PDA

View Full Version : Not Jeb Bush for President next.

Lance1
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
The States has a population of 370 million yet its like the Royal Family down there to pick a leader.
Bush ,Clintons , don't they look outside of those families? Might as well just have a monarchy system.

I'm amazed Michelle, Malia Ann and Sasha Obama are not going for the job yet.

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 11:02 AM
The States has a population of 370 million yet its like the Royal Family down there to pick a leader.
Bush ,Clintons , don't they look outside of those families? Might as well just have a monarchy system.

Give them time!!

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 11:21 AM
The States has a population of 370 million

When a comment starts out with such misinformation how can one take the rest seriously??

US population: 316 million

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 11:30 AM
When a comment starts out with such misinformation how can one take the rest seriously??

Matt 23:24"You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!"

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Matt 23:24"You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!"

Oh, coming from you...that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO rich!!!! :) :) :)

Lance1
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM

322 Million http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/us-population/ plus I added the illegals. But still even a country of 7 Million has more then two families to chose from for a leader.

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Throw that stone with care, remember the Trudeau blood line runs deep here. While it is unusual, we are, I believe going to try the American way.

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh, coming from you...that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO rich!!!! :) :) :)

Today's laugh!!!

And, naturally, non-responsive to OP.

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Throw that stone with care, remember the Trudeau blood line runs deep here. While it is unusual, we are, I believe going to try the American way.

Justin has little chance. Foot in mouth every second day!!

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Today's laugh!!!

And, naturally, non-responsive to OP.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought of your response...you are a mind-reader!

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Not hard to read you. You're always the same. And you never read posts.

Easy to tell, because mine was a direct response to the last sentence of the OP.

Yours was a nit picky typo correction.

YOU WIN!!! :) :) :)

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 04:24 PM

He is right you know, when you are unsure, backed into a corner, or just hard up for a response you ignore the topic and attack personalities or typo's and grammar. You excel at being the one true constant (outside of Sock) on this BBS.

Barry, I see Justin having a chance only because there are many with warm memories of his father. On his own he is a puddle, but with memory on his side he may just impress. They will make allowances due to age, unfamiliar surrounding, etc. They are still grooming a boy to be more like "the" man. Also one needs consider who he will be against.

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 04:53 PM
He is right you know, when you are unsure, backed into a corner, or just hard up for a response you ignore the topic and attack personalities or typo's and grammar. You excel at being the one true constant (outside of Sock) on this BBS.

If you feel "might as well have a monarchy there" as a viable statement which deserves a comment then I'm not quite sure what to say. Ridiculous hyperbole needs no response.

And speaking of "constants", would your obviously-insatiable need to always tell others how,and why, they are not measuring up to standards here also be seen as a "constant"? If not, why not?

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Not hard to read you. You're always the same. And you never read posts.

Easy to tell, because mine was a direct response to the last sentence of the OP.

Yours was a nit picky typo correction.

YOU WIN!!! :) :) :)

Can you tell me if the response of yours quoted above is "on topic"?

If so,how?

If not, why did you post it?

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 05:06 PM

The Bush family has had two members as president. As have the Adams family (no,not that one), John and John Quincy.

Can you tell me what two Clintons have been president?

So, out of 225 years of presidents a grand total of 20 years have seen members of the same family hold the position (John Adams-4; JQ Adams-4; George HW Bush-4; George W Bush -8)

Therefore, a grand total of 9% of the years the presidency has been in existence has seen it occupied by the members of the same immediate family. Stated another way, 91% of the years the presidency has been in existence has seen it occupied by people not from the same immediate family.

Please, kind sir, tell me how this 9% equates to a "monarchy"?

If the Leafs won the Stanley Cup 9 times in 100 years could we call them a dynasty, from a century-perspective?

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
(make way....here come the crickets)

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
If you feel "might as well have a monarchy there" as a viable statement which deserves a comment then I'm not quite sure what to say. Ridiculous hyperbole needs no response.

And speaking of "constants", would your obviously-insatiable need to always tell others how,and why, they are not measuring up to standards here also be seen as a "constant"? If not, why not?

*Ridiculous hyperbole needs no response.* Still you feel the need to respond.

*And speaking of "constants", would your obviously-insatiable need to always tell others how,and why, they are not measuring up to standards here also be seen as a "constant"? If not, why not?[/QUOTE]* If this indeed be my lot in life, so be it. I "tell" no one how to behave, I do point out if they are making a silly faux pas. You chance of me saving you from a speeding bus are infinitesimally small so I take the little pleasures and be happy. Neither are the standards my own. I am witness to what is posted here and smart enough to know when someone is either wallowing, or going to wallow with the swine and able to discern their ability for so much more. If this upset, by all means, tell me and I will cease. I will ask one more question of you, how does one know they are doing or have done something untoward if there is no notification? Is this not a large part of teaching?

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 05:55 PM
*Ridiculous hyperbole needs no response.* Still you feel the need to respond.

I meant it was not deserving of the type of response you mentioned earlier, not that no response of any kind was warranted.

