PDA

View Full Version : VERY creepy kids book!!!

everywoman
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Okay, this is just bizarre to say the least....

http://dormitem.com/blog/193

08-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I wish my dad hugged me as a child.... now i just burn ants and torture small woodland creatures.

Chaotic Chick
08-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow... that is creepy alright!

Barney Rubble
08-16-2007, 10:39 PM
dont you just love freedom of speech???

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Larimar
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
At a Sunday school they once handed out to us children a story book about a boy being touched and confused.
I think books like that can have merit-showing children to get help, how they may feel if this happens, and that they shouldn't be in that situation-to tell an adult in a respectful authority.
However, this book looks to be taking thing s atad too extreme, and I can't say if it's necessary or not since I don't know where the books being used or for what age group-It could be an adult book for people who are trying to show Gay people are really psychologically confused and need help-and not a kids book at all but just a political or religious agenda. -That being said, I think it's POSSIBLE to go thru rape and hurt as a child and have psychological problems, but I do not believe in the message this book sends out-The gay population is not ill or confused. They probbaly are the least confused out of us all lol.
I think some books like this are necessary and good-but WOW does this one go WAY toooooo far and have its own hidden BIASED agenda.

Barney Rubble
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
and i think its good to be naive & innocent about this whole thing as a kid.

Larimar
08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
It's great to be innocent lol. Unles sthe kid is actually touched or hurt. But The books i've seen on the matter aren't so graphic !! lol. No cartoons of uncles in bed with the kids! and not so wordy..just basic info I've seen..so this book goes toooo far

Chaotic Chick
08-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes, kids need to know about these things, but it IS very graphic. My kids know about those things but NO WAY would I ever let them read that.

Barney Rubble
08-17-2007, 12:08 AM
so a kid reads the book of, say, uncle in bed with him/her & might automatically have it now in his/her head that uncle is a bad person even though nothing has happened.
it might also lead the kid into telling accusations of wrong doings because they read it in a book yet believe it to be real life.
meanwhile uncle is ruined for life & labeled as a ped even though he has done nothing.

just an example of the harm of these books might cause.

Larimar
08-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I think the book is pretty clear that it says touching private parts.
The thing is, yes kids SHOULD be educated on what's not appropriate behaviour for an adult-but yes this book goes into too much details.

Barney Rubble
08-17-2007, 12:13 AM
thats what i'm talking about.
they read it in a book & might associate it with real life.

Larimar
08-17-2007, 12:15 AM
That book, yah. I don't think it's a childrens book though. I would highly doubt it. I have a feeling-and this is just a personal GUESS lol, that it's a religious psychologist book from those ppl who say they can turn gays straight. It's probably for an adult to read really.

just my guess tho.

Chako
08-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Who published this book? It most definitely has an agenda. Certainly not by any school board, that is for certain.

Reading between the lines, my thoughts...probably some religious or other special interest group.

EDIT: Did some sleuthing and came up with this (I had to dig deep). Questions answered...

http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2007/08/this-is-what-religious-right-calls.html

Larimar
08-17-2007, 12:20 AM
crazy

Barney Rubble
08-17-2007, 12:28 AM
i think i could write a book.
it'll be about how uncle cowboy rides off to the west sunset to start a new life as a rodeo clown.
he stays out late every night & loves the animals because, "mommy, i saw uncle with a cougar"!

Sophie's_Mommy
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
wow

Barney Rubble
08-17-2007, 12:35 AM
sorta an autobiography!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Babzz
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
That is just tooo wierd..

Floyd
08-17-2007, 03:59 AM
I didn't read the link but I can tell by the postings that we're talking about people that think that kids should "KNOW EVERYTHING"....Like at school, when they have the program where they "teach" the kids the proper names of the private parts.....

The agenda there, is, that kids will know what to say when they are sexually abused......what parts to address...so to speak!

Mostly though, it teaches a lot of little boys to over-use the words that begin with p and v..........and they think it's hilarious!
Who the hell are these idiots anyway? Oh yes,....I forgot ...they are people that are pretty damn sure that every kids' parents are doing a rotten job so they have to come to the rescue!!!

MaO3
08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
I have seen books on sexual abuse and none of them ever went into the area of homosexuality. That book is way off base and too detailed in my opinion.

However, Floyd, Kids should know the proper names for body parts right from the start. My kids never thought the words PEN-IS & VAGIN-A were funny they were body parts period.

How sad it is that I can use those words with my children but can't post them in a reasonably intellegent converstaion on this board.

adigirl
08-17-2007, 08:25 AM
My son knows body parts. He likes to tell people what they have. Gotta love 4 year olds lol

That book is probably from the same time as the video someone posted here last week "Boys Beware".

Chako
08-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Er no it isn't. Please read the link I posted. It gives you all you need to know about the reason for the book. The book was published in 1993.

In fact, you could do some research on the author as well. I dug a little and didn't like what I found.

adigirl
08-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Just tell me about him.

I missed the 1993 part.

Chako
08-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Take a look at the book section. This was one of the places my quick and dirty research led me.

Why do I feel dirty even posting this feces?

http://www.gaytostraight.org/resources.htm

Alfie's Home can be yours for only 5 bucks!

This is a true case of how sick the extreme religious nuts are.

The Piper
08-17-2007, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think i could write a book.
it'll be about how uncle cowboy rides off to the west sunset to start a new life as a rodeo clown.
he stays out late every night & loves the animals because, "mommy, i saw uncle with a cougar"! </div></div>

Autobiography huh... Ummm, errrr I mean Barney, you're 47 You with a Cougar??? That would make her in the 50's??? Bad news for you man.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Barney Rubble
08-17-2007, 10:36 PM
& its like puttin hubcaps on a tractor too!!

crazymamma
08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
unreal....hope it flops!

§ienna
08-18-2007, 11:43 AM
The author has included far too many subjects into one book, they should have focused on one subject, there's too many perplexing subject matters implied, and in my opinion can lead to the power of suggestion. If it's about sexual abuse, then that's what should be focused on, if it's about lack of parental attention, then it should be focused on that, etc. THEN perhaps the book MIGHT be educational, in the right setting and for the right reasons.

Chako
08-18-2007, 04:59 PM
This book is not educational, in any setting. It was published by a political group who thinks that gays and lesbians can be converted back to the good side. This is a bunch of cracker pots that have very little scientific background. It is a select bunch of extreme religious nutbars who have formed a special interest group. They flew into a frothing rage when another children’s book was published that had two lesbians adopting a child. This book was their backlash response. The book has been around since 1993. It used to be available online, but most places came to their senses and threw it in the garbage bin where it belongs. Now, only the groups who made it or have like ideology will sell you a copy. It is nothing more then irresponsible propaganda. To answer the question, no it was not terribly successful.

dancingqueen
08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
It's sad that kids where actually exposed to this nonsence....
I hope it was never introduced into the schools... trying to pass made up guesswork as actuall fact...
Thanks for posting your findings Chako