PDA

View Full Version : dry inks

kitca
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
i just bought 4 new inks for my printer a short while ago. i did some printing but not alot. then i lost my power cord for a month. now, i finially found it and went to print off a bunch of stuff and my inks are dead! how can this be when i just replaced them all at the same time? one is still full, 2 completely empty and the other almost empty. is this normal? im not happy, it cost well over $100. to get all those inks. do they dry right up or can they be reactivated?

8th
09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
inks are the biggest scam out there---- You can buy a new printer cheaper than replacing ink cartridges on most printer models

Upper Decker
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
It sucks, the ones you have are prob no good. Good news is depending on the cartridges, you may be able to get them refilled for a fraction of the price of a new cartridge. Is that place still in the mall? Ive used their services a bunch of times, 7$ is a lot better than 60 lol.

axalon2003
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
If there's still ink in the cartridges, you may be able to get them running again by wrapping them in a wet paper towel, and putting it in a ziplock bag. That might clean up the heads enough to get the ink flowing again.

Asparas
09-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Thats why I buy laser printers because the toner cartridge lasts forever if you don't print much... downside is they cost a small fortune to replace especially if you have to buy the colour ones too.

kitca
09-22-2012, 10:58 AM
thanks. it does suck! how much more are laser inks ? i tried refilling my inks once and when i put them back into the printer they were rejected and the printer wouldnt work. lucky i had the extended warrenty and got a new printer.

PrairieDog43
09-24-2012, 12:36 AM
My laser printer is the colour model, Samsung CLP-320, and the 3 toners are $50.00 each and the black is $55.00 when I order them from Canada Computers. They don't sell that printer anymore, but they do stock the toners. They had the printers for $93.00 but they sold out. When I bought that printer, it came with all the toners, and I'd estimate with the supplied toners, I printed 500 pages, and I still have toners, except the yellow one which is almost done.

All of any printers, including laser, the ink or toners is expensive. The ink printers is a real ripoff for the price for ink. But the nice thing about toners, they don't dry out.

Asparas
09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Retail you're certainly looking at like 70-90 per cartridge of toner (so times that by 4 if you get a colour laser) but I just picked up 5 cartridges (2 blacks) for 150 bucks online. I wouldn't ever buy toner in stores, it's way too expensive.

PrairieDog43
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Can you tell me where you bought the toners? You can put it in a PM if you want. I need toners very shortly!