PDA

View Full Version : We suck!

Anapeg
10-28-2014, 04:06 PM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.macleans.ca%2Fgeneral%2Fcanad a-ranks-worst-in-developed-world-on-climate-policy-european-report%2F&ei=wPZPVNXtNZWwyASvvYL4CA&usg=AFQjCNFsnA9IeFBTJCnHZWAUbEIrXMEpeg&sig2=c4piKpTUdvgw8XlU6x2OgQ&bvm=bv.78597519,d.aWw

RW would have a hay day with this little tid bit. We are behind places like the Ukraine. On a positive note it would seem we are at par with the former USSR. There is something to be proud of.

Anapeg
10-28-2014, 06:04 PM
No, each one is progressively longer but no one goes away forever. His is not so much based on thoughts as it is to illicit a response. He types something to see what happens and his minions rise to the bait time and again. Soonets version of Peyton Place.

Barry Morris
10-28-2014, 06:40 PM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.macleans.ca%2Fgeneral%2Fcanad a-ranks-worst-in-developed-world-on-climate-policy-european-report%2F&ei=wPZPVNXtNZWwyASvvYL4CA&usg=AFQjCNFsnA9IeFBTJCnHZWAUbEIrXMEpeg&sig2=c4piKpTUdvgw8XlU6x2OgQ&bvm=bv.78597519,d.aWw

RW would have a hay day with this little tid bit. We are behind places like the Ukraine. On a positive note it would seem we are at par with the former USSR. There is something to be proud of.

"However the reportís heavy weighting on policy direction will provide plenty of fuel for skeptics."

Yup.

China ranked 43, Canada ranked 55???

Sure.

Anapeg
10-28-2014, 07:08 PM
"However the report’s heavy weighting on policy direction will provide plenty of fuel for skeptics."

Yup.

China ranked 43, Canada ranked 55???

Sure.

I don't write 'em, I just highlight 'em! By the criteria they published under one has to assume it fair and true.

The Left Sock
10-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Harper and his crew have no real interest in climate change; in fact, many Conservative MP's don't even believe in global warming. And they are calling the shots on Canada's environmental policy.

And then you have regular people, like some here on boards like this, who turn a blind eye to mountains of evidence, and continue to deny global warming as man-made, or a real threat to the world.

So, you end up with Canada, sitting in the global community, looking like backwards donkeys. Kind of like the way the world looked at the US, when Georgie-boy was running the show.

So, all you right-wing deniers of global warming, stand up and give yourselves a round of applause. You have managed to make us look worse than China, when dealing with climate issues.

Barry Morris
10-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Harper and his crew have no real interest in climate change; in fact, many Conservative MP's don't even believe in global warming. And they are calling the shots on Canada's environmental policy.

And then you have regular people, like some here on boards like this, who turn a blind eye to mountains of evidence, and continue to deny global warming as man-made, or a real threat to the world.

So, you end up with Canada, sitting in the global community, looking like backwards donkeys. Kind of like the way the world looked at the US, when Georgie-boy was running the show.

So, all you right-wing deniers of global warming, stand up and give yourselves a round of applause. You have managed to make us look worse than China, when dealing with climate issues.

Sock, you have swallowed this rhetoric hook line and sinker!!

And I BELIEVE is global warming!!!!!

:) :) :)

KDawg
10-28-2014, 08:42 PM

According to Weather Channel co-founder John Coleman, however, there is no scientific proof that supports man-made climate change.

"It's very difficult for anybody to be against it because the media has told the nation day after day for 20 years that the oceans are rising, the polar bears are dying, the ice is melting, that storms are going to sweep the Earth and we're all going to die of a heat wave," Coleman said.
He added that he's not alone in doubting the science behind man-made climate change: 9,000 experts with PhD's and 31 scientists have signed a petition stating that carbon dioxide is not a significant greenhouse gas and that much of the research behind climate change is "bad, bad science."
http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/10/27/weather-channel-co-founder-john-coleman-climate-change-myth

Mountains of evidence, my ass.

