PDA

View Full Version : So ...

Aristotle
11-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Obama was given a good, old-fashioned a$$ - kicking during the midterm election, was he not?? :)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2004544.1415604607!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/usa-obama-midterm-elections.jpg

My, my, how the sheen has gone!

Barry Morris
11-11-2014, 10:40 PM
"It Only Takes 175 Words for this Canadian to Lay an Epic Smackdown on Idiot Americans Who Rejected Obama for the GOP"

http://aattp.org/it-only-takes-175-words-for-this-canadian-to-lay-an-epic-smackdown-on-idiot-americans-who-rejected-obama-for-the-gop/

Should we now expect to see major changes for the better in the American economy, and in foreign affairs??

The Left Sock
11-12-2014, 07:56 AM
That's funny, I had no idea Obama was running in the mid-term election. The only elections I know about are the two where he beat Republican opponents, to become President - twice!

Some people will just never, ever get over the fact that a black man occupied the White House for eight years solid. It will haunt their dreams forever.

I think it's awesome!

The Voice
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
That's funny, I had no idea Obama was running in the mid-term election. The only elections I know about are the two where he beat Republican opponents, to become President - twice!

Some people will just never, ever get over the fact that a black man occupied the White House for eight years solid. It will haunt their dreams forever.

I think it's awesome!

Whats even FUNNIER is when someone with obviously no Idea how the American Political system wants to spout off none the less.

"CONTEXT" It's just not for everyone.

The Left Sock
11-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Er, saying that Obama got a beating in the mid-term election is like saying that the Liberal win in Ontario was Harper getting his arse handed to him.

It don't work that way, I'm afraid.

But, thanks for playing, just the same!

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 10:53 AM
You don't know much about midterm elections in a president's last term, do you Sock?

They are a reflection of the president more than any election besides presidential. They are the last time the people can voice their opinion on the president at the ballot box.

Barry Morris
11-12-2014, 01:00 PM
And everybody realizes of course, that Barack Obama retires in two years??

And I ask again the question that NOBODY is several arenas wants to tackle: "Should we now expect to see major changes for the better in the American economy, and in foreign affairs?? "

The Left Sock
11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Mid-term elections are a reflection of individuals running at the State level, the same way our Provincial elections reflect individuals running in each Province. People aren't really paying attention to who is sitting in Ottawa or Washington, they are trying to get the best possible representation for their area.

So once again, Democrat faring poorly on the State level, is no different than Conservatives faring poorly at the Provincial level. The only difference being, that in Canada the provinces vote independently, and at different times.

Barack Obama wasn't on any ballets in the mid-term election, so to suggest the results are a direct reflection of him is speculative, at best.

KDawg
11-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Mid-term elections are a reflection of individuals running at the State level, the same way our Provincial elections reflect individuals running in each Province. People aren't really paying attention to who is sitting in Ottawa or Washington, they are trying to get the best possible representation for their area.

So once again, Democrat faring poorly on the State level, is no different than Conservatives faring poorly at the Provincial level. The only difference being, that in Canada the provinces vote independently, and at different times.

Barack Obama wasn't on any ballets in the mid-term election, so to suggest the results are a direct reflection of him is speculative, at best.
I agree. Good or bad, the average voter doesn't think that deeply. As always, the mainstream media is full of s.hit.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
And everybody realizes of course, that Barack Obama retires in two years??

And I ask again the question that NOBODY is several arenas wants to tackle: "Should we now expect to see major changes for the better in the American economy, and in foreign affairs?? "

Yes (we're not like Canada, we have set years for elections).

Yes.

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:33 PM

President Obama said Sunday he takes responsibility for the Democrats' defeat in the midterm elections, admitting that he and his party need to do a better job at reaching out to members of the Republicans Party and also be more persuasive.

"The buck stops right here at my desk," Obama said in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "And so whenever, as the head of the party, it doesn't do well, I've got to take responsibility for it."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/obama-admits-its-my-fault-democrats-lost-midterm-elections-129463/

The American people want the “fundamental transformation” of Washington, not America!

