PDA

View Full Version : What when wrong?

Igor
02-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Can we say that Canada is just better? Makes one wonder how the NHL for the American teams would be if it were only American born players on their teams?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/68212850/the-bronze-medal-olympic-hockey-match-told-us-a-lot-about-team-usa

Igor
02-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Sorry about that thread title. Don't know how to fix when to went.

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 09:19 AM
"when"

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Can we say that Canada is just better?

You can. And I can say the sky is brown. Both statements share this quality: they are wrong.

Makes one wonder how the NHL for the American teams would be if it were only American born players on their teams?

Americans are leading your beloved Leafs.

riggs
03-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Can we say that Canada is just better?

You can. And I can say the sky is brown. Both statements share this quality: they are wrong.

Makes one wonder how the NHL for the American teams would be if it were only American born players on their teams?

Americans are leading your beloved Leafs.

You mean the ones playing in the "epic collapse" game?

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 11:08 AM
You mean the ones playing in the "epic collapse" game?

the only epic collapse game in recent history was Canada/Russia at the WJC a few years ago.

Kessel and JVR lead the Leafs in points.

Good Ol' American guys.

That's gotta' hurt.

The Berean
03-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Ancient history.

As they say, that was then, this is now!!

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Ancient history.

As they say, that was then, this is now!!

The fact Kessel and JVR are leading Toronto in scoring today is "ancient history"?

Igor
03-03-2014, 02:20 PM
"when"

?? When ??

riggs
03-03-2014, 04:10 PM
the only epic collapse game in recent history was Canada/Russia at the WJC a few years ago.

You may want to rethink your answer. Your first clue is Toronto/Boston and the second is a certain women's gold medal game. Come to think of it, you're right. There are a lot of American players involved in these "epic collapses"

riggs
03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Nothing went wrong. The better team won in both cases. The women put on a clinic in heart and determination while the men put on a clinic in a defensive team effort second to none..................ever

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
You may want to rethink your answer. Your first clue is Toronto/Boston and the second is a certain women's gold medal game. Come to think of it, you're right. There are a lot of American players involved in these "epic collapses"

The US women losing a game 3-2, in which they were leading 2-0, is an epic collapse on the scale of Canada's meltdown to Russia at the WJC?

It's not even close!

Canada blew a 5-1 lead in the third period...that's not only the biggest choke in hockey history, it's one of the biggest chokes in all of sports, period!

Congrats ...I guess

Aristotle
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
while the men put on a clinic in a defensive team effort second to none..................ever

http://img.pandawhale.com/24883-Plants-vs-Zombies-Peashooter-2fbJ.gif

riggs
03-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Quit laughing at the American's inability to score. They'll have another chance in 2018 and 2022...... to at least medal....................lol

riggs
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
The US women losing a game 3-2, in which they were leading 2-0, is an epic collapse on the scale of Canada's meltdown to Russia at the WJC?

Even worse...........it was for Olympic gold............better luck in 2018/2022......ect...

riggs
03-03-2014, 05:43 PM
You're angry but I understand. You believed you were coming home with 2 Olympic gold medals in hockey. Instead you came home with 1 silver and a whole lotta shame.......lol

Igor
03-03-2014, 06:02 PM

Is that bait breath?????

Igor
03-03-2014, 06:04 PM
No matter what, CANADA won more gold and CANADA beat USA in both hockey games!!!!

Aristotle
03-04-2014, 02:33 PM
The last five WJCs are way more indicative of where each country stands as far as the future of hockey is concerned.

The USA is standing on the mountain top....Canada, not so much :) :) :)

riggs
03-04-2014, 03:19 PM
The last five WJCs are way more indicative of where each country stands as far as the future of hockey is concerned.

The USA is standing on the mountain top....Canada, not so much :) :) :)

And here I was thinking the top of the mountain was Olympic Gold.

Igor
03-04-2014, 03:24 PM

It is! It would have been had the USA won. Just like a child who changes the rules to suit.

Aristotle
03-04-2014, 06:16 PM

If that is the case then it is a joke Canada has called hockey "our game", because the Russians had more Gold over the last three decades.

Sir, you've been hoisted by your own petard! :) :) :)

Aristotle
03-04-2014, 06:17 PM
It is! It would have been had the USA won. Just like a child who changes the rules to suit.

your anger is palpable.

Igor
03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
your anger is palpable.

Your jealousy is palpable!!!

Aristotle
03-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry, much as I try I can't be jealous of a hockey nation in decline.

Anna Noyance
03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Persistent!

The Voice
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
In your Face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

riggs
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry, much as I try I can't be jealous of a hockey nation in decline.

You're right. 3 gold's in the last 4 Olympics (men's) and 4 consecutive gold's (women's) is a terrible decline...

riggs
03-05-2014, 09:44 PM
In your Face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

LOL...

riggs
03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
If that is the case then it is a joke Canada has called hockey "our game", because the Russians had more Gold over the last three decades.

