PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed for dogs who like to runaway

MissMuffett
03-03-2012, 07:11 PM
My two portuguese waterdog pups are 8 months old, very cute lovable dogs. However my defiant dog Brian, likes to run across the street to visit out neighbors dogs, which makes it a game for the my other dog. It's rather annoying having to head across everyday to retrieve them. Any ideas to help solve this problem. In the spring we will b installing an underground wireless fence, hopefully to keep them in the yard. But until than Im very scared they r going to b hit by a car...sometimes I just take them outside to go pee, and they turn around and boot it across the street.. Ughhhh.. HELP!!

nightingale
03-04-2012, 04:34 AM
If you don't have a fenced in yard, then you must keep them tied up, or on a leash at all times, or you are right, they will get hit by a car.

Super Gram
03-04-2012, 06:37 AM
I agree with nightingale. Our dog was always tied out to do his jobs.

TNT
03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Def tie em. I'd still be careful with the underground fence, as strongwilled or stubborn dogs will often ignore the correction givin' by the fence. Mine did. lol

Boreal Jwff
03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Why do you not train them to stay in the yard.

MissMuffett
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
If.i knew how I would. Lol.

gouligann
03-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Tying them up doesn't train them but until you get these dogs under control I agree with the others.

Teaching your dogs to come on command should be taught ASAP. Sign up for some obedience classes and the teacher will probably help you with the yard issues also.