Nov. 4 turned out to be the most terrible, awful, no good, very stinky day President Obama’s probably ever had. It was a very bleak day in the history of the Democrat Party as well. They not only lost control of the Senate, but they lost control of governorships and state legislatures in places that had been Democratic strongholds for decades.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/11/christy-stutzman-obama-terrible-awful-no-good-very/#ixzz3IuMXntpk
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:39 PM
As things stand today, Republicans in Congress enjoy a 42% approval rating. Obama, on the other hand, sits at a 39% approval rating. His disapproval rating sits at a whopping 56%.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/12/gallup-gop-congress-more-popular-than-obama

After the 2012 election, many political analysts focused on the GOP's "image problem." Now, it is the Democrats who appear to have the more battered image. Their favorability rating has never been lower, and they are reeling from defeats that cost them control of the U.S. Senate and strengthened the Republican House majority to levels likely not seen in 90 years.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/179345/democratic-party-favorable-rating-falls-record-low.aspx

Aristotle
11-12-2014, 08:44 PM
To think this past election, historic as it is, was not a referendum on the Obama presidency is to be willfully blinded.

But then again, many were willfully blinded by the glow of "The One" back in 2008. What's shocking is that a few remain so.

The Voice
11-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Anyone who tries to suggest that the American Mid-Term Elections are not a barometer of the American Political mood doesn't understand the American mindset.

I'll bet all the lefties were humming a different tune when GW got trounced in his last midterm..

Barry Morris
11-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes (we're not like Canada, we have set years for elections).

Yes.

Five years max, I think. Less for incompetents.

You guys get stuck for four at a time regardless!!!

Barry Morris
11-12-2014, 11:58 PM
To think this past election, historic as it is, was not a referendum on the Obama presidency is to be willfully blinded.

But then again, many were willfully blinded by the glow of "The One" back in 2008. What's shocking is that a few remain so.

""The buck stops right here at my desk," Obama said in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "And so whenever, as the head of the party, it doesn't do well, I've got to take responsibility for it."

Interesting to see who took responsibility.

Don't expect that from the other camp.

Now the Dems have two years to work at it, and stay in power!!! :) :) :)

Aristotle
11-13-2014, 09:17 AM
""The buck stops right here at my desk," Obama said in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "And so whenever, as the head of the party, it doesn't do well, I've got to take responsibility for it."

Interesting to see who took responsibility.

Don't expect that from the other camp.

Now the Dems have two years to work at it, and stay in power!!! :) :) :)

So, first you're saying it wasn't Obama's fault, and now you're saying it is cool he took responsibility for it.

Interesting.

As for the Dems "staying in power"....unmmm, Barry, as of January they will be the minority party.

Aristotle
11-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Five years max, I think. Less for incompetents.

You guys get stuck for four at a time regardless!!!

Has Harper been PM for longer than five years?

No, we are not stuck at four, they can serve two terms, for a total of eight years.

I see my Civics 101 was missed dearly around here the last two months :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Has Harper been PM for longer than five years?

No, we are not stuck at four, they can serve two terms, for a total of eight years.

I see my Civics 101 was missed dearly around here the last two months :) :) :)

No, you weren't missed, in any way.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 12:37 PM
You're just mad Blue greeted me with a smile :) :) :)

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 12:40 PM
But staying on topic...

Barry seemed to imply the most a Canadian PM serves is five years. Seeing Harper has been PM for eight years am I to assume Canadians do not use the Gregorian Calendar?

Anna Noyance
11-14-2014, 03:46 PM
I also thought a Canadian Prime Minister could serve a five year term.

Barry Morris
11-14-2014, 03:48 PM
You're just mad Blue greeted me with a smile :) :) :)

You thought that was a smile??

Barry Morris
11-14-2014, 03:49 PM
But staying on topic...

