PDA

View Full Version : Printer.

Bob Toe
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi Folks;
I am going to be in the market for a new printer, that will copy, print, scan and fax. I want it to produce good quality prints but not cost me a fortune in ink cartridges.
Any ideas? I have to wait for my income tax refund so I'm looking at March/14. I usually go to Staples so will be watching their ads.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Barry Morris
01-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Get the best product, and then get refills at 123inkcartridges. They work well, and much cheaper.

Hans
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM
If you don't want to spend a fortune on ink cartridges you have 2 options:

- Buy a color laser all in one printer.
- Buy the cheapest all in one printer that is on sale every time you run out of ink.

I used to do option #2 for a long time, but realized a mountain of printers with empty cartridges was not the way to go in the long run.
I got a color laser and never looked back.

Bill Nash
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Print cartridges are cheaper at WalMart across the ditch by about 15%, ... try them and follow Han's option #2,.....

riggs
01-28-2014, 11:45 AM
To replace the black, cyan, yellow and magenta ink cartridges on my all-in-one inkjet costs about $75 at Staples.

I bought 8 black, 4 cyan, 4 yellow and 4 magenta online for $26. New cartridges. Sealed / vacuum packed. Don't expire until 2015 (I bought them in 2012).

The same ink at Staples would have cost about $400.

Whatever unit you buy, and I'm not going to bother endorsing any, buy your ink/toner on ebay.

I knew it was cheaper, but didn't realize it was such a significant difference.

Bluesky
01-31-2014, 10:11 AM
Speaking of printers, which colour laser prints the best quality colour and yet is fairly cheap?
(yeah yeah, I know.. quality and cheap in the same sentence yada yada)

Hans
01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
That depends on what you are looking for.
Don't just look at the price, also look at what toners actually come with it and the lifespan of the drum and fuser.

They often rip you off the same way as with inkjet printers: give you "starter" toners that have a lifespan less than half of the regular toners.
And these days it is always a good idea to check the manufacturers support page and see how often they do driver and firmware updates for the printer you are looking at.