PDA

View Full Version : The scandals of chief theresa spence and attawapiskat

Roll The Bones
01-10-2013, 07:21 PM
this video will either anger you or... well, it will probably just anger you, regardless of what side of the fence you sit...

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2070949556001

Upper Decker
01-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Its considered racist to ask these questions or bring these issues into light if you are white....

Even sootoday's Carol Martin said that exact thing. Unfortunately comments were deleted from said article.

Bill Nash
01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
That's why we are lucky to have places like www.facebook.com and www.freesoofreeforums.com , ....... but it is the site's administrator's prerogative to set their boundaries. Some other site don't have advertisers to consider when they are worried about offending someone.

Lance1
01-11-2013, 11:42 AM
There always more Indians then chiefs,maybe the people of Attawapiskat should play that ace card and just walk over to the big mansion on the river and ask for there money share.

We can prove the money goes up there but they can,t prove where it goes after that.

dancingqueen
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I am not an expert on the subject, but I did read from some sources that this money they receive also includes health care, education, and road repairs and whatnot, interesting that the audit done on our government goes completely un-questioned by it's people.

opinionated
01-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Any responsible journalist doesn't call Aboriginals or natives "Indians" any more, so there's some credibility gone already. Ezra did a story a while back about the housing crisis also, with the same tone. Before I get trampled on for playing the race card - it's a fairly agreed fact that "Indian" is no longer politically correct. Any responsible "unbiased" journalist should know this and should be using the correct terminology. Maybe a minor detail but still a pretty discrediting one considering the tone Ezra takes on is immediately biased against this whole fiasco.

Obviously there are issues there, yes, they're right in saying that's a lot of money that went there and asking where it went. There is a huge problem to be sorted out there and I don't disagree with that.

I just laugh at this video also though, they start out going on about the Idle No More protests then go on to attack Theresa Spence and Attawapiskat, with no more mention of the protests. I think they are each their own issues that should stay separate and be sorted out on their own. The Idle No More protests are more than just Chief Spence and Attawapiskat.

Back onto Chief Spence though, it's important to keep in mind that she just took office in 2010. This has obviously been an ongoing issue before this. I just wanted to mention that. She does have questions that she should answer but those are underlying with all the current issues going on now.

Bluesky
01-12-2013, 06:50 AM
One obvious issue is that she hired her boyfriend for $850 per day to manage the reserve money. Talk about crony-ism! And now 80% of the funds cannot be accounted for?? Why are the residents of Attawap not making any noise about this??

Upper Decker
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
They are making noise about it, and blaming the gov for it. And if white people ask about that money - its racist. She kicked an auditor out already.

riggs
01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
One obvious issue is that she hired her boyfriend for $850 per day to manage the reserve money. Talk about crony-ism! And now 80% of the funds cannot be accounted for?? Why are the residents of Attawap not making any noise about this??

It's easier to point the blame outside the reserve then it is to place it inside.

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Any responsible journalist doesn't call Aboriginals or natives "Indians" any more, so there's some credibility gone already. Ezra did a story a while back about the housing crisis also, with the same tone. Before I get trampled on for playing the race card - it's a fairly agreed fact that "Indian" is no longer politically correct. Any responsible "unbiased" journalist should know this and should be using the correct terminology. Maybe a minor detail but still a pretty discrediting one considering the tone Ezra takes on is immediately biased against this whole fiasco.

Obviously there are issues there, yes, they're right in saying that's a lot of money that went there and asking where it went. There is a huge problem to be sorted out there and I don't disagree with that.

I just laugh at this video also though, they start out going on about the Idle No More protests then go on to attack Theresa Spence and Attawapiskat, with no more mention of the protests. I think they are each their own issues that should stay separate and be sorted out on their own. The Idle No More protests are more than just Chief Spence and Attawapiskat.

Back onto Chief Spence though, it's important to keep in mind that she just took office in 2010. This has obviously been an ongoing issue before this. I just wanted to mention that. She does have questions that she should answer but those are underlying with all the current issues going on now.

