PDA

View Full Version : effxor

kitca
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
hi, my dr. is on holidays till after new years. i am wondering if anyone out there has effxor non xr and wants to trade for some that is xr. basicially i need some non extended release. i am in the process of weaning off it and i am having horrible dizziness and other side effects. i have googled looking for tips, and the best one i can find is to take part of the dose every couple hours as needed to keep the symptoms easier. they say it works best that way with the non xr. thanks.

everywoman
12-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Kitca, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm not sure which kind my effexor is- I'm at work, but I can check in the morning. I'm also weaning off. Lovely process isn't it? I went from 150 mg last year, all the way down to 10 mg as of last week. 37.5 mg is the lowest dose, so I am actually having to open up the capsule and separate the granules. It's the worst process I've even been through. I get these things that feel like brain zaps, and it's very uncomfortable. Good luck, and just keep up what you're doing, but keep it very slow. I've been weaning for several months.

everywoman
12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Kitca- I checked. I don't have what you're looking for.

kitca
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
thanks everywoman. im gonna have to open up my capsules also. i put a weeks worth in one of those pill organizers.....so im gonna have a time with those ones. ive been on a high dose for years and its time for something different. ive been scouring the net for tips and ideas and am interested in 5-htp. anyway, thanks for checking, i appreciate it. check out 5-htp and how it can help the withdrawl.

everywoman
12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks....I'm on St. John's Wort right now, and all seems to be ok.

kitca
12-26-2011, 11:11 AM
well, i figured it out, sort of, i have to waste a whole pill to take another pill and halve it. those things are about $3. each i feel bad about that! one of the websites said to use the non XR ones and just take 10 granules every time the symptoms rear up throughout the day and its easier to to deal with. another one says that if you do have the xr that after you halve them for awhile just add a few less granules each day or week and its so gradual that you dont get as sick. lets hope, thats what im gonna do. thanks again.

everywoman
12-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Sounds like a good plan!

Super Gram
01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't know why these Drs put people on anti depressants and they don't know the withdrawl you get. Especially Effexor. I was on it for 4 yrs and it was wonderful. But when it didn't work anymore, I went into Riverview to be taken off. It took Dr. Tang one week to get me off. Some of these Drs amaze me. They have no idea how the anti depresants now days are habit forming.They should never give them to people unless they know how to take a person off.

SIMBA
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I have to agree with you 100 % Supergram. I feel that they are over prescribed big time! I was off and on different meds for about 4 years. I was on the lowest dose of paxil for a year and weened myself off and did fine. Over the Summer I had some of my panic/anxiety symptoms return and I refused to go back on meds. I can't stand being on them. So...through some homework I did for a week I found a program called Panic Away on the internet. It teaches you cognitive behavioral therapy. I had to purchase the program for 70 dollars and if I wasn't satisfied I could get my money back. I figured what's 70 bucks compared to a monthly cost of meds every month? I tried the program and it was very hard at first but it worked!! I started it in Oct. I have never felt better in my life!! I thought at first it was never going to work but it explains what you are going through and it teaches you step by step how to get rid of it period! As soon as I understood anxiety, panic and depression symptoms and the reasons why I have it the easier it was to deal with it. They also have a forum where people post their day to day experiences and there is a lot of support. I learned a lot from this program and I highly recommend it!
The best part about it is I am med free and feel good! And I did it myself! It's a good feeling.

If anyone is interested in trying it, I can put it on a disk for you. It's well worth it. :)