PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz renounces Canadian citizenship

Hans
08-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Lest any questions remain about Sen. Ted Cruz's national allegiance, the Texas Republican announced Monday he was renouncing his Canadian citizenship.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/19/ted-cruz-renounces-canadian-citizenship-in-statement/?hpt=hp_t2

There's a fool born every minute.

RWGR
08-20-2013, 10:14 AM
The article is funny. Cruz just assumed his Canadian citizenship had expired, seeing he had not acted upon it. When finding out it had not, he basically said, "pfffft, dump it!"

:)

Let's see: keep citizenship in Canada, or run for President of the Free World ...hmmmm...quite a decision there.

The Left Sock
08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Er, that would be President of the soon to be Bankrupt Third World!

Might want to hold onto that Canadian passport, Teddy!

RWGR
08-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Er, that would be President of the soon to be Bankrupt Third World!

Envy, ugly in all its forms.

Good, good stuff, Cruz throwing off his Canadian citizenship like someone would throw off an ugly spider they seen crawling on them LOL

Bill Nash
08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
He is from Texas, not the home of the brightest Americans, ....

RWGR
08-20-2013, 06:29 PM
He is from Texas, not the home of the brightest Americans, ....

Says a guy from Northern Ontario.

We call that "irony" :)

Bill Nash
08-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Says a guy from Northern Ontario.

We call that "irony" :)

You would be shocked if you knew where I was born, ...

RWGR
08-20-2013, 07:23 PM
You would be shocked if you knew where I was born, ...

Hell, I'm shocked you were born, and not hatched! :)

RWGR
08-21-2013, 03:46 PM
The sad part is, Canada can't afford to lose Cruz as a citizen. A country whose population today is the same as the US's during the Civil War in the 1860s isn't exactly getting people knocking the door down to come in.

But, hey, add abooot another eight million people and Canada is right up there with Tanzania, and that's nothing to sneeze abooot.

So, keep your Canadian citizenship, Mr. Cruz, they can't afford to lose anyone (especially since the Gretzky family now considers Phoenix as far enough north, thank you very much).