PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

The Freq
10-13-2013, 12:08 PM
I must say that this years Nascar season 2013 has been a snore fest. Ever since the points system changed to include "The Chase", it has stunk. The Charlotte race last night was so brutal to watch I actually fought to keep my eyes open. Thankfully the last 15 laps made a bit of a change. You can see it race to race that the stands are not even close to being packed like the old days. What happened? I'm not sure, but one thing is that there are no true Nascar heroes. Also, the chase thing is dull. Cheating is also at fever pitch yet people are still allowed to race after getting nailed for it. Multi car teams have also ruined it in my opinion. Technology had killed it too. I hate to say this, but it's time to put a little redneck back into the sport rather than make it look like a rock concert.

Anapeg
10-14-2013, 04:02 AM
I enjoyed it in the "early" TV years, 60's and 70's when they were truly stock cars. Something I could buy and drive. Now the cars bear little resemblance to what we, the motoring public drive. Now the Australian "super car" series, small real time cars with V-8's in 'em, there is fun. I do agree, a little "red neck" good ol' boy with some less contrived autos would be fun.

The Freq
10-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Totally agree... Low budget front wheel cars on the street converted to big horsepower V8's with rear wheel drive on the track in Nascar is pretty much a lie. I also see better racing on my way to work every morning. :-) Yeah the super car series cars are pretty cool. I'm actually more into midget racing than Nascar these days. Nothing like a dirt track night race. :-)

Aristotle
10-14-2013, 06:17 PM
The number of empty seats at NASCAR events now is shocking. I know NASCAR hates when the camera pans the grandstands, but there isn't much they can do about it.

NASCAR peaked about ten years ago

The Voice
10-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Brian France, Toyota and the only thing stock about them anymore is a Ford 9" Rear end.

Escalating costs and dwindling corporate sponsorship.

Obvious manipulation of results as well as subjective application of their own rules.

Kyle Busch and Danica Patrick.

That's what's wrong with Nascar.

_daynzy
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
They need a Ricky Bobby.

The Freq
10-15-2013, 12:42 AM
I know NASCAR hates when the camera pans the grandstands, but there isn't much they can do about it.
A friend of mine at work said the same thing. He had heard that Nascar asked the networks to focus more on the track and less on the stands. Charlotte
was always one of Nascars top attendance tracks but this past weekend was pretty weak.

I agree with "The Voice" about escalating costs and dwindling corporate sponsorship. I think most fans saw that coming. Having 100's of employees per
team is crazy.

I think Ricky Bobby is a better driver than most of the field ;-)

Guess Who?
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I think the Danica Patrick thing is akin to Tim Tebow in the NFL, Steve Avery in the NHL, or a midget in the NBA. It is a novelty thing. Yesterday, Patrick missed the pit lane and drove through the grass to get to it, while driving too fast for the pits. She then decided she had screwed it up too bad, and simply drove through the pits and didn't stop. She was still accessed a penalty, regardless. It is a joke that they pay her millions of dollars to drive simply because she is some T&A that they want.

The Freq
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I think the Danica Patrick thing is akin to Tim Tebow in the NFL, Steve Avery in the NHL, or a midget in the NBA. It is a novelty thing. Yesterday, Patrick missed the pit lane and drove through the grass to get to it, while driving too fast for the pits. She then decided she had screwed it up too bad, and simply drove through the pits and didn't stop. She was still accessed a penalty, regardless. It is a joke that they pay her millions of dollars to drive simply because she is some T&A that they want.

I'm going to give her one more season before I evaluate my opinion on her. I'm sure she looks better in a bikini than Kyle Busch would. :-) As for that pit error she made at Taladega, I've seen others do the same thing with worse results, some even crashing. I'm going to blame that on a communication goof up with the crew. Kyle Petty may be right with his opinion of her not being a "racer" but we'll see if things change for her second season. Her boyfriend Stenhouse has done a few good boo boos also. I do think the caliber of racers has gone down though from the Petty, Wallace, Earnhart Sr. and Allison days. Nascar seemed to sag after Earnharts death.

I couldn't get a clear shot of the stands at this past weekends race to note attendance. Were there many empty seats??

The Voice
10-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Danica Patrick and Dale Jr are marketing machines nothing less, nothing more.

The big problem is Brian France.

His Father and Grandfather had vision, he is just greedy.

The American Economy has a big effect as well.

