PDA

View Full Version : This is Really Neat

Super Gram
03-29-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.soonet.ca/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Rolarskates/DoggyPrayer.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Rolarskates/DoggyPrayer.jpg

kitca
03-29-2012, 10:25 PM
i agree so much!!!! thats very touching. tearing right up... ...

gouligann
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Oh thanks! now I have tears in my coffee. That is such a wonderful message SG. How many times do we hear dog owners say the same thing? " I will never have a pet again"

kitca
03-30-2012, 12:28 PM
i have a friend whose daughter is doing this right now. they are a young couple with their first cat. the cat was a rescue and theyve had him a few years. the just had to put him to sleep due to liver failure - the vet thinks its damage from the first few years of his life before they rescued him. anyway, this is what she is saying, never again...it wouldnt be fair to the memory...i would feel guilty... i know she is very sad and its hard on her, but i hope she comes around. i copied the picture and emailed it to my friend to show her daughter. ha, if she is crying now can you imagine after reading that - forget tears, im thinking huge honkin sobs. thanks for posting it supergram.

A*lil*Loopy
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
That is enough to make me tear up. However, I'm one of those silly fools who says shortly after we've said good bye to one of our babies...."well, we have room to save another."
My very patient husband has put his allergy ridden foot down and stopped me at our 7 dogs. After we lost Harry, we immediately started discussing adopting someone else who needed a home. We ended up with two instead of one more, but they needed to be together. I would feel terrible if I didn't help another dog or cat or horse.

I will never understand how someone can say they won't do it again. Why would they not allow themselves to feel that love and appreciation and share it.

Super Gram
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
When I lost my little dog I was so very sad. Since Émy hubby and I are up in years we decided that was our last dog.

We lost him in Aug. and every day I would go to the HS to look at their cats. When I asked my husband he said `no more pets`. I kept looking anyway. I got my Gdaughter in on it. But she thought Poppa would be mad and he said he would. Then in Nov. along came one I could not resist. She was a stray someone had lost. I got my Gdaughter to go take a look. A s she knows cats better than anyone.This cat would have to fit into a quiet home.........we got our Maggie 2 years ago last Nov. We really love her. She won`t sit on my lap but she will on hubby`s......how about that

AmdWolfman
04-08-2012, 10:42 AM
When I lost my little dog I was so very sad. Since Émy hubby and I are up in years we decided that was our last dog.

We lost him in Aug. and every day I would go to the HS to look at their cats. When I asked my husband he said `no more pets`. I kept looking anyway. I got my Gdaughter in on it. But she thought Poppa would be mad and he said he would. Then in Nov. along came one I could not resist. She was a stray someone had lost. I got my Gdaughter to go take a look. A s she knows cats better than anyone.This cat would have to fit into a quiet home.........we got our Maggie 2 years ago last Nov. We really love her. She won`t sit on my lap but she will on hubby`s......how about that

They have instincts,not like some humans do.

gouligann
04-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Years ago, when our beloved family dog died, my brother was in mourning. They were inseparable.

Within a couple of weeks, my mother and I went to the HS to find a replacement and brought home a tiny black poodle mix puppy. My brother wanted nothing to do with her the first day. The following evening, my brother was laying on the couch and the puppy wanted up to see him, but he ignored her whines and cries. This tiny puppy was insistant, dug her little claws into the blanket and climbed her way up to cuddle with him. That was it! She was "his" dog for the whole 14 years she lived.

IMO, the BEST medicine when you are mourning the loss of a pet, is to find another one to love.