Are you incapable of identifying metaphorical or deliberately exaggerated speech? :)

how does one know they are doing or have done something untoward if there is no notification?

Let's not put the cart before the horse, dear sir. Your comment only makes sense if an actual untoward thing had occurred. For example: he makes an intelligent comment, and I respond with a curt or silly reply.

But nothing of the sort happened. He made a silly statement, and I replied in kind. As such, you ignored his untoward comment, thus leaving you in a very poor position indeed to judge the validity of my response.

bueno?

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Is it not better to lift someone up to your level than to stoop to theirs? A wonderful teacher who was at my side for 8 years said this to me, in personal conversation at graduation from grade school. Tried to maintain that standard for 51 years, with few failures to mention, I think I have done well.

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Can you tell me if the response of yours quoted above is "on topic"?

If so,how?

If not, why did you post it?

And here you show Anapeg to be correct.

Thanks!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
12-03-2014, 07:49 PM
'''But nothing of the sort happened....

bueno?

And again.

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 08:16 PM
"Again", as in I win again?? :) :) :)

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 08:48 PM
And here you show Anapeg to be correct.

Thanks!!

Ignoring my question, eh?

I think we all know why :) :) :)

Aristotle
12-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Is it not better to lift someone up to your level than to stoop to theirs? A wonderful teacher who was at my side for 8 years said this to me, in personal conversation at graduation from grade school. Tried to maintain that standard for 51 years, with few failures to mention, I think I have done well.

Well...that's one opinion :) :) :)

The Left Sock
12-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Personally, I think Jeb Bush would make a far better President than his brother George. I wonder how the world would look today, if he was in the White House during 9/11, instead of Dubya?

I just don't know if the American people will be able to look past the George W. years, and take a chance on putting another Bush in the White House.

But then again, faced with the prospect of another Clinton in the White House, anything becomes possible.

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Well...that's one opinion :) :) :)

Ah, that rapier like wit, sharp and cutting as ever.

People thought America unprepared for a black president so perhaps dismissing Hillary' opportunity may be premature? She seems to me, a complete outsider as competent and honest. I confess to knowing less than a smattering on American politics. I barley keep up with our own.

The Left Sock
12-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Dude, Hillary is an outsider, the same way Madonna is chaste.

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Dude, Hillary is an outsider, the same way Madonna is chaste.

By God you found it. I detest that 'title', DUDE! Take that away from some teens, or worse yet make profanity illegal and they will be mute. Dude!

Anapeg
12-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry, Hillary, yea.........................

Aristotle
12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Ah, that rapier like wit, sharp and cutting as ever.

Sorry of you took that as "wit", it was not.

Hate to brake the news to you...but some people may not be as bowled-over by your persona here as you are.

No offense, I hope. Just stating a fact, an action of which I know you approve.

Lance1
12-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Personally, I think Jeb Bush would make a far better President than his brother George. I wonder how the world would look today, if he was in the White House during 9/11, instead of Dubya?

I just don't know if the American people will be able to look past the George W. years, and take a chance on putting another Bush in the White House.

But then again, faced with the prospect of another Clinton in the White House, anything becomes possible.

It's not that Jeb Bush would be good or not but it's odd that such a large populous country gets their leaders from such a small gene pool.
Two related Roosevelt's, almost two Kenndy's (Bobby shot) working on two Clintons and now a 3rd Bush.

Most democracies like Canada,UK,France,Norway, Australia and Germany and so on with smaller populations never had two leaders remotely related. You only hear of it in Monarchies or directorships.
It just can't be good for so few families to be able throw so many relatives into the highest position of the land.

Aristotle
12-04-2014, 12:09 PM
It's not that Jeb Bush would be good or not but it's odd that such a large populous country gets their leaders from such a small gene pool.
Two related Roosevelt's, almost two Kenndy's (Bobby shot) working on two Clintons and now a 3rd Bush.

Most democracies like Canada,UK,France,Norway, Australia and Germany and so on with smaller populations never had two leaders remotely related. You only hear of it in Monarchies or directorships.
It just can't be good for so few families to be able throw so many relatives into the highest position of the land.

Again, 9% of all presidents have been related. That seems a number that should not cause concern or worry. Also, the executive branch is but one branch among three equals , and as such comparison to countries that do not have the same system become invalid.

Now, if a president had sole power of the government, with no checks or balances, then perhaps the 9% number may hold some validity. But that simply isn't the case. The president's powers are kept in check through the system created in the Constitution.

If your concern had any legs I believe it would be an issue that more people talk about, or that books are written about. That doesn't happen on a significant basis, because the 'threat' is not a threat at all.

KDawg
04-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Hillary Rodham Clinton jumped back into presidential politics on Sunday, announcing her much-awaited second campaign for the White House. "Everyday Americans need a champion. I want to be that champion," she said.http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150412/us--dem_2016-clinton-26aa04a860.html

Here comes another Clinton... again.

Barry Morris
04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Well, we know what the media will be covering incessantly for the next 18 months or so...

Hilary is so fuggin' greasy...