And because NASCAR is a fringe sport to begin with it will be the first to suffer in a economic downturn.

The Freq
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Danica Patrick and Dale Jr are marketing machines nothing less, nothing more.

The big problem is Brian France.

His Father and Grandfather had vision, he is just greedy.

The American Economy has a big effect as well.

And because NASCAR is a fringe sport to begin with it will be the first to suffer in a economic downturn.

I agree with you on all points. The biggest part of this season for me has been watching Kurt Busch run at the top with the single car team. I can't stand him at all, but he's definitely making things count. For the most part 2013 Nascar Sprint season has been a big yawn fest.

Anapeg
10-25-2013, 08:18 PM
The Freq makes mention of Kyle Petty's opinion of Danica. Notice he has had his seat on air time cut and now makes no reference to his inner most thoughts of a never has been. It will in the future, I believe come to pass that Tony Stewart has been offered incentives to have her drive. No way in hell I can prove it but mark my words.

The Freq
10-26-2013, 09:13 PM
I noticed Kyle's time has been cut but the broadcast also has changed. Not sure exactly what but there are subtle changes almost like the broadcasters have
to follow different guidelines now. I always thought Kyle did a great job but it's apparent his opinion of Danica has done something. As much as I want Danica
to win and do better, this season for her is exactly what Kyle said of her. Can't discredit him for a pretty much dead on evaluation of her driving.

On a side note.... did anyone watch the truck race from Martinsville??? I swear I've seen bigger crowds at a local flea market. I couldn't believe how
empty the seats were. Either lower the prices to get people in those seats or watch the truck series die. That's crazy to have that many empty seats
for a race. I wonder what the drivers think when they look up in the stands.

The Freq
10-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Ok.. I have to say the Harvick and Dillon smash up at the end of the truck race was pretty hilarious but not as amusing as each of their interviews. Meathead vs punk in a verbal exhibition that was priceless. Not sure who was right or wrong and I don't really care because it was "funnnnnnnny". :-)

Anapeg
10-30-2013, 09:34 PM
The whole thing is becoming "funny" as well as smelly. I will until convinced otherwise, believe NASCAR orchestrates things to suit the advertisers to the best of their ability. When the "truck's" came along it was supremely reminiscent of the watering down of the NHL. It would seem now NASCAR does and will continue to "sanitize" what drivers and pit crews are heard to say. The retribution may well be private rather than out there but it will be a deterrent to speaking one's mind.

The Voice
11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
The stands in Texas yesterday were absolutely Barren.

Even the main grandstand had large empty Areas.

The secondary grandstands were almost completely empty.

I talked to a couple of people that were at both the Michigan Races this year and the stands weren't full but they said they were almost full and it was a good crowd.

Go figure.

Anapeg
11-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I have to wonder if going back to basics might save them or has it gone too far already? Some store bought auto's w/ safety as needed and the addition of V-8's for nostalgia may be the tonic the doctor ordered. They have virtually nothing in common with their audience any longer. There was a time up until the 70's when they drove the cars into the track fueled and ready to run. Glass, chrome bumpers it was all there. It was what you and I could buy and that was where the 'cool' factor came in to my estimation. I started watching with the first broadcasts and remember the excitement at seeing Dad's Chrysler or it's look alike whipping up dust on the infield.

The Voice
11-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Danica Patrick. Whatever, Nuff said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/danica-patrick-rookie-season-provided-more-fodder-who-those-who-think-she-isn%2527t-sprint-cup-read-111913

The Freq
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Danica Patrick. Whatever, Nuff said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/danica-patrick-rookie-season-provided-more-fodder-who-those-who-think-she-isn%2527t-sprint-cup-read-111913

I'm still going to give her a chance ;-) . Montoya didn't do very well. It seems the Indy crossover drivers have a hard go of Nascar.

theShadow
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
The best part of danica in nascar is that I watch Indy car. It's nice that I can see drivers that can win get some air time for a change.

The Voice
02-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Danica hit the wall again last weekend.

The Voice
02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Ricky Won Back to Back NationWide Titles before he won Rookie of the Year last Season that's the makings of a Pedigree.

The Berean
02-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Danica hit the wall again last weekend.

Her owners must be real idiots.

Or is there something more to it.

The simple question would be, "How is she compared to others??"

No reason on earth a woman can't race. And someday there will be a true champion female driver!!