Barry seemed to imply the most a Canadian PM serves is five years. Seeing Harper has been PM for eight years am I to assume Canadians do not use the Gregorian Calendar?

I see you playing the game again, is all. Enjoy.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I also thought a Canadian Prime Minister could serve a five year term.

Barry inferred that was the max. So, what's up with Harper over-staying his welcome?

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 06:47 PM
I see you playing the game again, is all. Enjoy.

What would that game be? Not letting innuendo masquerade as fact? Calling out questionable sources?

Anna Noyance
11-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Barry inferred that was the max. So, what's up with Harper over-staying his welcome?

Well I read what Barry wrote to mean, our Prime Minister can be in office for a max of five years before an election. He can be re-elected and he was two more times. Your President is in office for four years before an election. You are just playing word games.

Anapeg
11-14-2014, 10:37 PM

To my mind Harper over stayed his welcome his first day in office. He looks and behaves as a used car salesman and for that analogy I apologize to any and all used car salesmen.

The Voice
11-15-2014, 07:41 AM
To my mind Harper over stayed his welcome his first day in office. He looks and behaves as a used car salesman and for that analogy I apologize to any and all used car salesmen.

Obviously someone is voting for him.

BFLPE
11-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Some people will just never, ever get over the fact that a black man occupied the White House for eight years solid. It will haunt their dreams forever.There's some truth to that. Many blacks will be haunted by that for years to come though.

The percentage of black americans who see the President as a Black Man as opposed to the President is much greater than the percentage of whites, hispanics etc. that see it that way.

With the polls showing Obama will be near the top of the list of worst presidents in history (that may change over time) it could be argued he has hurt the black movement terribly.

Fortunately they do have Mia Love to look to. :)

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Sock is playing the "if you don't like Obama you are a racist" card.

In other words, it is practically impossible to separate his words from those some elementary school kids hurl at each other.

I know some people stop growing intellectually. But to see actual regression is a bit shocking, to be truthful.

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Well I read what Barry wrote to mean, our Prime Minister can be in office for a max of five years before an election.

Where did he say anything about "before an election"?

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:17 AM
there's some truth to that. Many blacks will be haunted by that for years to come though.

The percentage of black americans who see the president as a black man as opposed to the president is much greater than the percentage of whites, hispanics etc. That see it that way.

With the polls showing obama will be near the top of the list of worst presidents in history (that may change over time) it could be argued he has hurt the black movement terribly.

post of the year

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Sock is playing the "if you don't like Obama you are a racist" card.

In other words, it is practically impossible to separate his words from those some elementary school kids hurl at each other.

I know some people stop growing intellectually. But to see actual regression is a bit shocking, to be truthful.

Most, when dealing with any topic covering those of colour, when cornered lean heavily on said topic of being "racist" and it sidetracks just enough to avoid being further queried on a point.

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 10:35 AM
"Some people will just never, ever get over the fact that a black man occupied the White House for eight years solid. It will haunt their dreams forever."

Notice, I said 'some' people. To deny there is racism still in America, is to deny reality.

So, if this is the point you fixate on, then perhaps you just might be the 'some' I was referring to.

Maybe time for some reflection in a mirror?

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:37 AM
"Some people will just never, ever get over the fact that a black man occupied the White House for eight years solid. It will haunt their dreams forever."

Notice, I said 'some' people. To deny there is racism still in America, is to deny reality.

So, if this is the point you fixate on, then perhaps you just might be the 'some' I was referring to.

Maybe time for some reflection in a mirror?

Back-pedal all you want, the regression is still in full force

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Have I mentioned that there is still a black man in the White House?

Does it irk you, any?

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Obama has been so ineffectual this is what you are reduced to.

Wish I could say I am surprised...

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 10:50 AM
So, no comment then? Pleading the fifth?

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Has 'colour' coloured anything the man has done while in office? If not, why offer it up in debate?

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
So, no comment then? Pleading the fifth?