On an unrelated note, Ted Cruz, running for President... that whack job is one of our's, though he renounced his citizenship... I thought you had to actually be born an American to be eligible to run; or does he get to be considered American by default because his mother was an American citizen?

A white republican could have been born on the moon, it won't matter.

And all the whackos who believe to this day Obama was NOT born in America will not give a peep!!!

Bluesky
04-13-2015, 09:53 AM
A white republican could have been born on the moon, it won't matter.

And all the whackos who believe to this day Obama was NOT born in America will not give a peep!!!

This has nothing to do with being a white republican. Nice try though. Ya gots to inform yourself.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/mar/26/ted-cruz-born-canada-eligible-run-president-update/

Barry Morris
04-13-2015, 02:14 PM
This has nothing to do with being a white republican.....

Really?? Let's hope you're right!!

BFLPE
04-13-2015, 02:38 PM
lol, a conspiracy around every corner.

A lot jumping into the Republican race and none for the dems. I almost feel bad for Clinton, sacrificial lamb she will be.

Bluesky
04-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Really?? Let's hope you're right!!

Seriously? You forgot how long it took for Obama to assure people he was not born in Kenya? And whoops. He is a black democrat.

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Seriously? You forgot how long it took for Obama to assure people he was not born in Kenya? And whoops. He is a black democrat.

So Obama had to go out of his way to prove he was born on American soil, but now a man who admits being born elsewhere will be fully accepted, no problems, while the interpretation of the constitutional requirements moves over to show that this is no problem.

Interesting.

I will believe the USA is growing up when I see a female or black Republican presidential candidate.

RWGR
04-14-2015, 10:24 AM
So Obama had to go out of his way to prove he was born on American soil, but now a man who admits being born elsewhere will be fully accepted, no problems, while the interpretation of the constitutional requirements moves over to show that this is no problem.

Interesting.

I will believe the USA is growing up when I see a female or black Republican presidential candidate.

If only we were like mature Canada, with all the Black candidates for ...

There have been Black Republican candidates for the party's nomination. Just because they didn't win it doesn't mean the U.S. needs to "grow up". Again, very simplistic thinking.

As for a female candidate, Sarah Palin was close...funny, I don't remember you singing her praises.

So, you really don't care about a candidate's skin color or gender, you just want them to believe like you.

RWGR
04-14-2015, 10:25 AM
So Obama had to go out of his way to prove he was born on American soil

Where is the proof he had to go out of his way? Examples? Source? Link?

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Where is the proof he had to go out of his way? Examples? Source? Link?

Why don't you give up on those requests?? You know you never respond to them.

You Win!!!

RWGR
04-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Why don't you give up on those requests?? You know you never respond to them.

You Win!!!

Thank you for admitting you cannot, yet again, back up what you said earlier.

Official Cat of Soonet
04-14-2015, 11:02 AM

Interesting.

Foolishness. Nobody will ever take you seriously with posts like this. I'm so embarrassed for you sometimes.

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you for admitting you cannot, yet again, back up what you said earlier.

Whatever.

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Foolishness. Nobody will ever take you seriously with posts like this. I'm so embarrassed for you sometimes.

Did someone speak??

RWGR
04-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Did someone speak??

Obviously...or you're quoting voices in your head ;) ;) ;)

Chachinga
04-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Obviously...or you're quoting voices in your head ;) ;) ;)

B-a-z-z-i-n-g-a ! ! ! ! ;)

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 05:47 PM
The kids will play!!!

Reckidecky
04-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Personally I think Americans made a huge mistake overlooking Ron Paul when they had the chance. America would be quite different today had he been elected. Probably would have been assassinated. Lol! In so far as his Son goes...not sure about his platform but back to the basics seems prudent.

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Well said Red!!!

Also,

"No matter what you do or say, it make no difference," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/25/birthers.obama.hawaii/

Obama's childhood nickname was Barry!! How delightful!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
04-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Anyone care to translate the above??

Chachinga
04-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Who's Red?

RWGR
04-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Who's Red?

LOL...more voices in the head, I fear

Barry Morris
04-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Anyone care to translate the above??

Only one who ever calls for a translation.

RWGR
04-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Only one who ever calls for a translation.

Only one who still is trying to understand you.

Don't I get points for that??

Chachinga
04-15-2015, 10:24 AM

Get in line! :eek:

Barry Morris
04-15-2015, 10:25 AM

Don't I get points for that??

Don't worry, your hat will cover them!

RWGR
04-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Ahhh, yes, another sly insult...which greatly offends Barry...unless he is the one slinging them

How convenient.

Barry Morris
04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Ahhh, yes, another sly insult...which greatly offends Barry...unless he is the one slinging them

How convenient.

I trust you won't mind if I use this as a quote when the reverse happens??

RWGR
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
I trust you won't mind if I use this as a quote when the reverse happens??

Lot's to enjoy here :) :) :)

Barry Morris
04-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Lot's to enjoy here :) :) :)

Always. An excellent study in human nature.

RWGR
04-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Always. An excellent study in human nature.

Could not agree more!! :) :) :)