The Voice
03-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Don't worry Go-Daddy has lot's of money for more cars. That's what her owners would say.

"How does she compare?" The simple answer would be not very favorably.

The Berean
03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Don't worry Go-Daddy has lot's of money for more cars. That's what her owners would say.

"How does she compare?" The simple answer would be not very favorably.

How many cars run a race?? Where does she usually qualify? Where does she usually finish??

It's easy to SAY "not very well", but where does she end up in those numbers?? THAT shows the reality.

Oh yeah, and how often does she wreck, when it's her fault??

I suspect she's doing better than most, out of 40 plus cars, on any given day.

The Voice
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
How many cars run a race?? Where does she usually qualify? Where does she usually finish??

It's easy to SAY "not very well", but where does she end up in those numbers?? THAT shows the reality.

Oh yeah, and how often does she wreck, when it's her fault??

I suspect she's doing better than most, out of 40 plus cars, on any given day.

The problem I have with this is you don't know anything about Danica but you keep saying she is great?

The Voice
03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Danica finish's 30th week after week in a car capable of winning.

The Berean
03-01-2014, 03:26 PM
The problem I have with this is you don't know anything about Danica but you keep saying she is great?

I said she was great?? Where??

I said, or implied, she isn't the worst!!

The Voice
03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
An argument could be made that she doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.

The Voice
03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
You have to be great to be a champion IMO.

The Voice
03-01-2014, 04:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick

Cut through all the fluff and go to her stats near the bottom and you will see the real story of danica 1 win in a rain shortened race in Japan when only 1/2 the Indy Car regulars attended due to cost.

That's 1 win in 16 years of professional racing so far.

Like I said Way Way overrated the proof is in the pudding my friends.

The Berean
03-01-2014, 10:23 PM
An argument could be made that she doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.

Then neither do the 10 plus guys under her.

The Berean
03-01-2014, 10:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick

Cut through all the fluff and go to her stats near the bottom and you will see the real story of danica 1 win in a rain shortened race in Japan when only 1/2 the Indy Car regulars attended due to cost.

That's 1 win in 16 years of professional racing so far.

Like I said Way Way overrated the proof is in the pudding my friends.

Sure. And this compares to other drivers how??

You must really hate statistics.

The Voice
03-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Another stellar 36th place finish for danica.

I wonder how her sponsors are loving their investment?

The Berean
03-03-2014, 07:45 AM

Was she last?? And did you forget that racing at this level is a business??

I rest my case.

riggs
03-03-2014, 08:42 AM

I'd have to wonder if their investment in her is winning as much as it is in her being female. Judging her results, I'd have to assume it's gender.

The Voice
03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Was she last?? And did you forget that racing at this level is a business??

I rest my case.

Do you even watch NASCAR?

The Berean
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I'd have to wonder if their investment in her is winning as much as it is in her being female. Judging her results, I'd have to assume it's gender.

I'm very sure her gender doesn't hurt!!!

Like I said, it's a business!!

The Berean
03-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Do you even watch NASCAR?

Why?? Was she last??

The Voice
03-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Why?? Was she last??

So you don't watch NASCAR do you?

The Berean
03-05-2014, 08:59 PM
So you don't watch NASCAR do you?

Why? Was she last??

:) :) :)

The Voice
03-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Why? Was she last??

:) :) :)

Don't worry it was a rhetorical question...

The Berean
03-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Don't worry it was a rhetorical question...

I never worry about questions that can't be answered!!! I just laugh!!

The Berean
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
It occurs to me to mention that I'm not particularly bothered that a 100 pound, 5'2" woman can do something I can't!!

I wonder how many 100 pound 5'2" GUYS race Nascar?? I don't care how much power assist there is, horsing around a 3800 pound 190mph plus race car can't be easy. Or to put an Indy car on the pole at 229 mph.

The Voice
03-06-2014, 07:35 AM
It occurs to me to mention that I'm not particularly bothered that a 100 pound, 5'2" woman can do something I can't!!

I wonder how many 100 pound 5'2" GUYS race Nascar?? I don't care how much power assist there is, horsing around a 3800 pound 190mph plus race car can't be easy. Or to put an Indy car on the pole at 229 mph.

This is you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong as usual.

You don't watch NASCAR you don't really know anything about it but you feel an overwhelming need to impose your opinion on those who do none the less. Very telling of the human nature.

