PDA

View Full Version : Liquidation World (LW: Everybody's Outlet Store) CLOSING!

MFK
12-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Another loss for the residents of this city who have valued discount stores such as the Red Apple, the Bargain! Shop, Hart, and Field's. Liquidation World on Trunk Road is going out of business too. That's the store I buy my razor blades and my Cape Cod kettle-cooked chips from. I bought my new bed-in-a-bag from them too. Great store with great prices. We need these kind of stores in the Sault, especially seeing as the economy here is not improving. More jobs lost as well. How unfortunate. :(

lynys
12-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Is it closing because it's not making enough money?

If so, then no loss. Clearly it wasn't profiting anyway.

Official Cat of Soonet
12-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Another loss for the residents of this city who have valued discount stores such as the Red Apple, the Bargain! Shop, Hart, and Field's. Liquidation World on Trunk Road is going out of business too. That's the store I buy my razor blades and my Cape Cod kettle-cooked chips from. I bought my new bed-in-a-bag from them too. Great store with great prices. We need these kind of stores in the Sault, especially seeing as the economy here is not improving. More jobs lost as well. How unfortunate. :(

It had Walmart prices or higher. These stores don't last because they aren't actually bargains.

Asparas
12-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Is it closing because it's not making enough money?

If so, then no loss. Clearly it wasn't profiting anyway.

It's not right to say no loss. Maybe no loss to you or me, but there were some that bought from there. Mostly it's a loss to those who were employed there.

Huggy85
12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
It's not just the Sault store that's closing. It's another example of a Canadian chain that's bought by Americans only to be closed by them. Having aid that, without the buy out by Big Lots, LW would have closed a long time ago.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/big-lots-liquidation-world-stores-to-close-as-company-leaves-canada-1.1580185

The Freq
12-17-2013, 12:33 PM

Sad to see another chain of stores go. More jobs gone is not a good thing. I shopped there often and will miss the bargains. It's hard to compete with 2 Walmarts but even the mall Walmart isn't doing that great.

Official Cat of Soonet
12-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Sad to see another chain of stores go. More jobs gone is not a good thing. I shopped there often and will miss the bargains. It's hard to compete with 2 Walmarts but even the mall Walmart isn't doing that great.

The Compton Walmart