PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the Silence

Barry Morris
10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/09/13692/

"Every same-sex family can only exist by manipulating nature. Behind the happy fašade of many families headed by same-sex couples, we see relationships that are built from brokenness. They represent covenants broken, love abandoned, and responsibilities crushed. They are built on betrayal, lies, and deep wounds."

The Left Sock
10-03-2014, 02:29 PM
One minute you're posting about a humane pastor who is trying to take a loving approach to issues like this, and now you post a horror story about evil gay marriages.

What is this, a cry for help or something?

Barry Morris
10-03-2014, 05:23 PM
One minute you're posting about a humane pastor who is trying to take a loving approach to issues like this, and now you post a horror story about evil gay marriages.

Is that an insult? :) :) :)

Just posting a little truth, that these situations are not as pretty as some would like.

The Left Sock
10-03-2014, 05:29 PM
The 'little truth' I see here is that people of the Christian faith are all over the map on these issues. It's total chaos out there.

You would think that people following a book of 'absolute truth' written by an 'infinite being', with 'infinite depth', would manage to get on the same page with big ticket items like this.

Fact is, nobody seems to know what is going on.

dancingqueen
10-03-2014, 05:36 PM

It's a cry for something... I wouldn't call it help though.
Sokay, I know I'm not biting.

Barry Morris
10-04-2014, 09:48 AM
The 'little truth' I see here is that people of the Christian faith are all over the map on these issues. It's total chaos out there.

You would think that people following a book of 'absolute truth' written by an 'infinite being', with 'infinite depth', would manage to get on the same page with big ticket items like this.

Fact is, nobody seems to know what is going on.

You just show your lack of understanding about human nature, and the self centered sin that the bible speaks clearly about.

As we try to understand the infinite, there are bound to be some differences of opinion. If you concentrat on those instead of what Christians DO agree on, you might think there's a case for chaos, however weak.

And naturally, it occurs to me that most religions have several variations. Even Buddhists.

The Left Sock
10-04-2014, 11:49 AM
"You just show your lack of understanding about human nature"

So now it's not just Christians I don't understand, it's the whole human race!

Don't look at the message, Barry - just keep on attacking the messenger.

The Left Sock
10-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Apparently, the confusion and contradiction in contemporary Christian thought has triggered some Christian groups to tackle the problem head-on.

An example: http://gospelway.com/bible/religious_confusion.php

But I don't know what I'm talking about, right?

Barry Morris
10-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Apparently, the confusion and contradiction in contemporary Christian thought has triggered some Christian groups to tackle the problem head-on.

An example: http://gospelway.com/bible/religious_confusion.php

But I don't know what I'm talking about, right?

From that site:
"Does division occur because the Bible contradicts itself or cannot be understood? Is it caused by ignorance, lack of Bible study, human religious authority, and man-made creeds? What does God's word say?"

And I suppose they go on to give their interpretation as to what God's word says.

Tell you what, I'll continue to trust God, and leave the division, lack of bible study and man made creeds to others.

Because I believe the submissive, child like heart trumps ALL these problems.

Sorry if you feel that's condescending!! :) :) :)

The Left Sock
10-04-2014, 12:32 PM
"And I suppose they go on to give their interpretation as to what God's word says."

Wow, you're so far down the bunny trail, you don't even trust other Christians!

If you took the time to look, you would see they only employ biblical quotes to make their points.

Barry Morris
10-04-2014, 12:34 PM
"And I suppose they go on to give their interpretation as to what God's word says."

Wow, you're so far down the bunny trail, you don't even trust other Christians!

If you took the time to look, you would see they only employ biblical quotes to make their points.

I've seen lots of that before. Trust in God is more important.