FYI: all the driver are jockeys these days but you would know that if you watched.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 07:34 PM
This is you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong as usual.

You don't watch NASCAR you don't really know anything about it but you feel an overwhelming need to impose your opinion on those who do none the less. Very telling of the human nature.

I watch Nascar when I can, but that isn't very often. One reason for my interest is that I raced stock cars myself years ago.

As to human nature, well, your history with your pants down is nothing to be proud of, as is your attack record.

So, have a good weekend!!

The Berean
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
....FYI: all the driver are jockeys these days but you would know that if you watched.

Indeed?? Don't recall the mention of the heights of drivers during the races.

However, in looking for the information, Answers.com says that drivers range in height from 5'6" Andretti, to Micheal Waltrip "a whoping 6'5". Jockeys?? Hmmm.

I'd guess you also dislike the woman for pulling down THAT average, too!!!

The Voice
03-07-2014, 07:58 PM

However, in looking for the information, Answers.com says that drivers range in height from 5'6" Andretti, to Micheal Waltrip "a whoping 6'5". Jockeys?? Hmmm.

Most of the drivers are small, being small is an advantage in NASCAR. and even more so in Indy Cars.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:02 PM
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/02/20/will-lighter-weight-help-danica-patrick-at-daytona.html

Heres the explanation for you.

The same type of rules apply in Indy Car's but the effect is actually multiplied due to the much lighter car weight and higher horsepower.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Like I said you don't watch you don't know the rules you need to stop having to tell everybody where it's at.

Besides everyone already knows your real problem with me is I am an atheist.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Robby Gordon apparently complained about Danica having a weight advantage. But I never heard Micheal Waltrip complain about Mark Martin's 125 pound weight.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
...Besides everyone already knows your real problem with me is I am an atheist.

Everyone who??? The other atheists I have been friends with over the years??

That's just thilly!!!

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I watch Nascar when I can, but that isn't very often. One reason for my interest is that I raced stock cars myself years ago.

As to human nature, well, your history with your pants down is nothing to be proud of, as is your attack record.

So, have a good weekend!!

Say's the king of the backhanded insult.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Robby Gordon apparently complained about Danica having a weight advantage. But I never heard Micheal Waltrip complain about Mark Martin's 125 pound weight.

It is an advantage and by the way how many races did Mark Martin win.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Say's the king off the backhanded insult.

..to the king of false accusations, and leaving somebody out to dry?? :) :) :)

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:15 PM
It is an advantage and by the way how many races did Mark Martin win.

That logic would be easy to trace if weight was such a huge advantage. But in a 3300 lb car, it doesn't make that much difference.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Fact remains Danica finish's 30th week after week in top 10 equipment and unless you can come up with a plausible explanation for this your opinion doesn't hold much weight.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM

Are you sure you really want to go there Barry?

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:20 PM

I already told you this isn't over yet. I am just waiting to run into the right person and then we are going to have a good long conversation about you and soonet. Then it will be over one way or the other don't worry.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 08:26 PM

I've already admitted that it may have been a MISUNDERSTANDING but you can sure as hell bet that it is no false accusation and I had a conversation with my employer that included the words Trespass notice and if you don't think I have the cahonies then you just go ahead and try me out.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Fact remains Danica finish's 30th week after week in top 10 equipment and unless you can come up with a plausible explanation for this your opinion doesn't hold much weight.

I see.

It's obvious that you know little about the facts.

The Berean
03-07-2014, 08:43 PM
I've already admitted that it may have been a MISUNDERSTANDING but you can sure as hell bet that it is no false accusation and I had a conversation with my employer that included the words Trespass notice and if you don't think I have the cahonies then you just go ahead and try me out.

THAT would be interesting!! By all means, be my guest.

The Voice
03-08-2014, 06:52 AM
I see.

It's obvious that you know little about the facts.

Just as obvious is that you know little about NASCAR.

Anapeg
03-08-2014, 11:43 AM
In my humble opinion having breasts has done a darn sight more for her career than her abilities. Unlike some who have more abysmal records than she, she herself pilots a vehicle capable of placing much better than she is capable of. Stewart Haas is one of the premier owner/driver groups on the circuit yet given stellar equipment she continues a lacklustre career. Now why is that? Oh ya! She is above all,.....FEMALE! She pays bills and garners a niche market that may otherwise go untapped. As The Berean has already pointed out , NASCAR is first and foremost a business and as such they will do whatever it takes to pay the bills in what has already been described a "dwindling" market. She will be the first to proclaim she detests women exploiting their wiles for profit but alas, she and Tony are leaders in this field, pun intended.

