PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong stripped of Olympic medal

Hans
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Not only is disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong no longer officially a Tour de France winner -- he's no longer an Olympic medalist, either.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/sport/armstrong-doping/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Why don't they just put him on the electric chair and be done with it?

lynys
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Well, it kinda goes against the spirit of the games to award one a medal they cheated to get. That said, the interview hasn't even aired yet. so it's funny they made this decision ahead of time. My opinion though is he confirmed the allegations when he decided to "stop fighting" the Tour. If I was not guilty, I would do anything to clear my name.

Hans
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
They all take enhancing chemicals. No normal person can perform these kind of feats just by training.

riggs
01-17-2013, 09:53 PM
They all take enhancing chemicals. No normal person can perform these kind of feats just by training.

Do you take performance enhancing drugs to keep up your hectic moderating duties?

Hans
01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
No, it comes natural to me.

Roll The Bones
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM

so then his admission doesn't exactly come as a surprise to you or anyone else out there, right?

this is the flavour of the day... he will be remembered as a cheater, just like ben johnson, barry bonds, half the chinese women's wrestling team, etc... and will amount to merely a footnote in the history of sport...

riggs
01-19-2013, 08:03 AM
No, it comes natural to me.

That's what Lance said too.

Hans
01-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Readers sue Lance Armstrong for book refund after doping admission.
Rob Stutzman doesn't buy too many books.
Stutzman is part of a class-action lawsuit against Armstrong and his book publishers accusing them of peddling fiction as fact.

Stutzman, who is a former deputy chief of staff for former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, said he was duped into reading Armstrong's book, drawn in by the cyclist's compelling life story.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/sport/lance-armstrong-book-lawsuit/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

I can't wait until they take away all of Arnold's trophies and sue him into oblivion.
He admitted to using steroids long time ago. He should be treated equally.

bohd
01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
that woulkd be a great idea....but its too quick. a good penalty would be to live in poverty the rest of his life. it is no different than any of those ponzi schemers etc.
i could have been sympathetic if say he did it once to see if that was the difference between winning and losing. but...to do it 7 times and smugly deny it so may times...this is a vile corrupt man who used the cancer charity to make HIM feel better about stealing all that money
Not only is disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong no longer officially a Tour de France winner -- he's no longer an Olympic medalist, either.

BFLPE
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Why don't they just put him on the electric chair and be done with it?Why would they do that?

Do you have a problem with things being taken away from him that were dishonestly earned?

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure every cyclist was on something.

Hans
01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Why would they do that?

Do you have a problem with things being taken away from him that were dishonestly earned?

Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger. He admitted taking steroids during his career.
Look at how much money he made from his career as a body builder.
Why should all his money not be taken away? He cheated also.

dancingqueen
01-26-2013, 04:54 PM
that woulkd be a great idea....but its too quick. a good penalty would be to live in poverty the rest of his life. it is no different than any of those ponzi schemers etc.

Yes, and he should be tortured too!
tie him to a chair and make him eat his body parts one by one, and make his family watch, then kill his family and his dog in front of him then... then... then.... uhhhh strangle him then resuscitate him, then cut off his balls and put them i n a grinder then... then....

Jesus Christ, you guys act like he's the only person on earth who used steroids.....

BFLPE
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Source? Far as I know he has only admitted to using them while it was legal.

You're deflecting though. Do you really see taking away his Olympic medals as being on par with the death penalty?

The Left Sock
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this whole argument about 'performance enhancing drugs' is ridiculous. Oxygen is a PED, if used in higher concentrations than normal air. Of course athletes are going to use techniques, diets, and supplements that improve their performance - that's what makes them athletes!

Imagine how much fun the Olympics would be to watch, if every athlete was able to use whatever means at their disposal to reach the peak of their ability. It would be a bit of a freak show, but anyone who has watched the judging of certain sports, and the politics that go with it, already knows the whole thing is an illusion.

Hans
01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Source? Far as I know he has only admitted to using them while it was legal.

You're deflecting though. Do you really see taking away his Olympic medals as being on par with the death penalty?

What I am saying is that the media is spending a ridiculous amount of time on this issue, trying to crucify him for every sin on earth.
They act like nobody else is taking enhanced drugs to increase their performance.

I guess all these guys are all natural: http://www.oddee.com/item_96612.aspx

Hans
01-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Here's a list of just baseball guys :

http://www.baseballssteroidera.com/bse-list-steroid-hgh-users-baseball.html

Bluesky
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
I think in this case, the denials have been too vehement, and his actions (suing people who dared speak out) have been so out there, that he is getting a proportionate return. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

01-30-2013, 01:12 AM

I'm sure his fortune was from the money he made from body building and not the movies :)

Hans
01-30-2013, 07:19 AM
It is the body building that started his career. He was already worth millions by the time he stopped competing. He also owned a few body building magazines etc...

RWGR
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM

Good subject for the Politics section.

Errr...wait...

RWGR
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Speaking of sports, how 'bout 'dat last WJC, EHHHH??

Haven't seen you guys in a while, need to catch up :)