PDA

View Full Version : Pulsar Dog Food?

A*lil*Loopy
08-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Has anyone on here tried Pulsar Dog Food? It's grain free and we were going to give it a try because my current food is just getting too expensive and thought this may be worth a try.
We've used Canidae, Before Grain, and we're on Taste of the Wild currently and even though I'm not cheap, it still sucks paying so much. With 7 dogs eating a large bag each week we are hoping for good results/feedback on this Canadian company.
The ratings are excellent and the ingredient list looks quite acceptable, but I'd like to know from real people if they love it or hate it.

TPK
08-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Have you though about doing your own raw? We're thinking of doing it with the new dog coming soon. Sorry can't help with Pulsar never tried it.

Babzz
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
I use a brand called "Pet food for the Cat lovers Soul" My cat loves it and its high quality. First ingredient is protien. They have a Dog Food one too. Its more affordable than the other good quality brands. I bought mine at the pet food store in the Cambrain Mall

Punkydo
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
We give our dog Chicken Soup for the Dog lovers Soul and she loves it!! Her coat is shiner and teeth are whiter. We used to buy it across the river at the new pet store that opened up but we found out that the place in Church Hill plaza sells it to so it saves us a trip and waiting in line to go across.

A*lil*Loopy
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I have thought about doing raw, but my schedule just doesn't allow for it. We don't even have enough time to cook for ourselves let alone cut meat for the critters. Would love to, but....it's a time thing.
I never shop across the river, so keeping my food Canadian is the best option for me which is part of the reason I wanted to try this food.
We did try it and the dogs love it and no negative reactions as of yet. We are switching over to the Pulsar as it seems to meet our needs right now. My other dog food was costing $71/week and this is running us around $50. As long as we aren't giving up any nutrition and they love it, this looks like it will work.

Krysta
08-31-2012, 12:25 AM
I bought this for my dog and she hated it. She actually would rather not eat at all then touch this :(.

A*lil*Loopy
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Really? All 7 of mine love it and the switch was so easy, no puking or runs. I like that the kibbles are small so my special needs pug can eat it without any troubles.
I guess not all dogs will like what we choose to give them.....after all, they are fur children, lol.