The Berean
03-08-2014, 07:55 PM
In my humble opinion having breasts has done a darn sight more for her career than her abilities. Unlike some who have more abysmal records than she, she herself pilots a vehicle capable of placing much better than she is capable of. Stewart Haas is one of the premier owner/driver groups on the circuit yet given stellar equipment she continues a lacklustre career. Now why is that? Oh ya! She is above all,.....FEMALE! She pays bills and garners a niche market that may otherwise go untapped. As The Berean has already pointed out , NASCAR is first and foremost a business and as such they will do whatever it takes to pay the bills in what has already been described a "dwindling" market. She will be the first to proclaim she detests women exploiting their wiles for profit but alas, she and Tony are leaders in this field, pun intended.

I believe all of that to be true. And I would say it`s no reason to go racing except for one, totally glossed over FACT!!

There are men racing not doing as well.

Simple.

Anapeg
03-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I believe all of that to be true. And I would say it`s no reason to go racing except for one, totally glossed over FACT!!

Simple.

I for one had not 'glossed over' that fact. I hate stats and never look but what of the win loss numbers, similar?

Stewart Haas has to be realizing some perks for keeping a non producer as they of all the teams could afford so much better. Why field a winning car and a driver obviously incapable.

The Voice
03-09-2014, 05:22 AM

Simple.

Here is another FACT that YOU seem unable to GRASP.

The men not doing as well are running SUBSTANDARD equipment by COMPARISON.

The Voice
03-09-2014, 05:49 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/24/sport/motorsport/formula-one-driver-weight/

Here's another link showing the effect.

Funny thing is 5 or 6 years before Danica was on the radar the whole Michael Waltrip versus Mark Martin thing was being talked about pretty extensively as I remember.

http://articles.mcall.com/2005-06-02/sports/3603050_1_robby-gordon-fans-high-profile-driver

Here's another link I'll do a little cut and paste here to make it easy for you to find the most relevant point.

(("There's a definite advantage," Bryan Herta said when pressed for his take. "It's definitely speed. There's a reason why we drain our tanks down to almost nothing when we go out qualifying -- it's to take as much weight as we can out of the car."))

I am curious did you know they do this sort of thing when they Qualify?

The Voice
03-09-2014, 06:26 AM
I was reading through this thread from the start to try and see where it went off the rails and there it was right in front of me.

This thread was created during your hiatus. I wonder was this a thread that I received a PM about telling me how I should think or what someone else meant?

I've never really understood how it is your place to tell me what someone else meant? I'm sorry I just don't get that one.

The Berean
03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
I for one had not 'glossed over' that fact. I hate stats and never look but what of the win loss numbers, similar?

Stewart Haas has to be realizing some perks for keeping a non producer as they of all the teams could afford so much better. Why field a winning car and a driver obviously incapable.

Listening to Nascar on the radio while travelling. Danica finished 21, best of the Stewart Haas team.

The Berean
03-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I was reading through this thread from the start to try and see where it went off the rails and there it was right in front of me.

This thread was created during your hiatus. I wonder was this a thread that I received a PM about telling me how I should think or what someone else meant?

I've never really understood how it is your place to tell me what someone else meant? I'm sorry I just don't get that one.

Sorry, don/t remember what you're talking about.

Anapeg
03-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Listening to Nascar on the radio while travelling. Danica finished 21, best of the Stewart Haas team.

I read that, the exception that proves the rule. She is very nearly a constant while Tony Stewart is not.

The Berean
03-10-2014, 08:20 AM
I read that, the exception that proves the rule. She is very nearly a constant while Tony Stewart is not.

And consistency is the best practice in Nascar.

The Voice
03-10-2014, 11:58 AM
And consistency is the best practice in Nascar.

Sure if you like consistently finishing 30th.

The Berean
03-12-2014, 01:36 AM
21 = 30.

The Voice
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM
21 = 30.

33rd place average finish so far this year.

14 years of Major League Racing and 1 win so far. Hall of Fame stats for sure?:):):)

Anapeg
03-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Even you have to admit The Berean that her figure and good looks have done far more for her career than any steering wheel or fast car could ever have accomplish.

