PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit litter question

iluvchristian
02-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has anything other then wood shavings in their rabbit cage? The shaving get everywhere and I am so tired of it!! I saw somewhere paper pellets or something and thought maybe that might cut down on the mess, but it is pretty pricey!

hobo
02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
My daughter has two cages (large dog crates) of Guinea Pigs and she/I got tired of the mess not to mention the cost of wood chips. I went and got some large towels a few years ago. The towels are washed daily which is an expense but cheaper then the wood chips.

gouligann
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
What about calling V-Village or Salvation Army to see what they do with their damaged clothes that can't be sold or given away to third world countries? That would make good bedding and if you can get a good-sized bag given to you every month or so, you can just toss away the soiled items.

lnocent
02-18-2012, 12:03 PM
We use wood pellets, (the wood stove kind). Huge bag at Tractor Supply store for cheap. Not messy and absorbs any smells and there isnt wood chips being tracked though the house or stuck to fur :)

Hope
04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
We use BOXO small animal bedding, works great. I just sprinkle baking soda on it to keep the smell down.

Giggle Squirt
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
would wood pellets work for hamsters? I hate the wood chips.