Reduced to this ...tsk, tsk, my complete obliteration of you over in Soapbox has left a deep scar, indeed!

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Oh yes, colour is an underlying pathology that lurks around in the psyche of some Americans. They desperately want to see this black President fail, and will do just about anything to tarnish his reputation.

The fact that the American economy is in stellar shape, means nothing to them. The stock market has doubled, unemployment is down, the deficit is down, but he's still the 'worst President' in recent memory. He has to be, because he's black.

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Personally, I wait with "bait breath" for the soon-to-be-released thriller: "From Ft. Lauderdale to Auschwitz: America's Descent Into Nazism", by Left Sock :) :) :)

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Oh yes, colour is an underlying pathology that lurks around in the psyche of some Americans. They desperately want to see this black President fail, and will do just about anything to tarnish his reputation.

The fact that the American economy is in stellar shape, means nothing to them. The stock market has doubled, unemployment is down, the deficit is down, but he's still the 'worst President' in recent memory. He has to be, because he's black.

this is too easy ...

federal debt: up 52%

debt held by the public: up 72%

Real Household Income: down 5%

Real family Income: down 5%

Persons in Poverty: up 6.4 million

Food Stamp Recipients: up 46%

Gas prices: up 106%

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/obamas-numbers/

but, remember, if any of those things don't sit well with you it is probably because you're racist.

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 11:05 AM
They desperately want to see this black President fail, and will do just about anything to tarnish his reputation.

To say others are advancing this is to diminish the mans own efforts in this department.

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 11:19 AM
I take great delight in knowing that history will be favourable to President Obama. Those who continue to rant and rave about what a bad leader he was will gradually stick out more and more, and reveal themselves.

This will require some time, and patience is not something the herd excels at. But I have already filed it away, for future enjoyment.

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I take great delight in knowing that history will be favourable to President Obama. Those who continue to rant and rave about what a bad leader he was will gradually stick out more and more, and reveal themselves.

This will require some time, and patience is not something the herd excels at. But I have already filed it away, for future enjoyment.

I would not say he made a "bad" President, rather a mediocre President. He has had no resounding feats as say having a hand in or being fortuitously involved in the collapse of the Communist state, yet neither has he had a "Water Gate" so, lack lustre perhaps?

BFLPE
11-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Maybe time for some reflection in a mirror?When it comes to the current President you always seem to bring up his colour, so yes, some reflection in the mirror might be something you should consider.

Sure, there are still racists and some fools may think it better he fails than the country succeeds.

Once you get over the colour thing maybe you can use your brain and think about the positives you come up with and how they relate to post 44.

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I must confess to a certain degree of misogynistic voyeurism in all of this - positively ribald!

You can't get people to talk about why it's wrong to arrest a 90 year old man who is feeding people, but as soon as you point out there is still a black man in the White House - everybody's got something to say!

Fascinating.

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Good point, Stupefied, it is Left Sock who seems infatuated with the color of the President's skin.

How very 1950s of him

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 11:49 AM
And he's a Muslim! And he wasn't even born in America! And his middle name is the same as the guy America used to be friends with, then turned into the worst dictator in modern history!

Oh, the entertainment that has come from the right-wingers since this all started.... positively priceless!

But despite all of that, Trump still has a small furry animal on his head, and there is still a black man in the White House! Far out!

BFLPE
11-15-2014, 12:10 PM
And he's a Muslim! And he wasn't even born in America! And his middle name is the same as the guy America use to be friends with, then turned into the worst dictator in modern history!

Oh, the entertainment that has come from the right-wingers since this all started.... positively priceless!

But despite all of that, Trump still has a small furry animal on his head, and there is still a black man in the White House! Far out!Sure, but why don't you defend his foreign policy? Or how he has transformed Washington into a bi-partisan place like he talked about. The man who gained national attention with his 'no red america, no blue america...' speech. Let's hear about how Americans trust in Washington has been restored. Let's talk about how he how the middle class have succeeded while the rich have been pulled down a peg or two.

