PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Buns

IMHO
01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
It is difficult to purchase these buns that are loaded up enough with cinnamon ,butter and brown sugar. Most places skimp on the ingredients. IS THERE A PLACE YOU WOULD RECOMMEND trying for these buns?

BrAt
01-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Your kitchen. <3

I had some left over pizza dough one day and didn't know what to do with it so I made cinnamon buns. They were amazing! Just spread on the butter, cover with brown sugar then sprinkle on the cinnamon (I added pecans too). I didn't use an icing because they were too good without it but you can whip up some of that quick too with icing sugar.

IMHO
01-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Your kitchen. <3

I had some left over pizza dough one day and didn't know what to do with it so I made cinnamon buns. They were amazing! Just spread on the butter, cover with brown sugar then sprinkle on the cinnamon (I added pecans too). I didn't use an icing because they were too good without it but you can whip up some of that quick too with icing sugar.

Nice...can you give me the baking instructions?

BrAt
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Yep! Pardon my lack of official kitchen lingo. lol

If your pizza dough is frozen, leave in your fridge for about 24 hours to thaw. Once you remove from the fridge let it sit out for about an hour to come to room temperature. It lets the yeast become active and rise a bit.

Roll the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/4-1/2" thick. (Keep in mind that I don't have actual amounts as I just threw this together to try). Spread room temperature butter all over the dough and then coat with a generous amount of brown sugar. On top of this I put the cinnamon and pecans (pushing down into the dough a bit). Starting with the wide side of the rectangle, roll up rather tightly and then pinch seal the edge. Cut roll into 1 - 1 1/2" pieces and place them into a buttered pan (I used 2 round cake pans). Cook in a 375 degree oven for about 30 mins. (I started checking them at 20 mins. to make sure they didn't burn). Once they're out of the oven, let them sit for about 10 mins so they don't fall apart when you take them out of the pan.... but don't let them sit too long because the melted sugar will cause them to stick and you'll have one heck of a time getting them out then! lol

If you want icing, it's easy. Just mix a cup of icing sugar with a tbsp. of milk (might need a few drops more but you want it to be fairly thick) and a tsp. of vanilla. Spread on top and you're done!

IMHO
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Yep! Pardon my lack of official kitchen lingo. lol

If your pizza dough is frozen, leave in your fridge for about 24 hours to thaw. Once you remove from the fridge let it sit out for about an hour to come to room temperature. It lets the yeast become active and rise a bit.

Roll the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/4-1/2" thick. (Keep in mind that I don't have actual amounts as I just threw this together to try). Spread room temperature butter all over the dough and then coat with a generous amount of brown sugar. On top of this I put the cinnamon and pecans (pushing down into the dough a bit). Starting with the wide side of the rectangle, roll up rather tightly and then pinch seal the edge. Cut roll into 1 - 1 1/2" pieces and place them into a buttered pan (I used 2 round cake pans). Cook in a 375 degree oven for about 30 mins. (I started checking them at 20 mins. to make sure they didn't burn). Once they're out of the oven, let them sit for about 10 mins so they don't fall apart when you take them out of the pan.... but don't let them sit too long because the melted sugar will cause them to stick and you'll have one heck of a time getting them out then! lol

If you want icing, it's easy. Just mix a cup of icing sugar with a tbsp. of milk (might need a few drops more but you want it to be fairly thick) and a tsp. of vanilla. Spread on top and you're done!

THANK YOU SO MUCH...I SHALL TRY IT THIS WEEKEND...NOW HOW ABOUT ANOTHER FAV OF MINE...butter tarts...anywhere in town have real ones like gramma used to make?

BrAt
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
hahaha I make those myself too. >.<

ssmarie
01-27-2012, 12:42 AM
If you feel like going for a drive one day head on over to the bakery in Echo Bay. The cinnamon buns and butter tarts are to die for. They have different varieties of bread, squares, and pies. The Pizza is also good! Have fun and it is worth the trip. Take old Hwy. 17. The bakery is on the south side of the Hwy. just as you come into Echo Bay. It is located in what was once a motel.

IMHO
01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
If you feel like going for a drive one day head on over to the bakery in Echo Bay. The cinnamon buns and butter tarts are to die for. They have different varieties of bread, squares, and pies. The Pizza is also good! Have fun and it is worth the trip. Take old Hwy. 17. The bakery is on the south side of the Hwy. just as you come into Echo Bay. It is located in what was once a motel. I used to buy them there...after new owners took over they did not seems as good. ALSO...everytime i drive by they seem to be closed.

ssmarie
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
thanks for the info...didn't know about the new owners...that is too bad cause the goodies from there were awesome. I know they were only open from Thurs to Sun. but that may have changed also.

yoda
02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
I always think that home-made is the best, but reality is that we don't always have the time to bake, especially if you work. I'll be honest, I usually am disappointed when I buy baked goods but, if you want, I have a few good recipe's

Luv to be on the GO
02-04-2012, 01:11 AM
You haven`t had "Butter Tarts" unless youv`e bought
them from Dinelle`s in Echo Bay ...Awesome !!!@

cuteandcuddly
02-08-2012, 07:27 AM
If you are looking for a decent cinnamon bun and dont have time to make them Toni's on Gore St makes a very good one and you wont break the bank either,,,just make sure you bring cash ..I believe they are 1.25 a piece

CANDY_74
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
hahaha I make those myself too. >.<

I make my own butter tarts too...including the pastry....Im so going to have to make these very soon!! Ive been going through my 'nesting' period for a few days now..lol..cleaning and baking up a storm!! :D