PDA

View Full Version : Highschool Sports

Reckidecky
11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
So what is going to happen to high-school sports in this town? 2 Super schools,The Pines, and Korah. Will be tough for the latter to compete. St Mary's and Superior will dominate all. All the long time rivalries gone, will be quite different sport scene for sure!

Barry Morris
11-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Doesn't all that depend on the numbers of students?? Maybe a super school, with double the amount of kids, would field two teams.

But maybe it won't be necessary. Now, I don't know the numbers involved, but didn't St. Marys, as an all boys school actually have more boys to draw teams from than a co-ed school?? If true, they should do better at almost all sports. But they didn't dominate.

Thoughts??

MagicFingers
11-10-2012, 06:30 PM
So what is going to happen to high-school sports in this town? 2 Super schools,The Pines, and Korah. Will be tough for the latter to compete. St Mary's and Superior will dominate all. All the long time rivalries gone, will be quite different sport scene for sure! Is CAS not part of the schools that participate in the sports.

Harry Bulzonya
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Senior football championship came down to St Marys and St Basils this year wasn't it?

steve
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
probably in the not to distant future superior heights and st marys will be the only 2 high schools

lynys
11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I can't see them being rid of Korah. Too many students come from out of town to attend there. (at least, they did when I went there :P)

Tutones
11-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Korah has almost as many students as SH. Why would they get rid of it?