finally got my password and all that reset. I wrote the original post and appreciate the feed back. I know I wasn't looking forward to the drive to Elliot Lake...especially this time of year. I found out about this new doctor at my last doctor's appointment. They had the information up on the wall. Apparently, he is in the Group Health Centre...I think my mom has the original letter/posting now.

Thanks for the information on what questions to ask as well. I am so ready to go with this baby! Good luck with your new one, also!

zoo crew
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi well I can't really say what the outcome of Dr. Keuhl's circumcisions are but he is my 19 month olds pediatrician. He is amazing. He's smart, kind, and just loves his job. Anyways I hope you find the answers your looking for.

icecapp
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Johnathon is absolutly AMAZING.. hes been practacing two yrs.. next month he told us in his office on thursday, my son was taken to the er two weeks ago today and he was called in and we have a dr but he has steped up and will take my son on as a full time patient, I cannot say enough good about him.. he is so friendly and so strait laceds and not high and mighty like some drs get... he looks like hes about 18yrs old...