PDA

View Full Version : Pet Cremation???

cage5516
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey all...I would like to know if anyone has had their pet cremated. And further to the question...if you paid extra and had them done alone did you at any time wonder if that was indeed your pets ashes and not someone elses?

My little fur ball is getting up there and I want to have her cremated when the time comes (I have no place to bury her)...but I keep wondering if I would be looking at her ashes and wondering if it was really her.

How do you know for sure that is your pet, or that your pet was even cremated and not just tossed somewhere??? I'm not sure if I would be able to handle not knowing for sure that was my "daughter", and that she was properly taken care of.

Anyone who has experience with this and can help me with my thoughts I would absolutely love to hear from.

Thank you.

Mimi
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I saw an ad for a Pet Cremation Place near Sudbury and you could be present at the Cremation, so maybe you can see your pet before it gets done? Perhaps the new place in the Sault will offer that service too. I asked the Vets office this question. They said they had to trust the place they were being sent to for the service you have paid for. I trust my Vets, so I have to trust who they send them to.