Sir, you've been hoisted by your own petard! :) :) :)

3 decades? Why stop there? Let's look at the over all picture.....Since 1920............America has 2 gold, Soviet Union has 6 and Canada has 9

We Win....................again

The Voice
03-05-2014, 10:16 PM
3 decades? Why stop there? Let's look at the over all picture.....Since 1920............America has 2 gold, Soviet Union has 6 and Canada has 9

We Win....................again

DOUBLE DOUBLE!!!

In Your Face Birdman IN YOUR FACE!!!

Igor
03-05-2014, 10:44 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE!!!

In Your Face Birdman IN YOUR FACE!!!

What he says!!!! :):):)

Aristotle
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Lots of anger on this thread. It is obvious Canada's decline in hockey has taken a great toll

The Voice
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM
That's not anger it's gloating.

Your denial is epic.

Anna Noyance
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Lots of anger on this thread. It is obvious Canada's decline in hockey has taken a great toll

The only anger on this thread is coming from you! Why would we be angry? Canada outdid USA! That's all there is to it!
Canada can be ever so proud to have bested your HUGE supposedly epic country! :) You are most amusing Ari!

riggs
03-07-2014, 03:31 PM

And it's all yours...........suck it up princess. You have another shot in 2018 to get your third gold in a century.............lol

Igor
03-07-2014, 05:15 PM
And it's all yours...........suck it up princess. You have another shot in 2018 to get your third gold in a century.............lol

:):):):)....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aristotle
03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
As the WJC shows (a better indicator of where a country's future is), the USA and Russia have left Canada in the dust. One would normally feel bad for a country in such bad shape, but the world certainly does not feel bad for Canada, as Canadian arrogance makes them a pariah in the hockey world. The ENTIRE HOCKEY WORLD cheers against Canada, not because Canada is a hockey threat anymore, because the WJC shows you certainly are not, but because Canadians have been so classless during their country's decline as a hockey power.

Weep for Canada: from Hockey Power to Hockey Sour in such short order.

The title of this thread is very appropriate. Where did it all go wrong, Canada?

PS...I am not reading any responses on this thread, so if this reply does not address any questions, etc, my sincere apology. It's just that, well, watching you squirm in your denial so, it's just very,very hard to watch.

Anna Noyance
03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
As the WJC shows (a better indicator of where a country's future is), the USA and Russia have left Canada in the dust. One would normally feel bad for a country in such bad shape, but the world certainly does not feel bad for Canada, as Canadian arrogance makes them a pariah in the hockey world. The ENTIRE HOCKEY WORLD cheers against Canada, not because Canada is a hockey threat anymore, because the WJC shows you certainly are not, but because Canadians have been so classless during their country's decline as a hockey power.

The title of this thread is very appropriate. Where did it all go wrong, Canada?

PS...I am not reading any responses on this thread, so if this reply does not address any questions, etc, my sincere apology. It's just that, well, watching you squirm in your denial so, it's just very,very hard to watch.

Really! How much did you squirm during the Olympics?

riggs
03-07-2014, 07:25 PM

Move the goal post all you like..........The USA still couldn't score

The Voice
03-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Move the goal post all you like..........The USA still couldn't score

They couldn't hardly get the puck into our end.

The Voice
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
We owned you Birdman and you've got 4 more years to wallow in it till you get a shot at us again.

Anything you say is just background noise.

Because WE WON the GOLD MEDAL YOU DIDN'T WIN IT WE DID!

IN YOUR FACE Birdman.

Aristotle
03-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Was downstate for the weekend at a hockey game. While there, one couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ...oops, sorry,forgot where I was for a second...here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

...how the great sportsmanship and talent of the two American teams made the current Canadian debacle even more sad. Here we Americans are, taking over a sport most Americans don't care about, yet doing it with class and grace, while Canada fumbles and stumbles into ever greater hockey decline. One can't help but feel intervening feelings of empathy for how hard Canada is taking all this. It's like all the Prozac in the world can't help Canadians through this ugly period. So very, very sad to witness.

Again, I don't read any other responses on this thread, so please don't feel neglected or rejected if you sent queries my way and I did not respond. I feel the best way to help you guys through this ugly decline as a hockey power is to let you sort it out among yourselves, whilst I interject occasional pearls of wisdom, hopefully helping the process.

Best regards, I am sure it's not easy.

Westender 3
03-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Was downstate for the weekend at a hockey game. While there, one couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ...oops, sorry,forgot where I was for a second...here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

...how the great sportsmanship and talent of the two American teams made the current Canadian debacle even more sad. Here we Americans are, taking over a sport most Americans don't care about, yet doing it with class and grace, while Canada fumbles and stumbles into ever greater hockey decline. One can't help but feel intervening feelings of empathy for how hard Canada is taking all this. It's like all the Prozac in the world can't help Canadians through this ugly period. So very, very sad to witness.