The Berean
03-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Even you have to admit The Berean that her figure and good looks have done far more for her career than any steering wheel or fast car could ever have accomplish.

Oh, absolutely, I fully agree. Of course, the argument falls a little flat if a picture of some buff driver with no shirt pops up anywhere.

No, I think she's doing OK, certainly better than some of the men. AND bringing money into the business. Her participation will encourage some woman someday to get involved, maybe some girl bigger and stronger and faster. Much to the chagrin of some chauvinists.

Aristotle
03-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg

Oh, absolutely, I fully agree.

Looking lustfully at another woman???

Igor
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg

Looking lustfully at another woman???

And you don't look at other women??? What do you enjoy looking at???

Aristotle
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
And you don't look at other women??? What do you enjoy looking at???

I realize you are upset your buddy is not having a good day, but relax.

I look at women. But Evans like Soundy take the Bible literally. It's quite a quandary they put themselves in.

The Berean
03-13-2014, 07:03 PM

I look at women. But Evans like Soundy take the Bible literally. It's quite a quandary they put themselves in.

Interesting. Thank you.

Aristotle
03-13-2014, 07:17 PM
So now that we are clear: Berean will define what sin is, and, luckily for him, the definition because much more lax when he is involved.

Convenient, that!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
03-13-2014, 08:38 PM
So now that we are clear: Berean will define what sin is, and, luckily for him, the definition because much more lax when he is involved.

Convenient, that!! :) :) :)

Thank you, keep it coming.

The Berean
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Thanks again.

Aristotle
03-14-2014, 11:25 AM
The entire Bible is not to be taken literally. Sorry if your pastor didn't tell you that. But, there is a good chance your next pastor will!

The Berean
03-14-2014, 04:22 PM
The entire Bible is not to be taken literally. Sorry if your pastor didn't tell you that. But, there is a good chance your next pastor will!

Sure.

Aristotle
03-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Sure.

Well it could happen. After all, the Bible says whatever you want it to say.

And congrats at being able to sin, but not having it be a sin.

The Berean
03-17-2014, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtXm5jO2E0Y

Indy car experience AND....

Women have quicker reaction times!!!

Anapeg
03-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Women have quicker reflexes? Your proof sir?

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tuBeLL0wg

Now this is the stuff of legends.

Danny Sullivan Spin and Win.

This is what car control looks like.

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Here's some perspective for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qml4IzNFA

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:08 PM
And some more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHjFNz1-U0

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:09 PM
And more; real car control happening here Ha Ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY-7b0oTJiU

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:12 PM
And even more. Love the first one she hit the kill switch to end her day PRICELESS> HA HA HA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzQHfLLyWU

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:15 PM
And More

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EU3_So3mVQ

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Ya she sure is popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pt5D9QoB20

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Like I said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAknwAqU6TU

The Voice
03-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Anybody else wrecked that many cars they would be out of a Ride.

Don't Worry Go-Daddy has lots of money for more cars. Too bad for the low budget teams that get caught up in her carnage.

The Berean
03-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Lots of misygonists out there. Lots of trolls hate a success, especially if it's a woman.

Quote from Richard Petty, "She's a great driver", later to say she needs to learn to race.

Given time, she might. And she remains better than quite a few.

The Voice
03-18-2014, 10:24 PM
She's NOT better than anyone, she's only driving better equipment.

Try showing me where shes had some success or try dropping it.

The Berean
03-18-2014, 11:02 PM
It's very simple. If she doesn't finish dead last, or when she's the top runner on her team (same equipment!!), then it's apparent that she has some talent. Will she ever be the best?? No, but she certainly isn't the worst.

The Voice
03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
It's very simple. If she doesn't finish dead last, or when she's the top runner on her team (same equipment!!), then it's apparent that she has some talent. Will she ever be the best?? No, but she certainly isn't the worst.

Here you go grasping at straws in an attempt to not be wrong.

It's OK to say you are wrong every once in a while.

BTW she wasn't the top runner on her team I am not sure where you got that from.

The Voice
03-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Lots of misygonists out there. Lots of trolls hate a success, especially if it's a woman.

Quote from Richard Petty, "She's a great driver", later to say she needs to learn to race.

Given time, she might. And she remains better than quite a few.

What I provided was Video Evidence perhaps you've heard the term the Video Doesn't LIE.

BTW: Richard Petty also said she will win a race the day the other drivers don't show up.

