PDA

View Full Version : I hope this costs the NDP lots of votes

Huggy85
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Insurance Bureau of Canada warns Sault drivers about Bill 45

http://www.saultthisweek.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3567718

We have read the NDP defence of Bill 45, including a statement that the bill was "designed specifically that Northern Ontarians are not impacted". In truth, Bill 45 will result in lower premiums for Mr. Singh's constituents at the expense of all others. Our independent expert evidence proving that this course of action will hurt northern and rural Ontarians has been completely ignored.

Bill 45 is so flawed that people convicted of drunk driving and people driving expensive luxury vehicles will pay less for insurance while good drivers in northern Ontario will have to pay more. Bill 45 is patently unfair.

Dear northern NDP members. Vote against this. Signed, David

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=43349

In an effort to reduce rates for Toronto drivers, Bill 45 would remove geographical location as a factor in determining auto insurance rates, which would result in certain increases in other parts of Ontario - particularly in the North but also in rural areas.

In addition to increasing auto insurance rates in Northern Ontario, Bill 45 has a number of other very serious consequences.

For example, the legislation limits the definition of “driving safety record” to actual accidents, which would mean that if a driver were caught drunk driving or street racing but did not get into an accident, their premium would not be affected.

Mother’s Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) publicly opposes Bill 45:

“[The NDP] bill will force responsible drivers to subsidize the insurance premiums of dangerous drivers. …In our view, the bill sends all the wrong messages, punishes responsible drivers, rewards dangerous drivers, and will increase the risk to Ontario road-users.” - Andrew W. Murie, CEO, MADD Canada

Further, Bill 45 does not take into account the make, model and year of the car so drivers with less expensive vehicles will end up covering the premiums of those with luxury vehicles and sports cars.

Experts who have commented on Bill 45 agree that it is poor public policy:

"The cost of implementing a new, unproven rating system will increase the premiums of all drivers." - J.S. Cheng Partners, Expert Report, April 12, 2012

“The rates for people in other parts of the province [outside of Toronto] would rise dramatically.” - Philip Howell, CEO, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Testimony to the provincial Standing Committee on General Government, May 28, 2012

“[The NDP bill] would have a negative impact on premiums outside of the GTA.” - Bryan Yetman, Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario, Testimony to Committee on General Government, May 30, 2012

Bill Nash
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM
***yawn***

ssmarie
06-07-2012, 01:52 AM
You won't be yawning when your insurance rate increases

Macs II
06-07-2012, 02:01 AM
This town is full of NDP commies

BFLPE
06-07-2012, 03:16 AM
Some ridiculous stuff in that bill but if it passes it will be kind of hard to lay the blame on the NDP with their 17 seats. Besides, anyone who supports the NDP should be perfectly happy with this kind of 'fairness'.

Huggy85
06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Good riddance to a bad idea

Liberals Defeat NDP Auto Insurance Bill

http://www.local2.ca/ssm/viewarticle.php?id=6187

Bill Nash
06-08-2012, 12:29 AM
You won't be yawning when your insurance rate increases

Rates will go up regardless of what bill is passed.

Barry Morris
06-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Soundbear's threatening me.

It's against the rules to bash the moderation, especially with a lie, and especially in a signature. These are simple rules.

I'm sorry you have a problem with them.

KDawg
06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
It's against the rules to bash the moderation, especially with a lie, and especially in a signature. These are simple rules.

I'm sorry you have a problem with them.
Blunt is banned again? SB, did you get him banned again with your itchy infraction finger?

Barry Morris
06-26-2012, 11:08 AM
PM to you KDawg

BFLPE
06-27-2012, 04:37 AM
It's against the rules to bash the moderation, especially with a lie, and especially in a signature. These are simple rules.Would sure be nice if someone would show me where to find these rules as I'm too much of an idiot to locate them myself.