PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Barry Morris
05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
http://www.wimp.com/misconceptionsuniverse/

Hans
05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
More scientific theory that the universe was created without the assistance of a being.

Barry Morris
05-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Think about that word "created' just a minute, and realize what it means.

Then rephrase.

dancingqueen
05-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Okay, so more scientific theory that the universe simply exists, I don't think anyone really denies that....
So exactly what kind of thought is this food for?

Barry Morris
05-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Food for thought if we think about "Why?"

Hans
05-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Think about that word "created' just a minute, and realize what it means.

Then rephrase.

Created by an event, not a being.

Hans
05-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Food for thought if we think about "Why?"

Why do you insist there has to be a why?
Maybe there is no why?

Barry Morris
05-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Created by an event, not a being.

That only backs it up a step!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Why do you insist there has to be a why?
Maybe there is no why?

I suppose you have faith that this is so.

The Left Sock
05-30-2014, 05:14 AM
Speculation does not require 'faith' - it requires an open mind, which is the exact opposite of 'faith'.

Barry Morris
05-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Speculation does not require 'faith' - it requires an open mind, which is the exact opposite of 'faith'.

I HAVE speculated that the universe just "popped" out of nothing!!

Seems to me that took more faith than I will ever have!!!

The Left Sock
05-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Faith is the killing of curiosity. Curiosity is what leads to real revelations. Curiosity is what drives science. Science is what drives religion nuts, because religion doesn't want curiosity - at least not after conversion. Then it just wants obedience. No more questions to answer. Nothing to think about. Just faith, from that point on.

Barry Morris
05-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Faith is the killing of curiosity. Curiosity is what leads to real revelations. Curiosity is what drives science. Science is what drives religion nuts, because religion doesn't want curiosity - at least not after conversion. Then it just wants obedience. No more questions to answer. Nothing to think about. Just faith, from that point on.

Close. Religion is the killing of curiosity, not faith, Though many people accuse the religion of Roman Catholicism of just wanting obediance, not curiosity, not to many realize that Galileo REMAINED a Christian. And he was certainly curious.

There havebeen many curious Christians over the centuries, There is no reason whatsoever to believe that to investigate and research scientific truth demands the rejection of one's belief in God.