PDA

View Full Version : Are Fighting's Days Over In Junior Hockey?

Jack Butler
02-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Hockey Canada and USA Hockey are mulling rule changes to end fighting in non-professional leagues as early as next season, The New York Times reports.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3486654

Barry Morris
02-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Good.

Jack Butler
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
You watch junior hockey?

riggs
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I enjoy a good tilt. I'll miss it if it's removed from the game. Head shots and hitting from behind create more problems than fighting.

Jack Butler
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
How does a player come out of junior and be ready for pro hockey?
There are going to be some ugly moments when first year players fight in the NHL.
Hockey is a funny sport...the rule changes that have occured in the last 10 or so years have effected the game is ways they didn't consider.
I will put it with the rest of the changes that effected the game, IMO, negatively.
Now players will get even with cheap shots....what will that help!!!!!!

riggs
03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I was thinking the same thing Jack (making the adjustment) but realized currently there are very few fights and it's generally by a select few in the pro's. I agree, it's part of the game we've grown to love but the game will go on with or without it. I don't understand the need to clean up hockey's image unless of course it's believed it will generate more revenue.

People like us will always watch hockey regardless of the "adjustments". We may not enjoy it as much, but we will always be there to play or watch.

_daynzy
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Fighting or no fighting, I'll still be watching. I don't agree with banning body checking like they're doing tho!