PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

Aristotle
10-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Soundy asked for more examples of his moderating. I gave multiple examples. Then in a PM he told me he is going to ban me for listing multiple examples.

Carry on the good fight, Soonetters.

Huggy85
10-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Cheers, friend!

riggs
10-12-2013, 01:10 PM
You can't leave. There'll be no one here to represent the right wing side of life!!

dancingqueen
10-12-2013, 02:02 PM
There's more right wingers on this board than I care to converse with....

Aristotle
10-12-2013, 02:49 PM

The truth can be scary, but just face it, and be like the Little Train That Could, and repeat "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ..."

The Left Sock
10-12-2013, 03:14 PM
If there's one thing I hate, it's long, drawn-out goodbyes.

Aristotle
10-12-2013, 06:09 PM

I thought your departure from reality went rather quick :) :) :)

The Left Sock
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
So instead of just fading off into the sunset on your own accord, you've opted instead for the tragic 'death by moderator' approach?

Official Cat of Soonet
10-12-2013, 06:25 PM

So what makes someone "left" or "right"?
How do we define them?

Well now I'm confused.

dancingqueen
10-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Well now I'm confused.

I was speaking ironically....
Do not take my clearly non serious post in this clearly non serious thread seriously.... Your just gonna hurt your head.... and mine too.
:) (inserted smiley so it is not condescending)

Official Cat of Soonet
10-12-2013, 06:36 PM
The smiley hurts my feelings because I am sad right now and it's almost like that face is mocking me.

dancingqueen
10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
The smiley hurts my feelings because I am sad right now and it's almost like that face is mocking me.

I'm sorry, is this better? :cat:

Guess Who?
10-12-2013, 08:45 PM
So, in a thread in the soapbox, you (Aristotle) eluded to a member named "Soc67". Who is this "Soc67" since I don't see any posts by him/her here? I understand that by posting in the politics section, I am immune from the wrath of Soundbear, so that is why I am posting here.

riggs
10-12-2013, 11:14 PM

Or road construction!!

Guess Who?
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM
So, in a thread in the soapbox, you (Aristotle) eluded to a member named "Soc67". Who is this "Soc67" since I don't see any posts by him/her here? I understand that by posting in the politics section, I am immune from the wrath of Soundbear, so that is why I am posting here.
I have been told by a member her in a PM who Soc 67 really is, and I didn't know until that PM was sent to me. Is that a violation of SooNet rules?

Aristotle
10-13-2013, 10:35 AM
So instead of just fading off into the sunset on your own accord, you've opted instead for the tragic 'death by moderator' approach?

I admit, The Trifecta here is amusing

Igor
10-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I have been told by a member her in a PM who Soc 67 really is, and I didn't know until that PM was sent to me. Is that a violation of SooNet rules?

Isn't this mature? I know a secret that you don't know! Reminds me of grade school antics. Maybe we should all know who Soc 67 is! Or not!

Aristotle
10-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Isn't this mature? I know a secret that you don't know! Reminds me of grade school antics. Maybe we should all know who Soc 67 is! Or not!

you're missing the point.

It's okay for Soc to engage in such an activity, but should one of us had engaged in such an activity originally, a banning would have been forthcoming.

Igor
10-13-2013, 12:29 PM
you're missing the point.

It's okay for Soc to engage in such an activity, but should one of us had engaged in such an activity originally, a banning would have been forthcoming.

You announced, basically, that Soc 67, is somebody special or someone with two identities. Well those of us who have no idea what is going on don't see why someone is getting away with whatever! I had and still have no idea who Soc 67 is. In fact, I don't recall seeing any posts by said person lately.

I am sorry but it just reminds me of kids in the school yard, whispering and telling secrets. Some of us have no idea what is going on. I guess we are supposed to be just like mushrooms....kept in the dark and fed ****!

BFLPE
10-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Goodbye

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmNxub-okL9oFZMUIzF8OLWpp3PZYo9ouwTY3a_MFCt8o9IOwyYw

The Left Sock
10-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Just to set the record straight, for the titillated scandal ho's among us, I have only ever had one account here, the same account, since 2002.