Fox News North. Of course they're a bunch of bigots, that's how they roll.
It's nice to see Ezra Levant has moved on from the evil Muslims to another scary brown people.

dancingqueen
01-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh, I guess education and health care are free? or we just don't like talking about that?

riggs
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I am not an expert on the subject, but I did read from some sources that this money they receive also includes health care, education, and road repairs and whatnot, interesting that the audit done on our government goes completely un-questioned by it's people.

It's hard to see where the money is going or has gone because of the accounting practices, but it's clear to see there's quite a few high paying jobs in Attawapiskat.

hobo
01-12-2013, 02:41 PM
I posted this a year ago
"Imagine two small Ontario towns. One is a reserve that blocks an outside investigation into its $31.2 million annual operating budget. That town, Attawapiskat First Nation, has 1,549 people on the reserve according to the last census.
Now imagine another town, a non-Native one, where recent budget estimates peg its annual operating expenditures at $8.4 million. That’s the township of Atikokan, near Thunder Bay, with 3,293 people.
Careful readers will notice that the larger town, Atikokan, has a much smaller operating budget than does Attawapiskat.
What’s additionally curious is where the money is spent. According to Attawapiskat’s latest budget documents, $11.2 million went to salaries, wages and employee benefits. That equates to $7,249 per reserve resident on just compensation-related expenditures.
In contrast, according to the latest available estimates from Atikokan, that town spends just under $3-million on salaries and benefits, or $904 per person. "
http://www.fraserinstitute.org/research-news/news/display.aspx?id=2147484000
I saw a report by CBC ‘s Adrienne Arsenault after the initial crisis a year ago .
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ynaC8f5ues

Bluesky
01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Fox News North. Of course they're a bunch of bigots, that's how they roll.
It's nice to see Ezra Levant has moved on from the evil Muslims to another scary brown people.

It would be great if you could quit playing the race or skin colour card, and enlighten others on the issues being raised.

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
It would be great if you could quit playing the race or skin colour card, and enlighten others on the issues being raised.

Hard to do with bigots like Ezra Levant.

Hans
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
What needs to be done is throw out the treaties and preferred statuses and start living in today's world, just like everyone else.
It's not "their" land. The land belongs to everybody on an equal basis.

Bluesky
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Hard to do with bigots like Ezra Levant.

Whether he is a bigot or not, if he says 2 plus 2 = 4, the statement is still true.
For instance, check out this video by Levant. Can you refute it?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1741805410001

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Whether he is a bigot or not, if he says 2 plus 2 = 4, the statement is still true.
For instance, check out this video by Levant. Can you refute it?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/1741805410001

Your video made it to Stormfront. You should be proud.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t937624/

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh, and here's some context to FoxNewsNorth's disingenuous commentary, for example,

Sun News states: “Between the government and the money pouring in from the nearby diamond mine, it works out to $250,000 each family for each year. Tax free. That’s like $400,000 for the rest of us.”

Fact: APTN National News has found most of the money from the diamond mine is locked up in a trust to provide for future generations, and the biggest payment was received when the mine opened.

http://aptn.ca/pages/news/2013/01/04/chief-spence-meets-the-spin-cycle/

Make up their own facts.It's how they roll.

riggs
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh, and here's some context to FoxNewsNorth's disingenuous commentary, for example,

Sun News states: “Between the government and the money pouring in from the nearby diamond mine, it works out to $250,000 each family for each year. Tax free. That’s like $400,000 for the rest of us.”

Fact: APTN National News has found most of the money from the diamond mine is locked up in a trust to provide for future generations, and the biggest payment was received when the mine opened.

http://aptn.ca/pages/news/2013/01/04/chief-spence-meets-the-spin-cycle/

Make up their own facts.It's how they roll.

You can't be serious. are you?

You discredit one or more news agencies then believe APTN or Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (news) on a matter regarding/supporting FN people.

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
You can't be serious. are you?

You discredit one or more news agencies then believe APTN or Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (news) on a matter regarding/supporting FN people.