Like I said when you can supply some REAL EVIDENCE that she belongs in NASCAR please feel free to share it with us.

Igor
03-19-2014, 09:06 AM
If you don't try, you don't succeed!

The Berean
03-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Here you go grasping at straws in an attempt to not be wrong.

It's OK to say you are wrong every once in a while.

BTW she wasn't the top runner on her team I am not sure where you got that from.

A race or two back, she was.

I don't have a problem with being wrong sometimes. You just can't substantiate your apparent belief that she is the worst driver out there, equipment or no.

The Berean
03-19-2014, 09:30 AM
What I provided was Video Evidence perhaps you've heard the term the Video Doesn't LIE.

BTW: Richard Petty also said she will win a race the day the other drivers don't show up.

Like I said when you can supply some REAL EVIDENCE that she belongs in NASCAR please feel free to share it with us.

Suppose I provide real evidence that other drivers do worse??

Let me think. Didn't she take the pole somewhere??

The Berean
03-19-2014, 09:30 AM
If you don't try, you don't succeed!

Some people just don't want female drivers.

The Voice
03-20-2014, 06:34 PM
1 pole in 4+ years of racing. Hall of Fame stats no doubt. TOO FUNNY.

If you actually watched NASCAR which I still don't believe you do. You would know that at Daytona all the drivers follow the exact same line around the track with the gas pedal planted on the floor. Cloud cover and wind conditions have more to do with pole speed then driver talent does.

The Voice
03-20-2014, 06:46 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130712/nascar01/130719940

Here is a little more perspective for you.

In reality this guy going and her staying had NOTHING to do with ability.

Anapeg
03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
She is nowhere near as good as most, but she in not near as capable as some behind her. It is the fact she in in top money teams with class "A" equipment that is being used and operated below it's station due to her and her backers. Were the advertisers not so gun ho to back her she would be walkin' down the road kickin' stones talkin' to herself and holding that flimsy green bikini in her mitt, unemployed. Her being female, able to operate a stick shift and reach the pedals places her ahead of more capable men due to the fact she can generate more money, interest and pit passes than most men. Shirley Muldowney was a woman in a mans world who was capable of kicking male ass and did so with some regularity. Due to her record no man could ever discount her ability, not so with Miss Patrick.

The Berean
03-20-2014, 11:23 PM
1...at Daytona all the drivers follow the exact same line around the track with the gas pedal planted on the floor. Cloud cover and wind conditions have more to do with pole speed then driver talent does.

Yeah, most guys think they could do that.

The Berean
03-20-2014, 11:25 PM
She is nowhere near as good as most, but she in not near as capable as some behind her. It is the fact she in in top money teams with class "A" equipment that is being used and operated below it's station due to her and her backers. Were the advertisers not so gun ho to back her she would be walkin' down the road kickin' stones talkin' to herself and holding that flimsy green bikini in her mitt, unemployed. Her being female, able to operate a stick shift and reach the pedals places her ahead of more capable men due to the fact she can generate more money, interest and pit passes than most men. Shirley Muldowney was a woman in a mans world who was capable of kicking male ass and did so with some regularity. Due to her record no man could ever discount her ability, not so with Miss Patrick.

You can say she's the worst driver out there all day long, but you'd never be able to prove it.

The Berean
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLiyHW551k

I wasn't fully aware of the money involved, but this "unusual moments" video tells of a driver starting the race with NO pit crew, being pulled from the race by Nascar, and getting over 54,000 bucks for last place!!!

Anapeg
03-21-2014, 08:17 PM
You can say she's the worst driver out there all day long, but you'd never be able to prove it.

I am not now, nor have I ever stated she is the worst driver. I have said she stays where she is because she is female and not that good. Where she male, she would not have the ride she does enjoy to this day. She has her seat because of gender, not ability. She is about as good as she will ever be while the likes of a dork who happens to be a brilliant driver (Kurt Busch) and who will get even better with maturity can't land a ride like her's because of wrecks and a mouth with intermittent contact with his brain, is in substandard machinery.

The Voice
03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
I am not now, nor have I ever stated she is the worst driver. I have said she stays where she is because she is female and not that good. Where she male, she would not have the ride she does enjoy to this day. She has her seat because of gender, not ability. She is about as good as she will ever be while the likes of a dork who happens to be a brilliant driver (Kurt Busch) and who will get even better with maturity can't land a ride like her's because of wrecks and a mouth with intermittent contact with his brain, is in substandard machinery.

