PDA

View Full Version : Help for Injured Pigeon

Quiddity
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
I am also posting this in the pet section but hoped to get a bit more notice here in Soapbox.

I have rescued a pigeon with an injured wing. I have been trying to find somewhere that might be able to take him in but so far no luck. Humane Society will put it down if it's injured, as far as I can tell, Cherished Wings is not operating anymore, I contacted Karen Johns as per a suggestion I received but she has too many animals right now.

So, if you know of someone who takes in injured birds and would be willing to post or message me their information, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

A*lil*Loopy
12-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I know that Dr. Craig Scott of Northland Animal Hospital cares for owls, etc...so maybe they might have an idea of where you can call. I have a friend who has a pigeon for a pet and I will ask if they want to take in an injured one. I will respond on here the moment they let me know.

Quiddity
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. If you could call your friend, I would really appreciate it. I will continue to look at options on my end. ;)

A*lil*Loopy
12-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I called and he has to discuss it with his wife. They have never had an injured bird or even a pet before their current pigeon who 'just moved in' and made herself at home. I may not get a reply from them until tomorrow.
In the meantime, you can feed the bird Quinoa or bird seed. I have been told I am not bringing another animal home although I wish I could help.

Quiddity
12-13-2013, 11:33 AM
You have already helped! I appreciate you taking the time to ask your friend and offer advise. So just regular Quinoa I buy at the store? We had some bird seed we use in our feeders so we have been giving him that. Thank you!!

A*lil*Loopy
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
My friend cannot take the pigeon. I wish I could help more. The regular quinoa is fine but so is bird seed. Pigeon should have access to sand or fine pebbles for digestion and of course water. They do make good pets and you can even buy diapers for them....strange but logical. I wish you luck and hopefully good karma will come back your way.

Quiddity
12-13-2013, 11:31 PM
That's ok, I know something will come up. For now, he is safe and warm and fed. We will keep looking! :)

Quiddity
12-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Good news, A*lil*Loopy, found him a home! He is getting picked up today! :)

A*lil*Loopy
12-16-2013, 11:51 AM
So glad to hear someone took him. Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.