PDA

View Full Version : So Why is This Happening?

Aristotle
12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Ice is forming on the Great Lakes faster this year than any other.

Lake Superior had areas freezing on Nov. 15, according to Great Lakes Environmental Research data. Thatís the earliest in over 40 years.

http://greatlakesecho.org/2014/12/03/great-lakes-ice-breaking-all-the-rules/

Yet we were told the low water levels of just a few years ago were a harbinger of things to come, due to, well, you know.

Funny how mother nature just bounces back, at rates and levels no one sees coming.

Barry Morris
12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
There is a key word that you keep missing, (of course, we know why!)

Read carefully.

Check your dictionary for its precise meaning.

The word is....

global.

I do hope someday you catch on.

Aristotle
12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I forgot...the Great Lakes are not part of the globe!! :) :) :)

Anapeg
12-10-2014, 12:44 PM
I have agreed to global change. I have said so in various threads. I have disagreed that man is solely responsible but that is of little consequence. What brought it on is not as important as is what can we do to either stop it or to mitigate the harm done. Here, those decrying the problem go mute. Everything, bar none, that I have read, claims we must cease and desist burning fossil fuels and cease the pollution from manufacture, world wide. Anything less will simply lengthen the time to an inevitable end. Are you, is the world, going to go back a couple hundred years and start subsistence farming? How many would this kill?

Barry Morris
12-10-2014, 03:40 PM
I forgot...the Great Lakes are not part of the globe!! :) :) :)

Hmmm, odd that, cause nobody else forgot that the Great Lakes are part of the globe.

Of course, any map you would use only shows the southern borders.

Aristotle
12-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Hmmm, odd that, cause nobody else forgot that the Great Lakes are part of the globe.

Of course, any map you would use only shows the southern borders.

Why...what's north of us??

Anapeg
12-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Why...what's north of us??

America's play ground.

Aristotle
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Alaska?

Lance1
12-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Ice is forming on the Great Lakes faster this year than any other.

Probably the same reason I pulled my snow blower out ealier then in the last 20 years. This Winter Plain Sucks!

Aristotle
12-11-2014, 11:15 AM
I must echo my agreement.

Winter, when I was a mere lad, was a joyous time of fun and frivolity. Now, I dread it.

Anapeg
12-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Alaska?

Pull out your atlas, you missed a very large chunk of ice and snow twixt Mitchigan and 'laska.

Aristotle
12-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Pull out your atlas, you missed a very large chunk of ice and snow twixt Mitchigan and 'laska.

Isn't that Minnesota?

Anapeg
12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Isn't that Minnesota?

I would much rather a large sota please?