PDA

View Full Version : Size difference in my cats

Larimar
12-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I realize that there's always a difference in size between male and female cats, but is it a major difference?

My partner and I adopted our first black cat when he was 6 months old and by that time he was already bigger than my now 7 month old female.
We adopted the female when she was 2 months old at two pounds. The vet said when she was 5 months old she was 4 pounds. She looked exactly the same size though and today at 7 months she's still the same size!

Here is a picture of them both- the small one is about 3 months old here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/emoticons1/6.jpg

and she honestly looks the same size today. I'll look for a current picture in a moment and post it.

Her head is sooooo small.

Is this normal? or is there a breed like this?..or what's your thought?
I'm new to cat owning lol.

A*lil*Loopy
12-30-2011, 07:01 PM
For years we had a very small cat, she was much slimmer and much smaller overall than the others. The vet said that's just the way she is. Our other females and a male were noticeably larger than her but just like people, they can vary in size.
I'm unaware of various cat breeds.

Mimi
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
You have a petite little female. My females growth was stunted at first cause she was the runt and competed with 5 littermates for food. Then the mom cat deserted them at 3 weeks. She was only 4 lbs at 6 months old too. It took her a long time to develop and be fully grown (about a year). She has been around 10 lbs ever since. Girl cats tend to be smaller than males.

kitca
12-30-2011, 09:54 PM
i love that pic of the 2 of them like that. you should see the differences in males and females and just different cats at the office. it is amazing. those males. the muscles...you can feel the weight and feel the muscles, yet the females are just like lifting a feather. and they are all different, but some are so distinct.

Larimar
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
thanks. :)

LettuceLady
02-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Beautiful cats! My alpha himalayan is 5lbs. My biggest persian 'sucky' boy is 17lbs. Just different sizes is all ;)