PDA

View Full Version : Any good vets in town?

somethingunusual
06-28-2012, 07:26 AM
I know most people will say to go across the river, but we would really like to stay close to home.
Our 12 year old Rotweiller mix has taken a quick turn for the worse and will no longer even try to get up. He seems to have lost sensation in his rear end will just fall down if we manage to coax him up.
We would like to take him in to the kindest vet in town in case this is his final day, and would like any recommendations. Thanks.

IMHO
06-28-2012, 07:42 AM
I have alwys used the american vet but I just want to say I know how you are feeling. As dog owners we all know the day will come when our beloved, faithful pets will have to be put down. Having had dogs for over 40 years one would think it would get easier. It does not and each time the sadness prevails for a long time. What has helped me through all of this is getting another dog soon. My heart goes out to you guys as you move through this most difficult time.

NikandSuz
06-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I love Palmer on Third Line. Truly an animal loving person. Also had to have one dog put down at the Animal Clinic on Trunk-I think Gunam in an emergency. Not Northland as they were horrible and we were there patients for years and when our dog started seizing at 6 am they told me they could maybe see her around 3!!!! But everyone has different experiences.
They let me hold my girl outside on the grass in my lap while she left this world after they tried to save her-very kind people also.
Prayers to you as losing a fur baby is like losing a part of your family.
Oh and I so agree with IMHO-getting another really helps with the healing

Super Gram
06-28-2012, 09:24 AM
We go to Palmers too. We used to go to Northland for many years. They have been nothing but kind to us. But hubby likes Palmers cause it's closer to us.

somethingunusual
06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks for your replies and kind words. We have an appointment at the Animal Clinic on Trunk Rd this afternoon.
I have a feeling we'll be coming home without him :-(

NikandSuz
06-28-2012, 01:49 PM
You are in caring hands. So sorry for all you are going through.

Craig Huckerby
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your replies and kind words. We have an appointment at the Animal Clinic on Trunk Rd this afternoon.

Hoping for the best.

Lance1
06-28-2012, 04:38 PM

I just put my dog down of 15years at the Animal Clinic, they where very nice people.

Legion
06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
omg im so sorry for your loss Lance1. take heart that you know he had a wonderful, happy life with you.

Hope
06-28-2012, 07:29 PM
So sorry to hear, it's hard as anything but they know they we're well loved.

everywoman
07-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry to both posters who are losing/lost their furry babies....

somethingunusual
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
We've had a positive turn of events. We carried the dog into the clinic on a stretcher so he could be examined and have blood taken. He has liver problems, congestive heart failure, an infection somewhere (not sure where...diagnosed by high white blood cell count) and arthritis. But that stubborn dog perked right up and had that puppy look on his face so there was no way we could put him down without giving him another chance to fight. We used a towel under his belly to help support his back end and encouraged him to walk. He's been on antibiotics and arthritis medication. The vet suggested that if he can't get up and walk on his own by Tuesday when they're open again it's time to put him to sleep. I think he must have understood because the very next morning he started walking on his own again! I think that arthritis medicine must be a miracle and we're happy to hang on to him as long as his liver and heart will hold out. Thank you all for your kind words, and my heart goes out to those of you who have suffered losses.

everywoman
07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh my gosh that's wonderful news!

Craig Huckerby
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
wonderful news! so happy for you

Lizzard_n_Bubba_13
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
That is what I like to hear......that is wonderful news!!! So very happy for all of you