There is a function you can use here, where you ask the administrator for a name change, on your account. It isn't a deceptive practice, you don't need to have multiple accounts, or engage in clandestine espionage, or break any kind of rules. You simply request a name change from the administrator.

I was here for a few years, gave it up for a while, and upon my return I thought it would be good to start fresh, so I asked for a name change. So, soc_67 became 'The Left Sock'. It wasn't an attempt to escape any former identity, because anyone with a working brain could figure out that I was the 'soc who left'.

But it does seem to fascinate some around here, for reasons I can only speculate on. It's too bad really, because new members won't have a clue what some people are obsessing over, and it ruins the fun for them.

Hopefully, this will clear things up nicely, and life can go on, and the conspiracy theorists can seek greener pasture.

Aristotle
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Nice try, but that doesn't fly. When first confronted about being Soc 67 you tried to pretend you didn't know what that meant. You finally admitted it after all the tell-tale signs were readily available for all to see:

1) an obsession with America

2) an insatiable desire to rewrite history, and take on America's glories as Canada's

3) extreme anger when bested in a debate

4) consistent distortion of facts

The Left Sock
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Gee, was it supposed to 'fly'?

Fly where, exactly?

Aristotle
10-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Gee, was it supposed to 'fly'?

Fly where, exactly?

white flag accepted

The Left Sock
10-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Nice try, but that doesn't fly. When first confronted about being Soc 67 you tried to pretend you didn't know what that meant. You finally admitted it after all the tell-tale signs were readily available for all to see:

1) an obsession with America

2) an insatiable desire to rewrite history, and take on America's glories as Canada's

3) extreme anger when bested in a debate

4) consistent distortion of facts

Source? Link? A single shred of proof, perhaps?

That's some heavy delusion, coming from somewhere, and since it isn't coming from me, perhaps you should look within?

Aristotle
10-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Source? Link? A single shred of proof, perhaps?

That's some heavy delusion, coming from somewhere, and since it isn't coming from me, perhaps you should look within?

95% of your posts are all the proof anyone needs

The Left Sock
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Well then, you have everything you need, right?

Celebrate, in your enlightenment!

Guess Who?
10-13-2013, 11:33 PM
You announced, basically, that Soc 67, is somebody special or someone with two identities. Well those of us who have no idea what is going on don't see why someone is getting away with whatever! I had and still have no idea who Soc 67 is. In fact, I don't recall seeing any posts by said person lately.

I am sorry but it just reminds me of kids in the school yard, whispering and telling secrets. Some of us have no idea what is going on. I guess we are supposed to be just like mushrooms....kept in the dark and fed ****!

I was told in an unsolicited PM who Soc 67 was, and I didn't know either. Maybe you need friends in higher places. Don't worry, the Batman is on it.

dancingqueen
10-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Left Sock has made no attempt to hide his identity... It came out "officially" on some silly useless thread about nothing that you probably missed Igor, no one can blame you for that. I suspect Aristotle is just playing "super spy guy" games and is showing off his ninja skills.
but that's all you missed Igor, he never made it a secret.

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Left Sock has made no attempt to hide his identity... It came out "officially" on some silly useless thread about nothing that you probably missed Igor, no one can blame you for that. I suspect Aristotle is just playing "super spy guy" games and is showing off his ninja skills.
but that's all you missed Igor, he never made it a secret.

He sure did try to hide his identity at first. But he gave up that charade quickly.

dancingqueen
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Can you show me this? my memory recalls differently, though in all fairness my memory is not my strong point.

lynys
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I seem to recall when he was asked, he danced around it. Not admitting, but not denying. I can see why RWGR sees it as he does.

The Freq
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Just curious but is this thread about goodbyes and a pair of socks (sock and soc)? :-)

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
I seem to recall when he was asked, he danced around it. Not admitting, but not denying. I can see why RWGR sees it as he does.

Sums it up well.

He didn't make a scene out of it, but did try a half-hearted denial at first, but by that time everybody knew it was him,there was no denying the style of posts, etc

dancingqueen
10-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Oh, okay, clearly I recall incorrectly.

The Voice
10-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Can somebody tell me were to find the rules around here?

I have read the terms of use I don't think that is the rulebook.

I am positive that the rule against Identifying a poster pertains to their REAL LIFE Identity. Not their handle in the make believe cyber world. WHO CARES if the sock used to be soc67, Big Whoppie.

