PDA

View Full Version : Potato bacon soup?

uptowngurl
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Anyone have a recipe for it? Like the one you can get from Timmy's and Subway. I've searched online but no luck at finding anything similar.

Evil Monkey
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Chunky-Potato-and-Bacon-Soup-L361.html

Verotik
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
mmm, yum this one is from marie callanders restaurant, used to eat there 3 times a week when i was at school

8 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
2 cups peeled and chopped onions
4 cups chopped celery
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups half-and-half
6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , garnish (optional)

Directions:

Place potatoes, onions, celery and salt in water to cover in a large pot.
Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
Puree just until chunky in blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade.
Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese.
Stirring, simmer until piping hot. (Do not boil.).
Presentation:
Garnish with parsley if desired. Good served with cornbread.

nightingale
03-04-2012, 04:27 AM
where's the bacon??

uptowngurl
03-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I checked out both recipes and then just kinda through one together with stuff from both.Turned out awesome,thanks guys :-)

goodasgold
03-10-2012, 07:57 AM
I've tried two different recipes for this type of soup. Both have been alright. One being creamy and the other more soupy?? I tried the recipe in the link and we all really enjoyed it. Definitely the favourite of the three and will keep using it. Yummmm

A*lil*Loopy
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Try frying breakfast sausage, cutting it up and using it place of bacon...........trust me, it is sooo good. Potato and Sausage soup is a regular comfort food in our house for winter. Would've shared our recipe, but we don't actually have anything written down.

lynys
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I wing it too when I make potato bacon soup. Love, love, love it!

heintzman
03-16-2012, 02:37 AM
with the recipe given, i would put bacon in the pan first,, chopped,,, brown it a bit,, then add your onion, celery and carrot,,, maybe 1 clove of garlic,,, cook for a bit,, take it out and add some stock,,, chicken would be my choice,,,add your chopped potatoes,, put a lid on it and cook until potatoes are done,,, add back the celery onion bacon,, cook a bit,,, the puree ,,, then add cream.......you can follow any cream soup recipe ,, you just have to change the ingredients!