PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace Mr Be'liveau

The Voice
12-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Our Thoughts also go out to Mr. Hockey and his family at this time.

Aristotle
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I didn't know Jean B went by "Mr. Hockey", too

With him gone, and Gordie Howe barely holding on, it certainly feels as if a golden age of hockey is leaving us for good.

riggs
12-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Gone but never forgotten.

The Voice
12-05-2014, 10:34 PM
I didn't know Jean B went by "Mr. Hockey", too

With him gone, and Gordie Howe barely holding on, it certainly feels as if a golden age of hockey is leaving us for good.

Gordie Howe is Mr Hockey that's who I was talking about. By the way that's Mr. Howe to you.

The Voice
12-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Gordie Howe is Mr Hockey that's who I was talking about. By the way that's Mr. Howe to you.

The key word was also. Your reading comprehension lesson is free today.

Aristotle
12-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Gordie Howe is Mr Hockey that's who I was talking about.

Well then your ability to create a coherent sentence is practically non-existent.

Barry Morris
12-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Well then your ability to create a coherent sentence is practically non-existent.

Uh, no.

The Voice
12-08-2014, 10:46 AM

What Can I say I was probably drinking.:)

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Uh, no.

LOL, he doesn't deny it, but Barry does.

More examples of Barry's reflexive responses making him look, well ...

The Voice
12-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Needless to say our sincerest wishes go out to Mr. Hockey(Mr.Howe) and his family at this difficult time.

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 08:04 PM
LOL, he doesn't deny it, but Barry does.

More examples of Barry's reflexive responses making him look, well ...

Well, Mr Hockey History, I haven't watched a whole hockey game since I was 10, but even I know that Gordy Howe is Mr Hockey. And it's apparent to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension that the sentence meant Mr Howe, since JB was NOT Mr Hockey.

Hope you get that, Mr Reflexive Response!!!

The Voice
12-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Let's just make this about the people who are in grieving, instead of giving each other grief.

The Voice
12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Well, Mr Hockey History, I haven't watched a whole hockey game since I was 10, but even I know that Gordy Howe is Mr Hockey. And it's apparent to anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension that the sentence meant My Howe, since JB was NOT Mr Hockey.

Hope you get that, Mr Reflexive Response!!!

Barry it was a tricky statement and I wasn't sure it looked right when I read it. Then I provoked RW with a jab so it's on me not on him.

I digress.

Barry Morris
12-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Barry it was a tricky statement and I wasn't sure it looked right when I read it. Then I provoked RW with a jab so it's on me not on him.

I digress.

Looks perfectly obvious to me. And you even provided a polite explanation.

Aristotle
12-09-2014, 02:56 PM
And again!! :) :) :)

Aristotle
12-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Tell me how someone would just assume a thread about JB is a thread about Gordie Howe:

Rest In Peace Mr Be'liveau

Barry Morris
12-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Tell me how someone would just assume a thread about JB is a thread about Gordie Howe:

Rest In Peace Mr Be'liveau

Why don't you explain what "also" means in this context.

It means that the object of the sentence, "Our thoughts" is aimed in two directions. This is made clear by the fact that Mr Hockey is NOT JB, but Gordie Howe.

Aristotle
12-09-2014, 05:46 PM
My god, even the creator of the post admitted it was worded poorly, and could be easily taken out of context, and yet you continue on your one-man crusade.

But keep on, it's lending credence to a theory out there