PDA

View Full Version : Truth Wins Out

RWGR
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
U.S. women's soccer coach Pia Sundhage agrees with the referee's decision that led to a controversial free kick, and eventually, a game-tying goal late in the Americans' semifinal victory against Canada.

Canadian players said immediately after Monday's 4-3 loss that they felt robbed and cheated by the call. But the Associated Press reported that soccer governing body FIFA is considering disciplinary action over the players' and coach's comments.

On Tuesday, Sundhage said it was Canadian goaltender Erin McLeod who "broke the rule."

Sundhage says coach John Herdman's strategy was to hold onto Canada's 3-2 lead late in the second half, and that meant delaying the game.

"Their plan was to slow down the game," Sundhage said Tuesday at the team's hotel, minutes before departing for London for the Olympic gold-medal game against Japan. "If I put myself in (Herdman's) shoes it's about game management. You slow down the game and you feel like you have a chance against the States. That was not the first time. From what I heard, she got a warning.

"She broke the rule."

U.S. striker Alex Morgan, who scored the game-winner, felt some sympathy for the Canadians, but said McLeod had been warned against delaying the game.

"You don't see that call very often, obviously," she says. "The keeper had a warning and then she got called on it the second time. I think that it was the right decision. Canadians are going to be frustrated and at that point, if I was in their position, I would be frustrated as well and not really want to sugarcoat my interviews.

"But it was blatant. It was obvious. It was at least 10 times that she was over six seconds and we're not talking about seven seconds or eight. It was 10 seconds, 15 seconds, and we were calling it out loud. The referee was aware of all that so it wasn't something that she decided to call randomly."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56846378?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Olympic%20Sport s|s

Roll The Bones
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
if calling the game for the ref is the american way, then congratulations, you've obviously excelled at it...

RWGR
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
if calling the game for the ref is the american way, then congratulations, you've obviously excelled at it...

Translation: "Damn, I had NO idea that rule existed! Our women really were breaking the rules!!"

Roll The Bones
08-08-2012, 11:24 PM
~ yawn

RWGR
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I win :)

Roll The Bones
08-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I win :)

you win?? an argument with yourself??

they said you were good but i never believed it... until now of course...

RWGR
08-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Still hurts???

Roll The Bones
08-09-2012, 12:06 AM
not nearly as much as getting crushed by china must hurt for y'all..

RWGR
08-09-2012, 12:21 AM
not nearly as much as getting crushed by china must hurt for y'all..

We are right there with a country with a billion more people than we have..

...you...you, well, you're hoping to beat Eritrea :)

Roll The Bones
08-09-2012, 12:38 AM
We are right there with a country with a billion more people than we have..

a billion more or not... ya gotta admit - getting beat by communists has to stick in yer craw right about now...

RWGR
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
a billion more or not... ya gotta admit - getting beat by communists has to stick in yer craw right about now...

Meanwhile, Canada strives to get two Golds, and tie Ethiopia in the standings

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Anna Noyance
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
What an arrogant, antagonistic, gloating pompous a$$ you are!

riggs
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
What an arrogant, antagonistic, gloating pompous a$$ you are!

Would you be surprised if I told you those were his good points??...................:omg:

Anna Noyance
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Would you be surprised if I told you those were his good points??...................:omg:

Would you be surprised if I told you I was being nice???

That's it, enough said!

Roll The Bones
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Meanwhile, Canada strives to get two Golds, and tie Ethiopia in the standings

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

let's see... 2 gold medals? or getting crushed by one of the last bastions of communism that america could never defeat?

RWGR
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
let's see... 2 gold medals? or getting crushed by one of the last bastions of communism that america could never defeat?

1. USA: 45/103
2. China: 38/87
35. Canada: 1/18

WE WIN

We ALWAYS win :)

_daynzy
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
.... and if ya didn't win.. could always just invade them afterwards.

Upper Decker
08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
That wouldnt happen. The US doesnt invade unless they are almost incapable of defending themselves and an economic reason to do so .