PDA

View Full Version : Hope You're Not Excited for NHL Hockey in October

RWGR
08-18-2012, 12:50 PM
“I’m afraid it looks like two months. Everybody’s talking that they’re going to be out two months.” It’s a lockout, it’s a shame. Everybody’s making money but everybody wants more money, and wouldn’t you? And that’s the way it works. It’s too bad.

“It’s hard to believe we’re going to miss hockey for two months.”

-Don Cherry of Hockey Night In Canada, via Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun.

_daynzy
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Our one Canadian military tank is working on it..

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427314_10151019056873445_241321225_n.jpg

riggs
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
“I’m afraid it looks like two months. Everybody’s talking that they’re going to be out two months.” It’s a lockout, it’s a shame. Everybody’s making money but everybody wants more money, and wouldn’t you? And that’s the way it works. It’s too bad.

“It’s hard to believe we’re going to miss hockey for two months.”

-Don Cherry of Hockey Night In Canada, via Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun.

Don't always agree with Grapes but I believe he's nailed it on this one.....GREED

rmkryan
08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
It's pathetic.... but who is to blame?

riggs
08-19-2012, 11:58 AM
It's pathetic.... but who is to blame?

Of course each side is blaming the other for the potential labor dispute. NHL revenues have increased from 2.2 billion to 3.4 since the last contract and the owners want the players to give up huge concessions and contracts that they agreed to. It appears to be a battle of millionaires vs multi-millionaires.

RWGR
08-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Of course each side is blaming the other for the potential labor dispute. NHL revenues have increased from 2.2 billion to 3.4 since the last contract and the owners want the players to give up huge concessions and contracts that they agreed to. It appears to be a battle of millionaires vs multi-millionaires.

And the losers are ...us, the non-millionaires.

What sucks is that people will flock back to the NHL whenever they start to play again, be it December, February, or October of 2013. If we quit going back, they wouldn't go on strike.

riggs
08-19-2012, 01:42 PM
And the losers are ...us, the non-millionaires.

What sucks is that people will flock back to the NHL whenever they start to play again, be it December, February, or October of 2013. If we quit going back, they wouldn't go on strike.

I wish I could say that I would boycott future games in the event of a strike. But, probably like you, the love of the sport will brings us back despite the greed.