Again, I don't read any other responses on this thread, so please don't feel neglected or rejected if you sent queries my way and I did not respond. I feel the best way to help you guys through this ugly decline as a hockey power is to let you sort it out among yourselves, whilst I interject occasional pearls of wisdom, hopefully helping the process.

Translation,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/buzzolasoo/XAdYwFs_zpsa5cc29b7.gif

riggs
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM

There's only two things you need to remember. 1.) You lost to us....... 2.) we won gold................again

Man up and live with the loss. All your whining is expected, yet unbecoming.

Igor
03-10-2014, 08:58 AM
There's only two things you need to remember. 1.) You lost to us....... 2.) we won gold................again

Man up and live with the loss. All your whining is expected, yet unbecoming.

The whining is tolerable. It's that excuse making! :) :) :)

The Voice
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
In your face birdman!!!!

riggs
03-10-2014, 12:18 PM
The whining is tolerable. It's that excuse making! :) :) :)

The only logical excuse is not an excuse at all.......Team Canada out played their teams and they won...........again

The Voice
03-10-2014, 12:54 PM
We won you lost suck it up buttercup.

STOP trying to dish it out if you are not going to be a good sport about taking it.

That Said;

In you face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!

Aristotle
03-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Just checking in to see if everyone is having a better day today. Hopefully Canada's decline in hockey is being accepted better today that it was yesterday. Hopefully each day gets a little bit better.

By the way, I don't read any other responses on here, so please do not feel offended if I do not answer any query you may have put forth.

riggs
03-10-2014, 01:31 PM
By the way, I don't read any other responses on here, so please do not feel offended if I do not answer any query you may have put forth.

After your teams expectations, I wouldn't either.

The Voice
03-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Just checking in to see if everyone is having a better day today. Hopefully Canada's decline in hockey is being accepted better today that it was yesterday. Hopefully each day gets a little bit better.

We could tell we were having a decline in hockey by the Way we handed your A$$ to you during the Olympics.

We WON you LOST. Face Reality.

In your face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!

Barry Morris
03-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Ari only comes to post that he doesn't read?? Makes you wonder why there's a response at all.

Unless.... :) :) :)

The Berean
03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
...Man up and live with the loss. ....

:) :) :)

Anna Noyance
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Ari only comes to post that he doesn't read?? Makes you wonder why there's a response at all.

Unless.... :) :) :)

We know he reads it all! Every last word!

Aristotle
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
more sad news for a country in decline:

The future looks bleak for Canadian minor hockey

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/2012/01/04/the_future_looks_bleak_for_canadian_minor_hockey.h tml

This is not good, obviously. I do not mean to pile on, but it is best if you face this head-on.

It will be a tragedy of untold proportions once Canadians finally admit their days as a hockey power are over (even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game"). Canadians like to define themselves by hockey. Needless to say,that will have to change, quickly.

I suppose what's left is to define yourselves by curling. Is it as good as hockey?Of course not, but, hey, it's better than being defined by, oh, I don't know, the RCMP I suppose.

Sure, 99.99999% of the world could care less about curling; but so what?!?! A few people in Iceland care; rumor has it four families in Sweden care;and,dammit, the best curlers in the world come from the Soo!

Let's make the best out of Canada's decline as a hockey power!!

The Berean
03-10-2014, 08:20 PM
We know he reads it all! Every last word!

Yup!!! :) :) :)

The Voice
03-10-2014, 08:37 PM
more sad news for a country in decline:

The future looks bleak for Canadian minor hockey

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/2012/01/04/the_future_looks_bleak_for_canadian_minor_hockey.h tml

This is not good, obviously. I do not mean to pile on, but it is best if you face this head-on.

It will be a tragedy of untold proportions once Canadians finally admit their days as a hockey power are over (even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game"). Canadians like to define themselves by hockey. Needless to say,that will have to change, quickly.

I suppose what's left is to define yourselves by curling. Is it as good as hockey?Of course not, but, hey, it's better than being defined by, oh, I don't know, the RCMP I suppose.

Sure, 99.99999% of the world could care less about curling; but so what?!?! A few people in Iceland care; rumor has it four families in Sweden care;and,dammit, the best curlers in the world come from the Soo!

Let's make the best out of Canada's decline as a hockey power!!

Wahhh Wahhh IN YOUR FACE !

Knock Knock! Who's There? GOLD MEDAL IN SOCHI! SQUARED!

The Voice
03-10-2014, 08:40 PM
KNOCK KNOCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNVS0wgXm3s

riggs
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game")

We know how important it is to you to "take our game" but wouldn't you want to talk about this AFTER WINNING 2 gold medals and not after failed expectations?