PDA

View Full Version : Archaeologist Claims Piece of Jesus' Cross Found at Ancient Church in Turkey

RWGR
08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
An archaeologist overseeing a dig at Balatlar Church in Turkey's Sinop Province claims her team has discovered a 1,350-year-old stone chest containing "a piece of a cross" and which she believes possibly came from the one on which Jesus was crucified as recorded in the Gospels.

"We have found a holy thing in a chest. It is a piece of a cross, and we think it was [part of the cross on which Jesus was crucified]," Gulgun Koroglu, head of the years-long excavation at the site, told reporters. "This stone chest is very important to us. It has a history and is the most important artifact we have unearthed so far."

The stone chest in question is believed to have belonged to "a holy person" who could have used the chest to hold relics for veneration, NBC News reported.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/archaeologist-claims-piece-of-jesus-cross-found-at-ancient-church-in-turkey-101384/

The Left Sock
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
You know, I watch me a whole lot of Ghost Hunters episodes - Jason and Grant are the best in the biz!

Every once in a while, you see an episode where the location owners make outrageous claims of haunting at their 'restaurant' or 'bed and breakfast', and the guys spend the whole night, turning up a whole bunch of nothing. However, the business in question does get showcased for the episode, and the business owners benefit greatly from the exposure.

I find that a lot of these so-called 'religious' discoveries are strikingly similar to the thing that happens on Ghost Hunters.

RWGR
08-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Considering most of these 'discoveries' come from agnostics or Muslims, I agree 100%