If his leadership and accomplishments were easily defensible you wouldn't be spewing the crazy stuff and the racist stuff.

Sorry, but he's not a good leader.

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 12:46 PM
And he's a Muslim! And he wasn't even born in America! And his middle name is the same as the guy America used to be friends with, then turned into the worst dictator in modern history!

But despite all of that, Trump still has a small furry animal on his head, and there is still a black man in the White House! Far out!

Aline this with the fact many Christians still hold with the image of a blond, blue eyed Caucasian visage of their God and your ecstasy should increase tenfold as many are from the American deep south.

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 12:55 PM
It's funny that you should mention Goldilocks, because I keep getting this recurring image in my head, and it makes me laugh every time:

"Someone's been sleeping in my bed. And he's still there! Only, it's not a wolf, it's a black dude, and this isn't my house, it's the White House!"

Poor little Goldilocks!

The Left Sock
11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Despite songs to the contrary, I certainly hope Santa Claus is a white man.

I'm just as progressive as the next guy, but the idea of a black elf breaking into my house in the middle of the night, triggers some of my inner demons! How do I know he's going to leave stuff, instead of take stuff?

I'm so used to the pasty white dude, I just don't know if I could ever adjust!

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Santa is Canadian and having been here prior to the Asian influx can be safely assumed Caucasian I would think. The North Pole is, after-all, in Canada, is it not?

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Guys, I am going to take responsibility for Sock's meandering comments the last two days. He set himself up for easy pickin's over in Soapbox, and I indulged. I so dismantled his "Buddhists aren't violent" meme that days later he is still in a rage that seems to get worse with time, not better.

I should have known better. There is no glory in proving someone wrong who is rarely right.

My sincere apologies. But there is little that can be done at this point. I thought it would be done when the train left the rails; now it appears he wants us to watch it tumble down the mountain, too, as it meets its fiery fate.

Oh well, may as well sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

Barry Morris
11-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Guys, I am going to take responsibility for Sock's meandering comments the last two days. He set himself up for easy pickin's over in Soapbox, and I indulged. I so dismantled his "Buddhists aren't violent" meme that days later he is still in a rage that seems to get worse with time, not better.

I should have known better. There is no glory in proving someone wrong who is rarely right.

My sincere apologies. But there is little that can be done at this point. I thought it would be done when the train left the rails; now it appears he wants us to watch it tumble down the mountain, too, as it meets its fiery fate.

Oh well, may as well sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

"There is no glory in proving someone wrong who is rarely right."

Really??? Then why do you keep bringing it up??

The Voice
11-15-2014, 06:05 PM
"There is no glory in proving someone wrong who is rarely right."

Really??? Then why do you keep bringing it up??

Really if THERE IS NOTHING HAPPENING HERE then why don't you just let it pass and move on??

Oh I know it's personal, how christian of you??

Barry Morris
11-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Really if THERE IS NOTHING HAPPENING HERE then why don't you just let it pass and move on??

Oh I know it's personal, how christian of you??

There is an accuser of the bretheren. Look it up.

Aristotle
11-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Trying to justify hypocrisy. Very Christian of him.

KDawg
11-16-2014, 10:50 AM
There is an accuser of the bretheren. Look it up.
You're bringing Satan into this?

Barry Morris
11-16-2014, 04:51 PM
You're bringing Satan into this?

:) :) :) Finally somebody knows what that refers to!!!

Anapeg
11-16-2014, 07:11 PM
You notice when both the big guns were brought out I fell silent? No chirping from this quarter.

Barry Morris
11-16-2014, 10:41 PM
You notice when both the big guns were brought out I fell silent? No chirping from this quarter.

I ain't one, and I don't care.

Aristotle
11-17-2014, 08:27 AM
:) :) :) Finally somebody knows what that refers to!!!

Or, some people knew, and wondered what it had to do with the price of tea in China :)