Sun News is right wing political opinion outlet, masked as news. The natives are their latest boogeyman. The flavour of the month.

riggs
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Sun News is right wing political opinion outlet, masked as news. The natives are their latest boogeyman. The flavour of the month.

And APTN would have no need or want to slant their reporting in favour of the FN's people? I guess I find that hard to believe. Either way, we are entitled to believe what we want.

Bluesky
01-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Oh my goodness! You don't get it. I don't give a tinker's toot if the devil himself, a clown or a raving lunatic claims something. I want to look at the facts! Judge the facts man, not the media. THEN, if the facts don't check out, then you have a right to call the medium FoxNews North or Chicken Noodle news or whatever you want.

But first, deal with the question. Why does Spence's boyfriend get $850 per day to take care of the reserve's finances, and according to an audit, we are told that there is no paper trail for 80% of the funds? Don't you get how serious that charge is?

Westender 3
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Oh my goodness! You don't get it. I don't give a tinker's toot if the devil himself, a clown or a raving lunatic claims something. I want to look at the facts! Judge the facts man, not the media. THEN, if the facts don't check out, then you have a right to call the medium FoxNews North or Chicken Noodle news or whatever you want.

But first, deal with the question. Why does Spence's boyfriend get $850 per day to take care of the reserve's finances, and according to an audit, we are told that there is no paper trail for 80% of the funds? Don't you get how serious that charge is?

Small potatoes Blue. When we have a "fiscally conservative" government that just flushed away who knows how many hundreds of millions into a stupid jet program for nothing, pays consultants $90 000 a day, 850 bucks a day seems petty. It sure has the right wing smear machine in high gear though. They do know how to drive a narrative.

Bluesky
01-12-2013, 11:41 PM
$850 is small potatoes?? Not to this tax payer it's not.

And now you are trying to change the topic.

However, we are not going to make headway on this question, so I am outta here.

Westender 3
01-13-2013, 01:23 AM
$850 is small potatoes?? Not to this tax payer it's not.

And now you are trying to change the topic.

However, we are not going to make headway on this question, so I am outta here.

Religious orgs. receive all sorts of tax exemptions. Nobody complains about subsidizing your house of worship, so your selective outrage is duly noted. And you have the nerve to preach about entitlement.

Bluesky
01-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Once again, what is legal and tax deductible is not the issue.
We are talking about being responsible human beings.

yoda
01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
I think accountability is a good thing, but the government should practice what it preaches. If you look at their Public Accounts reports there are many, many transfers that are under $100,000. that are not identified, as well as questionable transfers that don't seem to fit into that departments mandate

Westender 3
01-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Once again, what is legal and tax deductible is not the issue.
We are talking about being responsible human beings.

What wasn't legal about being paid 850 buck a day? Many people get that or more. Sour grapes?

Responsiblity? Mr. Harper's government had 6 years to clean up this mess, yet you excuse him of all responsibility. Much easier for Stephy to have the right wing media demonize a people, and dupes like you to fall for it.

KDawg
01-13-2013, 06:19 PM
What wasn't legal about being paid 850 buck a day? Many people get that or more. Sour grapes?

Responsiblity? Mr. Harper's government had 6 years to clean up this mess, yet you excuse him of all responsibility. Much easier for Stephy to have the right wing media demonize a people, and dupes like you to fall for it.
How about the fact that Spence's boyfriend did a dismal job at best, or was quite possibly corrupt, based on audits?

Attawapiskat received over $100 million over the last six or seven years, their people live in unheated tents and shacks, and you can only come up with weak justifications like that?

What ever happened to accountability at the source?

Hans
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
This is a typical problem when you give out money to a group and leave it to them on how to use it.
It has never worked for any group in the world.

yoda
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
This is a typical problem when you give out money to a group and leave it to them on how to use it.

Perhaps the exact opposite is the problem...told exactly how to use the dollars.

Hans
01-14-2013, 08:17 AM
No oversight and accountibility is a recipe for disaster.

riggs
01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Perhaps the exact opposite is the problem...told exactly how to use the dollars.