What bearing does it really have on anything?

Can anyone give me any plausible reason what effect this has on anything? (That is besides giving SB another weapon to ban people.)

I find it asinine that a mod would think this is somehow disruptive to cyber harmony.

I am curious if the sock got a demerit point a few weeks back when he was trying to suggest that I was RW's Alter Ego?

The Left Sock
10-14-2013, 07:32 PM
If I was trying to be deceptive, why the hell would I change my name to 'The Left Sock'? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the connection from my original name, but it sure seems to have thrown a monkey wrench into some people.

And that was years ago now. Time to move on, kiddies!

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
If I was trying to be deceptive, why the hell would I change my name to 'The Left Sock'? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the connection from my original name, but it sure seems to have thrown a monkey wrench into some people.

No wrench at all, it's just that you thought you were clever enough to pull it off. But, as I said, the obsession with America plus the ease at which you would get angry when proven wrong made it all too clear your ruse would not fly.

And that was years ago now. Time to move on, kiddies

Sorry, champ,but you ain't disowning that legacy. That's the stuff Internet legends are made of :)

The Left Sock
10-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Wow, that's a magically fantastic space, your cranium is currently occupying!

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Wow, that's a magically fantastic space, your cranium is currently occupying!

Try to escape your past, you can't.

That stuff can never fade away...when you're 100% convinced you are the vanguard against a well-planned world takeover by religious people, with their HQ here on Soonet and led by a Soonetter and his minions, and the fate of the free secular world depends on your ability to win the fight, that stuff will live on forever.

If anyone has a copy of the Real Deal thread, please post it.

The Left Sock
10-14-2013, 07:47 PM
But, but... you weren't even a member here, when that 'alleged' thread was supposed to have taken place. So how could you possibly even know about it, let alone obsess over it for years?

Very disturbing, indeed.

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 07:47 PM
But, but... you weren't even a member here, when that 'alleged' thread was supposed to have taken place. So how could you possibly even know about it, let alone obsess over it for years?

Very disturbing, indeed.

Been reading for years. Decided to join later.

The Left Sock
10-14-2013, 07:58 PM
"Been reading for years."

Well, congratulations!

Hans
10-15-2013, 01:18 AM
That could be taken as an insult by Aristotle.

The Left Sock
10-15-2013, 08:51 AM

As far as I'm concerned, someone who sat by the sidelines for years, then finally got the courage to start participating in discussions here, is a cause for celebration.

I really don't understand how that can be perceived as an insult. Aristotle should be congratulated for providing such a positive example for all the shy sand-baggers still lurking around here.

Aristotle
10-15-2013, 10:42 AM

It was quite insulting

The Left Sock
10-15-2013, 07:49 PM
My comments were positive in nature. When someone finishes long hard years of study, what is the one word that you see on the big banner above the graduation hall? CONGRATULATIONS!

You said you studied these threads for years, then joined up and started interacting.

So, congratulations! Who can possibly be insulted by that?

tired-n-cranky
10-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Aristotle I suggest you send me a PM to discuss your membership on these forums.

Anapeg
10-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I was labouring under the impression ANYONE having double personalities was against BBS standards and would be dealt with? Enlighten me, please?

Official Cat of Soonet
10-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Maybe I am just naive but I haven't seen anyone with more than one account.

Anapeg
10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Maybe I am just naive but I haven't seen anyone with more than one account.

Perhaps I read too much into the posts implicating otherwise?

Anapeg
10-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Right. Got it from the horse's mouth. Multiples are allowed as long you do not use them to circumvent disciplinary action by any and all moderators. I paraphrase but you get the gist.

Anapeg
10-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Wish someone else would post here. Every time I log on I see Goodbye Anapeg in politics and wonder where in hell I am going. Then it occurs to me I am never at a loss as to where I might go as people are constantly giving one specific direction to go in, p**s off.

The Freq
10-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I can relate.. After a 10 year goodbye and recent return.. I don't want to go quite yet. :-)

The Voice
10-22-2013, 10:38 PM
I can relate.. After a 10 year goodbye and recent return.. I don't want to go quite yet. :-)

Who the He!! is the freak?:) :)