Kurt and Danica are teammates.

Just saying.

The Voice
03-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Just for the record I don't believe I ever said she was the worst driver either? Only that she isn't even the best woman just the best looking and way overrated and over exposed.

Anapeg
03-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Kurt and Danica are teammates.

Just saying.

My bad! Is he not the mouthy one that was fired a few times?

The Voice
03-21-2014, 10:07 PM
He has talked his way out of a couple of good rides. Last year he drove for the under funded Furniture Row and had a good season, this year he races for Stewart Haas and so far the results have not been good. He is getting outrun by Danica and people are starting to laugh.

The Voice
04-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Update: Kurt's won a race and danica still can't crack the top 30. Ha Ha Ha.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings/results/2014/toyota-owners-400.raceResults.results.html

The Berean
04-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Things can change for Kurt but not Danica??

Sure.

The Voice
05-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Sure.

2 top ten finishes and it's front page news.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series.html

Who finished 7th last week?

Barry Morris
05-16-2014, 03:16 PM
The "one of a kind" in any sport gets more attention!!

The Voice
08-10-2014, 09:03 AM
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-ns/news/milka-duno-to-make-nascar-nationwide-debut-later-this-year/

I sure this girl will be a bigger star than Danica. She is Prettier and has bigger B00B's

The Voice
11-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Season ending update.

Danica is way over rated.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings.html

Please Note that her teammate who is in his first year at SHR is the New Series Champion. And Danica is 28th, Heck that is an improvement.

hobo
01-14-2015, 10:32 AM
A little intrigue might help. http://www.sportsnet.ca/auto-racing/busch-says-ex-girlfriend-is-a-trained-assassin/

Anapeg
01-22-2015, 10:13 PM
A little intrigue might help. http://www.sportsnet.ca/auto-racing/busch-says-ex-girlfriend-is-a-trained-assassin/

That man is looking at bat **** crazy in his rear view mirror. Psycho dork.

Barry Morris
01-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Season ending update.

Danica is way over rated.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings.html

Please Note that her teammate who is in his first year at SHR is the New Series Champion. And Danica is 28th, Heck that is an improvement.

Call us when Danica is last.

Anapeg
01-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Call us when Danica is last.

She has had a few self inflicted DNF's in her career. She has tried wrecking (she has admitted the validity of this statement) others and wound up in the wall herself. She gets unwarranted publicity over higher ranking/placing drivers only because she is a she. I take nothing away from her but there are those out there who put a Hell of a lot behind her because she is female.

The Voice
02-05-2015, 09:25 PM

Sure.

Actually Berian Danica's Contract is about to expire we will see what happens then.

Barry Morris
02-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Actually Berian Danica's Contract is about to expire we will see what happens then.

Do let us know.

The Voice
02-09-2015, 10:24 PM
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/2/3/danica-patrick-make-or-break-season-contract-year-stewart-haas-godaddy.html

"one of the sports most popular drivers" Seriously; For what? Being pretty?

Barry Morris
02-10-2015, 11:24 AM
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/2/3/danica-patrick-make-or-break-season-contract-year-stewart-haas-godaddy.html

"one of the sports most popular drivers" Seriously; For what? Being pretty?

It's a business. If a pretty face brings in the bux, why not??

Now, if she always came in dead last, I might see your point. But she doesn't.

The Voice
04-19-2015, 01:13 PM
It's a business. If a pretty face brings in the bux, why not??

Now, if she always came in dead last, I might see your point. But she doesn't.

Status Update Danica still Sucks but not quite as much.

Barry Morris
04-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Status Update Danica still Sucks but not quite as much.

She does OK for the business. They are happy.

riggs
04-20-2015, 08:26 AM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstholeary.blogspot.com%2F2013%2F1 0%2Fis-nascar-fading-sport-or-dying-sport.html&ei=Ae80VdqSH4SEsAWwgoGwCg&usg=AFQjCNEHiTdJAmXAZW4f3aHizHRoJnftig

Barry Morris
04-20-2015, 12:22 PM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstholeary.blogspot.com%2F2013%2F1 0%2Fis-nascar-fading-sport-or-dying-sport.html&ei=Ae80VdqSH4SEsAWwgoGwCg&usg=AFQjCNEHiTdJAmXAZW4f3aHizHRoJnftig

He may be right. Too bad.