PDA

View Full Version : March for Climate leaves Mounds of Trash

Bluesky
09-22-2014, 10:34 PM
http://gothamist.com/2014/09/22/climate_march_trash.php

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByEu8SAIUAA5VNj.jpg

Barry Morris
09-22-2014, 10:53 PM
"There is also the possibility that the trash wasn't left by the activists but other passersby not involved in the march, most of whom are probably agents provocateurs employed by the New York Post."

Thank you.

Anapeg
09-23-2014, 10:37 AM
"There is also the possibility that the trash wasn't left by the activists but other passersby not involved in the march, most of whom are probably agents provocateurs employed by the New York Post."

Thank you.

So others sauntered by deliberately hauling trash to toss thus casting marchers in a bad light? Really?

The Left Sock
09-23-2014, 03:58 PM
From what I understand, large American cities have adopted the practice of removing trash cans from areas where large events are held, due to the incident at the Boston Marathon. Apparently, they are considered good places to hide bombs.

So, you end up with a huge cleanup at the end of these events. Doesn't matter who is involved, the garbage has no place to go.

Anapeg
09-23-2014, 04:09 PM
From what I understand, large American cities have adopted the practice of removing trash cans from areas where large events are held, due to the incident at the Boston Marathon. Apparently, they are considered good places to hide bombs.

So, you end up with a huge cleanup at the end of these events. Doesn't matter who is involved, the garbage has no place to go.

Interesting point, I would never have considered it on my own. When one is so far removed from such antics the obvious escapes I would guess.

The Left Sock
09-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, people who have a bug in their bonnet over environmental activism will grab onto anything negative they can find to paint them in a bad light. Reality doesn't seem to matter much, as long as the negative message gets out there.

Anapeg
09-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Negativity elicits a much stronger response when opposed to positivity. Human nature makes us comfortable when others share our dislikes. All this aside, "green" activists might come better prepared I would think.

riggs
09-23-2014, 05:58 PM

Ireland has done this in their larger cities for decades for the above reason you pointed out.

Barry Morris
09-23-2014, 11:29 PM
And it's entirely possible that the trash left was way less than a similar size crowd might leave behind.