PDA

View Full Version : Grandparents

Anna Noyance
09-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Am I the only grandparent who wonders how we raised our children without going crazy? We must forget! Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly and they are good little kids, but they are exhausting!

Super Gram
09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Am I the only grandparent who wonders how we raised our children without going crazy? We must forget! Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly and they are good little kids, but they are exhausting!

The reason they are exhausting Anna is we are so much older now When we were raising our kids we were a lot younger then

Anna Noyance
09-16-2012, 10:37 AM
The reason they are exhausting Anna is we are so much older now When we were raising our kids we were a lot younger then

That may be part of it but I don't feel OLD. I don't act old, that is for sure! Part of it is that they are not in their homes with their things. I have five grandchildren out here. Three different families. Between the ages of six years and eight months! They are very well behaved but the noise! I really don't remember my five girls being like that. They were so perfect; just like their mother! NOT! Thank goodness they were not like me!

yoda
09-16-2012, 12:23 PM
It's the children in my life that keep me feeling young, enjoy the craziness while they still need you, too soon they grow up. I bet you didn't have time to feel your aches and pains. LOL!!

Anna Noyance
09-16-2012, 01:16 PM
It's the children in my life that keep me feeling young, enjoy the craziness while they still need you, too soon they grow up. I bet you didn't have time to feel your aches and pains. LOL!!

They do keep me feeling young! The only aches and pains that I have in life, so far, is plantar fasciitis and believe me they do not take away that pain. I wish they would take my mind off that pain. My feet kill me. I do enjoy the craziness. I just don't remember that MUCH craziness!

Barry Morris
09-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Two things will inevitably happen.

They will grow up, and you'll miss these times.

And they will have little ones to drive THEM crazy, which you will enjoy immensely!!! :) :) :)

Super Gram
09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Anna I have 5 grandchildren too. 3 girls and 2 boys.............ages 28-25-25-22-21 and they all have their own lives and I seldom see them.any more:teeth:

Anna Noyance
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Anna I have 5 grandchildren too. 3 girls and 2 boys.............ages 28-25-25-22-21 and they all have their own lives and I seldom see them.any more:teeth:

I have five daughters and eight grandchildren, 11, 9, 6, 6, 4, 2, 2 and eight months. Five boys and three girls. I have not seen 3 of mine for almost three years. The others live here, so I see them often.

Barry Morris
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
There seems to be a connection between having lots of kids and having lots of grandchildren.

I wonder what it is??

Anna Noyance
09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Two things will inevitably happen.

They will grow up, and you'll miss these times.

And they will have little ones to drive THEM crazy, which you will enjoy immensely!!! :) :) :)

That is true! They are already growing up too fast! I miss my own children being little kids! It goes too fast! I find that when the five little ones, who live here, are all at gramma's house at the same time, it is overload. Then they leave and I am lonely for them.