If that was the case, their accounting would prove your point.

Roll The Bones
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
now this fella is using his noodle...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/to-solve-native-issues-focus-more-on-the-indians-and-less-on-the-chiefs/article7296268/

"we have spent way too much time and treasure on chiefs and not nearly enough on Indians. Start sending much less money to the chiefs and divert it to individuals to use for their families. Let the chiefs tax it back if they can. Give individuals the resources for mobility, which means both cash and above all, education. Half of status Indians have already voted with their feet and left the reserves for a better life. The reserves can be a fortress, but they can also be a prison. And pay the provinces to deliver the many social programs that they do reasonably well for non-Indians, such as health and welfare. Take the management away from Indian Affairs."

Bluesky
01-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Here's one of their own, making sense. and money.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/14/chief-clarence-louie-took-his-band-from-rags-to-riches

Another source -

Chief Clarence Louie Osoyoos BC speaking in Northern Alberta :

Speaking to a large aboriginal conference and some of the attendees, including a few who hold high office, have straggled in.

'I can't stand people who are late, he says into the microphone. Indian Time doesn't cut it. '
Some giggle, but no one is quite sure how far he is going to go. Just sit back and listen:

'My first rule for success is Show up on time.'
'My No. 2 rule for success is follow Rule No. 1.'
'If your life sucks, it's because you suck.'
'Quit your sniffling.'
'Join the real world. Go to school, or get a job.'
'Get off of welfare. Get off your butt.'

He pauses, seeming to gauge whether he dare, then does.
'People often say to me, How you doin'? Geez I'm working with Indians what do you think?'
Now they are openly laughing ... applauding. Clarence Louie is everything that was advertised and more.

'Our ancestors worked for a living, he says. So should you.'

He is, fortunately, aboriginal himself. If someone else stood up and said these things - the white columnist standing there with his mouth open, for example - you'd be seen as a racist. Instead, Chief Clarence Louie is seen, increasingly, as one of the most interesting and innovative native leaders in the country even though he avoids national politics.

He has come here to Fort McMurray because the aboriginal community needs, desperately, to start talking about economic development and what all this multibillion-dollar oil madness might mean,for good and for bad.

Clarence Louie is chief and CEO of the Osoyoos Band in British Columbia's South Okanagan. He is 44 years old, though he looks like he would have been an infant when he began his remarkable 20-year-run as chief. He took a band that had been declared bankrupt and taken over by Indian Affairs and he has turned in into an inspiration.

In 2000, the band set a goal of becoming self-sufficient in five years. They're there.

The Osoyoos, 432 strong, own, among other things, a vineyard, a winery, a golf course and a tourist resort, and they are partners in the Baldy Mountain ski development. They have more businesses per capita than any other first nation in Canada.

There are not only enough jobs for everyone, there are so many jobs being created that there are now members of 13 other tribal communities working for the Osoyoos. The little band contributes $40-million a year to the area economy.

Chief Louie is tough. He is as proud of the fact that his band fires its own people as well as hires them. He has his mottos posted throughout the Rez. He believes there is no such thing as consensus, that there will always be those who disagree. And, he says, he is milquetoast compared to his own mother when it comes to how today's lazy aboriginal youth, almost exclusively male, should be dealt with.

Rent a plane, she told him, and fly them all to Iraq. Dump'em off and all the ones who make it back are keepers. Right on, Mom.
The message he has brought here to the Chipewyan, Dene and Cree who live around the oil sands is equally direct: 'Get involved, create jobs and meaningful jobs, not just window dressing for the oil companies.'

'The biggest employer,' he says, 'shouldn't be the band office.'

He also says the time has come to get over it. 'No more whining about 100-year-old failed experiments.' 'No foolishly looking to the Queen to protect rights.'

Louie says aboriginals here and along the Mackenzie Valley should not look at any sharing in development as rocking-chair money but as investment opportunity to create sustainable businesses. He wants them to move beyond entry-level jobs to real jobs they earn all the way to the boardrooms. He wants to see business manners develop: showing up on time, working extra hours. The business lunch, he says, should be drive through, and then right back at it.

