PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 11:33 AM
A purported new Islamic State propaganda video features a Canadian man who threatens violence and “punishment” against Canadians on their own soil.

In the video, distributed by a U.S. company that monitors jihadist posts around the world, the young man says others should follow the example of Martin Couture-Rouleau, who ran down and killed Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent in Quebec on Oct. 20.

The man identifies himself as Abu Anwar al-Canadi, but his real name is John Maguire. He studied at the University of Ottawa before “falling off the map” about two years ago, according to one fellow student.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/ottawa-man-urges-attacks-on-canadians-in-purported-isis-video-1.2136780#ixzz3LJx8lwgJ

I thought terrorists had no problem with Canada? Isn't that the general theory around here?

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Security concerns prompted the closing Monday of Canada’s embassy in Cairo, just a day after the British embassy, located just a two-minute walk away, had also shut down.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-embassy-in-cairo-closed-due-to-security-concerns/article21987285/

Anapeg
12-08-2014, 03:26 PM
You have no idea the time you save we busy Canadians by digging in and posting the news. You are a Saint.

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 03:33 PM
I feel it's the least I could do, seeing so many American-based stories are posted here for my benefit! :) :) :)

Anapeg
12-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I feel it's the least I could do, seeing so many American-based stories are posted here for my benefit! :) :) :)

Your service does not go unnoticed, nor unappreciated when it comes to that. It was but a thought, an acknowledgement if you will.

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Hadn't noticed, what with all the ones posted about Canada.

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Hadn't noticed.

That's because you don't want to notice!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 07:49 PM
That's because you don't want to notice!! :) :) :)

How odd that is, coming from the saint Anapeg mentioned.

The Left Sock
12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
"Trolling, trolling, trolling, though his ego's swollen, keep that BS rolling, raw lies!"

The Voice
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Hadn't noticed, what with all the ones posted about Canada.

Regardless of Intent this is a conversation we should be having.

The Voice
12-08-2014, 10:05 PM
"Trolling, trolling, trolling, though his ego's swollen, keep that BS rolling, raw lies!"

Say's the sock about himself??

You'd certainly know a swollen ego when you saw one.

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Say's the sock about himself??

You'd certainly know a swollen ego when you saw one.

Soc wouldn't win that contest.