PDA

View Full Version : Ring those Bells

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 10:36 AM
...alarm bells, unfortunately

One of the world’s major credit rating agencies is ringing new alarm bells - rather loudly - about consumer debt levels and house prices in Canada.

And what that could mean for the country’s banks.

It’s not the first time Fitch Ratings has issued such warning about household debt and real estate values.

In its latest report, Fitch details how the “Canadian consumer has essentially had to lever up to keep pace with the growth in home prices,” and how values have surged in Toronto and Vancouver, in particular.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/fitch-warns-of-canadians-forced-to-lever-up-as-home-prices-surged/article21987503/

Anapeg
12-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Perhaps we can further emulate our cousins to the south, this is, should you chose to recall, not uncharted territory?

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 02:31 PM
It seems whatever you are doing is not coinciding with the generally (wrongly) -held belief Canada is immune to the wrath of terrorism.

Anapeg
12-08-2014, 02:52 PM
It seems whatever you are doing is not coinciding with the generally (wrongly) -held belief Canada is immune to the wrath of terrorism.

It is, alas, not we do that promotes ire, rather with whom we chose to associate. When you hide under another' umbrella, you are both protected from falling rain but subject to being sprayed by the same vehicles passing.

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
It is, alas, not we do that promotes ire, rather with whom we chose to associate. When you hide under another' umbrella, you are both protected from falling rain but subject to being sprayed by the same vehicles passing.

Perhaps it is time to put on your big boy pants and take a more independent stance?

Our teets can only be suckled so much...

...wait, let me rephrase that ....

Anapeg
12-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Perhaps it is time to put on your big boy pants and take a more independent stance?

Our teets can only be suckled so much...

...wait, let me rephrase that ....

You stance, while expected is yet disappointing, I have long seen it as a symbiotic relationship. Would you care to delve into it and explore our nations relationships?

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Your OP is about debt.

May I suggest that off topic complaints need not be posted by you any longer.

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Your OP is about debt.

May I suggest that off topic complaints need not be posted by you any longer.

I only post them to people who will be proactive...so you don't need to be on the outlook for any coming your way :) :) :)

Aristotle
12-08-2014, 05:08 PM
You stance, while expected is yet disappointing, I have long seen it as a symbiotic relationship. Would you care to delve into it and explore our nations relationships?

We certainly can do that (of course, one would hope Mr. Morris could add something of substance, and not try to derail the thread).

Barry Morris
12-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I only post them to people who will be proactive...so you don't need to be on the outlook for any coming your way :) :) :)

You need to remember your own comments about big boy pants.

And here you mentioned terrorism in a thread about debt.