The Voice
10-28-2014, 09:00 PM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/10/27/weather-channel-co-founder-john-coleman-climate-change-myth

Mountains of evidence, my ass.

That's what I said.

Upper Decker
10-29-2014, 09:50 AM
How about instead of quoting biased news agencies for this, why not go and actually read the whitepapers on these subjects from accredited institutions? You know papers written using proper scientific method and analysis to come to a conclusion.

You have to be utterly retarded to think that the way humans are treating this planet isn't going to have a permanent and adverse affect on it. The good news, this planet has had many mass extinction level events and it continued to go on and repair itself. Hopefully next time it springs up life with a complex brain it wont be so useless for the better part.

Kdawg - that link provides nothing but anecdotal evidence by someone who more than likely received a cheque to say that

KDawg
10-29-2014, 08:35 PM
You have to be utterly retarded to think that the way humans are treating this planet isn't going to have a permanent and adverse affect on it.

Kdawg - that link provides nothing but anecdotal evidence by someone who more than likely received a cheque to say that
Maybe, but I think one would have to be utterly retarded to think our sun's activity doesn't have the greatest effect on earth's climate, by many magnitudes above anything else.

So the politicians that want to save us from ourselves by taxing us into oblivion, can shove their carbon taxes up their collective ass. I don't buy it.

riggs
10-29-2014, 09:01 PM
You have to be utterly retarded to think that the way humans are treating this planet isn't going to have a permanent and adverse affect on it.

Anyone believing we aren't causing serious damage is simply being controversial. Whether or not the damage is permanent will depend on how many millions of years after our extinction it will have to repair itself.
I believe people would show more concern if the powers to be didn't undermine the effort with greed.

Aristotle
11-11-2014, 05:49 PM
No doubt he is sitting there reading this and wishing he could type his thoughts.
Is he banished forever and ever? lol

What is there to add? I've cited this fact numerous times in the past.

Anapeg
11-11-2014, 06:17 PM
What is there to add? I've cited this fact numerous times in the past.

Someone needed pick up the slack while you languished.

Aristotle
11-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Someone needed pick up the slack while you languished.

Were you called a Canada-hater?

Anapeg
11-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Were you called a Canada-hater?

Not yet. I agree we need acknowledge our faux pas' but disagree rubbing our noses in it. There is a lot to be said for civility and allowing your opponent up when he is down. You can "win" without embarrassing. If you prefer the dogs not snap at your heels, allow them to save face. You may well win the skirmish but your absences are proof you do not win the war. We are after all, very nearly indistinguishable one from the other and tend to be somewhat guilty of similar indiscretions.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Not yet. I agree we need acknowledge our faux pas' but disagree rubbing our noses in it. There is a lot to be said for civility and allowing your opponent up when he is down. You can "win" without embarrassing. If you prefer the dogs not snap at your heels, allow them to save face. You may well win the skirmish but your absences are proof you do not win the war. We are after all, very nearly indistinguishable one from the other and tend to be somewhat guilty of similar indiscretions.

...yet I get banned for them.

Let's not forget that little double-standard.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Oh, and make no mistake about it, I win the war. Look how many posts mentioned me while I was gone! :) :) :)

Anapeg
11-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Oh, and make no mistake about it, I win the war. Look how many posts mentioned me while I was gone! :) :) :)

All well and good if it is notoriety you seek. Personally I look to exchanging ideas. To each, their own.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Don't limit yourself to just one option!

Anapeg
11-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't limit yourself to just one option!

I was raised with Dr. Spock and ought to have remembered, always give a child a choice so they make their own choice. It never occurred I might benefit from the same advice, thank you.

Barry Morris
11-12-2014, 12:56 PM
...yet I get banned for them.

Let's not forget that little double-standard.

Not what I heard.

I suggest you leave this alone.

Completely.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Relax

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I was raised with Dr. Spock and ought to have remembered, always give a child a choice so they make their own choice. It never occurred I might benefit from the same advice, thank you.

Live long and prosper

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/mr-spock.jpg