'You're going to lose your language and culture faster in poverty than you will in economic development', he says to those who say he is ignoring tradition.

Tough talk, at times shocking talk given the audience, but on this day in this community, they took it and, judging by the response, they loved it.

Eighty per cent like what I have to say, Louie says, twenty per cent don't. I always say to the 20 per cent, 'Get over it.' 'Chances are you're never going to see me again and I'm never going to see you again.' 'Get some counselling.'

The first step, he says, is all about leadership. He prides himself on being a stay-home chief who looks after the potholes in his own backyard and wastes no time running around fighting 100-year-old battles.

'The biggest challenge will be how you treat your own people.'

'Blaming government? That time is over.'

http://trustssaints.ca/ChiefClarenceLouie.html

Lance1
01-15-2013, 10:48 AM

Yes 850 a day to run the finances of a small reserve of only 1500 people is crazy thats the size of Echo Bay. The Finance minister of our country may make that (or less) and it has 37 million people.

The mayor of the Sault or his finance head does not make that. 80,000 people.

He is not taking care of made or earned revenue, he just has to redistribute tax money made from somewhere else.

Roll The Bones
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM
What wasn't legal about being paid 850 buck a day? Many people get that or more.

yes, with the exception of the remaining residents of attawapiskat... hard to believe that anyone in that remote community could justify such a hefty public-purse wage while everyone else makes substantially less and lives in third world conditions... in this situation, $850 per day is money not earned and very poorly spent...

Bluesky
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know of any bookkeeper who gets paid that much!

Roll The Bones
01-16-2013, 05:44 PM
now you do...

appears that the people for whom the money was intended were fiercely ripped off... spence, despite her views of the federal government's handling of treaties, needs to be held accountable... no more and no less than we demand accountability for, let's say, mazza and the orng scandal here in ontario

The Voice
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
now you do...

appears that the people for whom the money was intended were fiercely ripped off... spence, despite her views of the federal government's handling of treaties, needs to be held accountable... no more and no less than we demand accountability for, let's say, mazza and the orng scandal here in ontario

Better yet Chretien and Sponsorship or Mulroney and Airbus.

Politicians are crooked period.

Hans
01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Politicians, yes.
Chiefs however are not Politicians.

Nihilistic Heathen
01-17-2013, 01:28 AM
I don't know of any bookkeeper who gets paid that much!

They were paying BDO Dunwoody over $23,000/month prior to hiring him.

Roll The Bones
01-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Politicians, yes.

but they are elected by band members... http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=50665

wikipedia indicates that garden river fn hold biannual elections for chief and band council...

point is, any chief can be turfed during the next election... just like our politicians...

Hans
01-17-2013, 07:07 AM
That would be the same like saying elected union officials are politicians.

gouligann
01-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Off topic from Idle No More, but...

I'd like to know if the natives living on reserves in this area would sit by and let a chief like good ol' Teresa sit on her high horse while the rest of the reserve members live in poverty? Maybe this does happen here? If so, do you just sit by and let it go on without DOING something about it?

It isn't the Canadian government that the tribal members should be going after, it is the rich chiefs and their cronies. The band members should be demonstrating in front of the chief's fancy homes to get their fair share of the WEALTH.

riggs
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Politicians, yes.

You don't need to be a politician to be corrupt.

riggs
01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
The band members should be demonstrating in front of the chief's fancy homes to get their fair share of the WEALTH.

That would require an accusation from one FN to another. They need to point a finger to keep their movement going. Not recognition of internal problems or corruption.

The Voice
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Politicians, yes.

They are Elected Officials.

So how are they not politicians?

Hans
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Because politicians are members of a party who hold a public office and typically engage in politics for their own advantage or for their party ends.
Chiefs are leaders of a band and do not belong to a specific political party.

