PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Wheel Chair

Punkydo
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy or rent a doggy wheel chair here in the Soo??? I can't call my vet becuase they are not open on the weekend. Thank you!

lynys
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Aww, puppy still not very mobile? Hugs for Gingerellapants! And of course you and the old man.

Punkydo
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
She is still not walking that much. I was reading about wheel chairs for dogs and how they help take pressure off of them.

TNT
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
My vet has a dog named Gyp thats paralized and has a W/C. You may get some info from him if you were to inquire. Give Northland a call and leave a msg. for Dr. craig. Hope your pup feels better.

A*lil*Loopy
01-24-2012, 07:15 PM
When we wanted one, we searched online. I wasn't aware of anything local but if there is Dr. Craig will certainly know of it.
When our big guy was needing help, we ended up using a large towel to support his midsection to take the weight off of his hind legs. He was 120 lbs and it took 2 of us.
When looking for the wheel chair, keep in mind what goes up against your dogs skin. There are so many on the market and some put pressure on their back, so shop carefully if it comes to that.

Hope your dog gets better.

Punkydo
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the replies!! Ginger is doing so much better now and she is walking fine.