PDA

View Full Version : Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

Aristotle
11-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Canada’s hiding in the U.S. shadow on climate policy has proved a good strategy to justify inaction. No longer will this be the case. With a bilateral China-U.S. agreement on controlling long-term GHG, pressure will mount for Canada to not only announce new long-term GHG targets, but to prove it is taking action.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/canada-cant-hide-any-longer-after-us-china-climate-deal/article21553164/

Anapeg
11-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Canada’s hiding in the U.S. shadow on climate policy has proved a good strategy to justify inaction. No longer will this be the case. With a bilateral China-U.S. agreement on controlling long-term GHG, pressure will mount for Canada to not only announce new long-term GHG targets, but to prove it is taking action.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/canada-cant-hide-any-longer-after-us-china-climate-deal/article21553164/

There is no way any Canadian government has the political cojones to jump on that bandwagon anytime soon without an escape clause in case their rich friends start to bleed coin.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Alberta Oil Sands

1) great for the economy

2) not so great for Canada's environmental record

So far, greed is winning :(

Anapeg
11-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Alberta Oil Sands

1) great for the economy

2) not so great for Canada's environmental record

So far, greed is winning :(

You feel the need to clarify my statement for your own benefit? Or do you pass this off as an original idea?

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
You feel the need to clarify my statement for your own benefit? Or do you pass this off as an original idea?

I'll take "C": both

Anapeg
11-14-2014, 03:21 PM
I'll take "C": both

Interesting admission to say the least.

Barry Morris
11-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Interesting admission to say the least.

Always. But never in reference to conservative greed.

Anapeg
11-14-2014, 04:49 PM

Small man syndrome is in effect.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 07:45 PM

Is that your defense on this issue?

Barry Morris
11-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Small man syndrome is in effect.

True.

The Voice
11-15-2014, 08:39 AM
True.

Big Bully syndrome in effect.

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:18 AM
True.

Is this on topic?

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Is this on topic?

Actually, were you to read back it is in fact reference to your tactical swerve that led to the comment of "True". So while it may be considered off topic it is also so due to yourself.

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Actually, were you to read back it is in fact reference to your tactical swerve that led to the comment of "True". So while it may be considered off topic it is also so due to yourself.

So what a Mod should do is continue it?

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 11:27 AM
So what a Mod should do is continue it?

Hard not to when one follows your erratic lead while participating in a conversation with yourself..

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Listen, I know you're still all bent out of shape over the fact yesterday I opined I give about as much moral authority to you as I do this coffee cup next to me, but, hey, that was never my fault. Why on earth would you even I assume I'd grant someone with such hypocritical values over an important issue ANY moral authority at all??

That's your fault, for even thinking it.

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Listen, I know you're still all bent out of shape over the fact yesterday I opined I give about as much moral authority to you as I do this coffee cup next to me, but, hey, that was never my fault. Why on earth would you even I assume I'd grant someone with such hypocritical values over an important issue ANY moral authority at all??

That's your fault, for even thinking it.

Yet another post so far off topic as to bear no value to the op, and yet you wonder..

Aristotle
11-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Point made

Anapeg
11-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Point made

We can move on then?

PC governance is aimed at the rich helping themselves. Lib. is aimed at the rich helping the poor. NDP is so disorganized as to be lost among themselves. Neither the Liberal nor the Progressives will do anything to truly harm the rich as each needs the rich to further their agenda. This being a given, ugly, harmful money makers such as the Tar Sands will continue to flourish as our economy is diminutive in respect to the U.S. Canada lacks the population base to fleece the masses as does the U.S so larger, richer pickings are required so our rich can hob **** with your rich.