PDA

View Full Version : Hockey on NBC

timmt
04-14-2012, 06:40 PM
These announcers are horrible. After listening to them for two minutes i wanted to poke my eardrums out with a fork.Thank god for CBC. Is there a more iratating analyst than Mike Milbury?

Barry Morris
04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Canadian players in a Canadian game. Do they need Canadian announcers too?? :) :) :)

Super Gram
04-15-2012, 02:44 AM
These announcers are horrible. After listening to them for two minutes i wanted to poke my eardrums out with a fork.Thank god for CBC. Is there a more iratating analyst than Mike Milbury?

Mike Millbury is a has been with a sharp tongue to boot.:thumbs_down:

RWGR
04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Mike Milbury is also part of HNIC.

NBC has improved, while CBC has not. Never thought I'd see the day where a lot of people would say HNIC is becoming a poor product, but I hear it a lot now.

Kelly Hrudey? Really??

RWGR
04-15-2012, 08:19 AM
a has been with a sharp tongue to boot.:thumbs_down:

Don Cherry :)

Roll The Bones
04-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Mike Millbury is a has been with a sharp tongue to boot.:thumbs_down:

not to mention an awful drunk...

Jack Butler
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM

NBC has improved, while CBC has not. Never thought I'd see the day where a lot of people would say HNIC is becoming a poor product, but I hear it a lot now.

Kelly Trudey? Really??

Considering that NBC has so far to go, it's easy to appear improved.
Their cameras quality and perspective are poor at best.

HNIC has by far the best production of any one that produces hockey games, by far!
I mean it's not even close.

Coaches Corner and Hot Stove by themselves have a bigger audience than NBC hockey.

You may not like it or agree, but the truth is it's our game and we're doing just fine thanks.

You see the thing is that when you add a Canadian to an American broadcast you have to expect the rating increase.
That's just the way it is!

_daynzy
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Mike Milbury is only good at going into the stands and beating a fan anyways.

NBC's play by play analyst is great, he's got a great voice and he gets right into it.

I can't stand Jim Hewson and Craig Simpson on CBC in primetime now. They need Harry Neal and Bob Cole back doing it!

riggs
04-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Kelly Hrudey? Really??

Difficult to improve on decades of excellence.

RWGR
04-15-2012, 11:25 AM
You don't have to improve the product, just keep it excellent.

Sadly, they aren't.

riggs
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
You don't have to improve the product, just keep it excellent.

Sadly, they aren't.

I wonder if the CBC has made a corporate change in product development...(ie) HNIC

RWGR
04-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I wonder if the CBC has made a corporate change in product development...(ie) HNIC

Something happened. I started to hear the criticism from my Canadian friends first. When I paid attention to what they were pointing out, it made sense.

And I say this as someone that has always held up HNIC as the broadcast standard all should aim for, not just in hockey, but all sports.

Oscar_Leroy
04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
HNIC is by far the best, in my opinion. Ron Maclean is one of the best sports personalities out there. Don Cherry, love him or hate him, knows how to get ratings. Glenn Healy is and always has been one of my favorite analysts as well. TSN is a very close second because of guys like Ferraro, Duthie, Ward, Mackenzie, Dreger etc.

Doesn't NBC feature Pierre McGuire now? As far as I see it, any broadcaster that has that guy on air is not improving their product. Man is he annoying.

Bill Nash
04-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I find Bob MacKenzie annoying. The guy sucked when he wrote for the Sault Star. He is the classic "Peter Principle" icon.

SSMP
04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Doesn't NBC feature Pierre McGuire now? As far as I see it, any broadcaster that has that guy on air is not improving their product. Man is he annoying.
I miss saying " Shut up, McGuire."

Super Gram
04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I wondered where Pierre went. Now I can hear tsn calling the play by play..........pierre never shut up