Roll The Bones
01-18-2013, 03:36 AM
Because politicians are members of a party who hold a public office and typically engage in politics for their own advantage or for their party ends.

perhaps not in the traditional descriptions of "conservative" or "liberal" political parties... but it doesn't take a genius to understand that shawn atleo is both political and a politician, and that the AFN operates very much like a political party...

The Voice
01-18-2013, 07:49 AM

I knew this was going to be your answer.

So with this thought in mind, I guess you don't think the Mayor and City Council are Politicians either?

gouligann
01-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Are there any natives on here that would like to answer my question? prolly not, you'd rather just hold up a protest sign and keep holding your hands out to the government instead.

Off topic from Idle No More, but...

I'd like to know if the natives living on reserves in this area would sit by and let a chief like good ol' Teresa sit on her high horse while the rest of the reserve members live in poverty? Maybe this does happen here? If so, do you just sit by and let it go on without DOING something about it?

It isn't the Canadian government that the tribal members should be going after, it is the rich chiefs and their cronies. The band members should be demonstrating in front of the chief's fancy homes to get their fair share of the WEALTH.

Hans
01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I knew this was going to be your answer.

So with this thought in mind, I guess you don't think the Mayor and City Council are Politicians either?

They are affiliated with a political party, so they are politicians.

Roll The Bones
01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
They are affiliated with a political party, so they are politicians.

ok so somebody had to ask... but only this once, then please stop hijacking my thread...

hans, with which political party or parties are mayor debbie and council affiliated?

Hans
01-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Google it.

Roll The Bones
01-18-2013, 05:17 PM
i thought so...

and now, back to our show...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/01/11/f-hunger-strike-theresa-spence.html

"So for a lot of people, they will now say 'Well, there was a meeting between the Aboriginal People and the prime minister. So what's the problem? So if you want to continue the hunger strike, what is it exactly that you wanted that you didn't get that you would be able to get now.'"

Spence's demands at times have seemed unclear — whether or not she wanted a direct meeting with Harper and Johnson or if a meeting with First Nations leaders and the prime minister and Governor General would suffice.

Waddell said that a hunger strike is most effective if it's clearly linked to specific issues and specific demands, but that it appears in Spence's case, the issues seem to be nebulous.

"In this case, it appears that the reason for the hunger strike changes. When you try to attract attention by doing something like this, you, to some degree, risk losing some of that attention when it doesn't appear consistent to why you're doing it."

gouligann
01-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Nebulous issues? Nah, Teresa just wanted to lose some weight and being in the spotlight gives her the motivation.

If she can be called a politician, she reminds me of Bush, another idiot with power who loved to spend tax payer's money. At LEAST Bush had to account for "his" government's outrageous spending.

Roll The Bones
01-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Nebulous issues? Nah, Teresa just wanted to lose some weight and being in the spotlight gives her the motivation.

not sure if she lost any weight but she certainly has the spotlight... for now... although i believe it is beginning to dim... on her, not on the INM movement...

dancingqueen
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Cool, lets call people fat to try and NOT talk about the issue at hand!
Nice diversion tactic....
Let me know when you wanna take your heads out of the sand and talk about the real issue, and here's a hint:
It's not about Theresa's body image.
I better get outta here... The banjos are getting closer.

Roll The Bones
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Cool, lets call people fat to try and NOT talk about the issue at hand!
Nice diversion tactic....
Let me know when you wanna take your heads out of the sand and talk about the real issue, and here's a hint:
It's not about Theresa's body image.
I better get outta here... The banjos are getting closer.

ummmm... no one called her or anyone else "fat"... point is, there are many people who are questioning whether or not she is actually on a hunger strike due to the fact that she does not appear to have lost as much weight as one would expect after consuming only fish broth and water for over a month...

but i do agree with you on one thing... it's not about her body image... it's about bringing awareness to issues faced by the native communities in our country... and at this point it's about her commitment to those issues... as i said, however, her ability to continue to forward her agenda through a hunger strike appears to be diminishing rapidly...

dq... it's very unfortunate that you can't seem to make a valid point without expounding your obvious feelings of hatred for those who don't see your point... some would call that "having issues"...