PDA

View Full Version : Secularist Re-Writing of 'Middle Ages' Takes a Hit

RWGR
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.prageruniversity.com/History/Were-the-Middle-Ages-Dark.html

Westender 3
06-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Prager University is a virtual on-line non-profit organization founded in 2009 that produces five minute video courses on a variety of subjects, ranging from economics to philosophy. The organization was created by Dennis Prager, an American syndicated talk show host, and Allen Estrin, screenwriter and radio show producer, to teach fundamental concepts and conservative values in large part through a series of 5 minute video lectures. These videos seek to enhance the student's understanding and appreciation for the ideas central to conservative ideology, under rubrics such as freedom, personal responsibility and capitalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prager_University

Excellent source! What's next, Beck University? LOL

bilbo79
06-07-2013, 12:41 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25330176.jpg

Westender 3
06-07-2013, 01:45 AM
I wonder what Dr. Phil thinks about this?

Bluesky
06-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Whatever Prager University is, I have learned as well from other sources that the Dark Ages were indeed, not that dark.

RWGR
06-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Prager University is a virtual on-line non-profit organization founded in 2009 that produces five minute video courses on a variety of subjects, ranging from economics to philosophy. The organization was created by Dennis Prager, an American syndicated talk show host, and Allen Estrin, screenwriter and radio show producer, to teach fundamental concepts and conservative values in large part through a series of 5 minute video lectures. These videos seek to enhance the student's understanding and appreciation for the ideas central to conservative ideology, under rubrics such as freedom, personal responsibility and capitalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prager_University

Excellent source! What's next, Beck University? LOL

Translation: "I got nothin'"

The Left Sock
06-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Oh, the Dark Ages were a hoot! All that Christian oppression, hysteria, torture, total indifference to anyone with different beliefs. Those were the days!

Then the Muslims showed up, and decided they would try to keep the party rolling. And now they're the bad guys. Go figure!

RWGR
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh, the Dark Ages were a hoot! All that Christian oppression, hysteria, torture, total indifference to anyone with different beliefs. Those were the days!

Then the Muslims showed up, and decided they would try to keep the party rolling. And now they're the bad guys. Go figure!

Christians starting universities. Leading Catholic bishops and priests leading the way in science. Magnificent architecture, still unrivaled today.

Dark days, indeed

The Left Sock
06-07-2013, 03:11 PM
"Leading Catholic bishops and priests leading the way in science."

Yeah, that was the most delusional thing I've seen in a while.

Ever heard of Copernicus, genius?

RWGR
06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Ever heard of Copernicus, genius?

The name-calling has started, which is when you know Soc feels threatened.

How does Copernicus refute anything I posted before? The Church did not prosecute him for the heliocentric theory (which was not his theory, anyway), but because he believed the theory should change Church doctrine. Plus, Copernicus was a priest, so it is more than a little humorous you use him to prove the Church did little good in the 'Dark Ages'.

And where did Copernicus get the idea of heliocentrism? Philosopher, Astronomer, and Cardinal... Nicolas of Cusa.

So, many thanks for bringing up Copernicus! :)

The Left Sock
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
"Christians starting universities. Leading Catholic bishops and priests leading the way in science. Magnificent architecture, still unrivaled today."

When someone lets out a whopper of a statement like that, the only word that can adequately describe the phenomenon is 'genius'.

The strongest lies are the really huge ones. Taking your delusion to that level was actually quite clever. Sorry if you doubted my sincerity, and thought I was being derogatory.

RWGR
06-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Soc waves the white flag early!! :)

bilbo79
06-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Christians starting universities. Leading Catholic bishops and priests leading the way in science. Magnificent architecture, still unrivaled today.

Dark days, indeed

Safe bet to stick to this time period when the CC was actually relevant. My how the mighty have fallen.

RWGR
06-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Safe bet to stick to this time period when the CC was actually relevant. My how the mighty have fallen.

If being the largest Christian church in the world constitutes a "fall", I say fall some more!!