PDA

View Full Version : Do You Watch TV After Work?

Aristotle
07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
You had such good intentions for when you got home from work: go to the gym, call a friend and sort out that paperwork.

But after a hard day in the office you ended up slumped on the sofa in front of the television instead.

If you feel bad about it you’re not alone - scientists have discovered that watching television at the end of a long day can make you feel guilty and like a failure.

The study, published in the Journal of Communication, found that people who were highly stressed after work did not feel relaxed or recovered when they watched TV or played computer games.

Instead they had high levels of guilt and feelings of failure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/watching-tv-after-work-makes-you-feel-guilty-and-like-a-failure-9626840.html

Aristotle
07-25-2014, 10:14 AM
What happens to you when you're off all summer playing games and watching TV?!! :)

All that means is you figured out a way to have summers off and still get paid.

Oh, and by the way, our merit pay was in today's check, which means not only did I get paid for having summer off, I got a bonus for it, too!

Aristotle
07-25-2014, 10:31 AM
How many days left on the back to school countdown now

Did you really say "back to school"????

REALLY????

What do you do for fun,walk around hospitals and slap sick patients???

Your cruelty knows no bounds!!!!!

Aristotle
07-25-2014, 10:34 AM
what have you done so far with your holidays?

We report back August 24, for three days of training,then reality comes back with a vengeance September 2nd.

As for what I've done,well, have spent a lot of time between beaches in Brimley and Salt Point (about 15 miles east of Whitefish Pt), where family has cabins (or cottages,whatever they are called here).

Also spent a week out at San Diego. Man, what a beautiful area. It would take little coaxing to get me to live out there.

Aristotle
07-25-2014, 10:35 AM
LOL, I was under the impression that you loved your job so much that you couldn't wait to get back!! :) :) :)

If this is one of my administrators, then the answer is YES

The Left Sock
07-25-2014, 12:02 PM
If I had to watch Dutch or German TV after a hard day, I'd probably start fantasizing about stepping in front of a bus.

It's all relative.

IMHO
07-25-2014, 12:25 PM
All you get in the summer are summer fill in shows and those confounded repeats. One go round with Dr. Phil is enough !!!!!!!!

A*lil*Loopy
08-02-2014, 02:20 PM
During the summer months we disconnect our satellite. No tv with the exception of a movie if the weather is intolerable. Amazing how it pushes you off of the sofa and get you outside doing other things.
It has been our yearly practice for over 10 years and seems to be welcomed every summer. After 10 hour work days I love going home to work outside, the feeling of accomplishment is pretty awesome when you see something finished.

Anapeg
08-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I rarely watch TV after anything, documentaries and the History channel excepted. Seems such a waste of time while there are jobs that need be tended to or books to read or people to speak with. My imagination and a good book take me places no TV or movie theatre could ever reach.