PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Sneezes, Canada Catches Cold

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 02:16 PM
The famous U.S. Black Friday shopping blitz is not far off and it turns out quite a few Canadians call in sick to scoop up the deals.

A new survey from IPG Media says employers can expect around 1 million calls from staff claiming to be ‘under the weather’ to shop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

The retail sales trends over the past two years suggest Black Friday has taken root here in Canada, experts say. Black Friday is the new Boxing Day, retail data suggests.

“Clearly, Canadians are planning ahead and making time for what is fast becoming the most popular shopping weekend of the year,” says Chris Herlihey, vice president research at IPG Mediabrands. “Black Friday and Cyber Monday are making Boxing Day less relevant. And, it may feel more like ‘Slack Friday’ to many employers year after year.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1669875/1-million-canadians-expected-to-call-in-sick-to-go-black-friday-shopping-report/

1 million people out of a workforce of about 18 million calling in sick. The economic impact due to loss productivity will be appreciable. Then, throw in the fact the millions of dollars that are going to American companies instead of Canadian companies, and, well, this isn't good news for the true North strong and free.

Greed wins again :(

Barry Morris
11-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I see you haven't learned anything.

Anapeg
11-14-2014, 04:48 PM

He has at least properly arranged his helmet and ceased licking the windows.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 07:43 PM

I forgot, all stories about Canada must show it in a positive light.

What is to learn ,exactly? And why on earth would it be a terrible thing if one were banished from a dying site?

If I'm doing anything against protocol I expect someone to tell me. You, sir, ain't the one here.

Aristotle
11-14-2014, 07:44 PM
He has at least properly arranged his helmet and ceased licking the windows.

And these are the types of comments you wish others to engage in, right?

Or is this an example of an example we should not follow?